CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

purpose of letting henna sit

2 posters

Go down

purpose of letting henna sit Empty purpose of letting henna sit

Post by yaya482 1st November 2010, 10:28 pm

I'm doing a henna treatment for the first time tomorrow night..Should i mix it now and then put on tomorrow or do it right before???
Does it make a difference

btw my mix is

Henna
yogurt
milk
molasses
olive oil
yaya482
yaya482

Back to top Go down

purpose of letting henna sit Empty Re: purpose of letting henna sit

Post by Curlock Holmes 1st November 2010, 10:45 pm

depends on how long you want it to be in your hair and if you want color uptake in your hair. If you plan on letting it stay in for a long time (perhaps overnight), you can mix it and then apply it to your hair, as the dye will release while its in your hair. (I know Jamilla releases dye quickly, not sure about other brands). In my opinion its just easier to mix it before hand and then put it in when I feel like it. I only keep henna in my hair for 4 hours anyways.

BTW, what's the purpose of the milk? if you add that to your mix, add it at the very end, because you don't want a soupy mix (makes for messy application).
Curlock Holmes
Curlock Holmes

Back to top Go down

Post by yaya482 1st November 2010, 10:49 pm

thanks you soo much!
I have the jamilla brand.
I really don't care much for the color because my hair is very dark and i doubt it'll show very much,i really just want the conditioning benefits of henna. And i heard that milk is good for conditioning ,but ill wait till right before, i don't want a mess.lol
yaya482
yaya482

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down