DONT YOU HATE.......

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: DONT YOU HATE.......

Post by LaNatural on 16th January 2011, 9:30 pm

Don't you hate it when people state that you aren't black enough just because you speak proper english.

I have been called an Oreo and also I've been told many times that I am the whitest black girl my friends have ever met.

I state that it's because I have expanded my taste in music, movies, tv and everything else. People need to get off this stereotyping of their own race or stop complaining.
avatar
LaNatural

Posts : 42
Join date : 2010-11-08
Age : 32
Location : New Jersey

View user profile http://naturallyme.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Re: DONT YOU HATE.......

Post by Fleur on 16th January 2011, 9:39 pm

LaNatural wrote:Don't you hate it when people state that you aren't black enough just because you speak proper english.

I have been called an Oreo and also I've been told many times that I am the whitest black girl my friends have ever met.

I state that it's because I have expanded my taste in music, movies, tv and everything else. People need to get off this stereotyping of their own race or stop complaining.

That happens to me all the time. Crazy thing is that I know more about our history than the ones that try to diss me. I shut it down quickly. It's sad that being educated or embracing various types of music, movies, or activities is considered "white".
avatar
Fleur

Posts : 511
Join date : 2010-08-16
Age : 38
Location : San Antonio, TX

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DONT YOU HATE.......

Post by Jo Somebody on 17th January 2011, 9:02 am

Don't you hate when you leave your memory stick in your jeans pocket and put it in the washing machine and it has a load of work on it??? Sad
(it's now buried in rice, hopefully drying perfectly)
avatar
Jo Somebody

Posts : 241
Join date : 2010-12-13
Location : London/Nottingham, UK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DONT YOU HATE.......

Post by exhale1913 on 17th January 2011, 11:15 am

Don't you hate it when the someone licks their fingers to separate something then tries to hand it to YOU?!?!?
avatar
exhale1913

Posts : 97
Join date : 2009-11-05
Age : 42
Location : Richmond, VA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DONT YOU HATE.......

Post by Jo Somebody on 17th January 2011, 11:38 am

Don't you hate when people sneeze into their hand and then rub their hands together as if that's somehow cleaning them?? Ew.
avatar
Jo Somebody

Posts : 241
Join date : 2010-12-13
Location : London/Nottingham, UK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DONT YOU HATE.......

Post by EMarie on 17th January 2011, 11:48 am

Dont you hate when its 27 degrees outside and your car decides NOT to start!!??
avatar
EMarie

Posts : 122
Join date : 2010-10-20
Location : Jersey City, NJ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DONT YOU HATE.......

Post by Kicha on 17th January 2011, 12:51 pm

Don't you hate it when people cough without covering their mouth?

Don't you hate it when your hubby during the course of the night finds his head partially on my pillow and snores right in my ear? Happens practically every night!
avatar
Kicha

Posts : 31
Join date : 2010-07-18
Location : England (from Washington DC)

View user profile http://public.fotki.com/Kicha/

Back to top Go down

Re: DONT YOU HATE.......

Post by Napp_Napp_Cat on 17th January 2011, 7:01 pm

Don't you hate it when your friend always brings her boyfriend around to hang out? Omg, I so annoying lol!
avatar
Napp_Napp_Cat

Posts : 182
Join date : 2010-06-01
Age : 28

View user profile http://theabccollege.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: DONT YOU HATE.......

Post by EMarie on 17th January 2011, 7:06 pm

Napp_Napp_Cat wrote:Don't you hate it when your friend always brings her boyfriend around to hang out? Omg, I so annoying lol!

YES YES YES!!! Or bring him to my house knowing I dont care for this dude and then walk him around and show him MY PLACE!!! SHEESH!!!
avatar
EMarie

Posts : 122
Join date : 2010-10-20
Location : Jersey City, NJ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DONT YOU HATE.......

Post by cluelesscurl on 17th January 2011, 7:14 pm

Having to go to the bathroom every five minutes because of the amount of water you're drinking

cluelesscurl

Posts : 232
Join date : 2010-04-24
Location : Florida

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DONT YOU HATE.......

Post by Mandi'sGoneCurly! on 17th January 2011, 7:21 pm

cluelesscurl wrote:Having to go to the bathroom every five minutes because of the amount of water you're drinking

I know! I've made a game of it though, everytime I go, I take a big swig of water beforehand. That way I have something to do and it makes the day go by faster.... lol
avatar
Mandi'sGoneCurly!

Posts : 292
Join date : 2010-12-10
Age : 27
Location : Anchorage, AK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DONT YOU HATE.......

Post by Mandi'sGoneCurly! on 17th January 2011, 7:25 pm

....when people do the EXACT thing they know will irritate you just to get a rise out of you?
avatar
Mandi'sGoneCurly!

Posts : 292
Join date : 2010-12-10
Age : 27
Location : Anchorage, AK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DONT YOU HATE.......

Post by Ambitious_Tiff on 17th January 2011, 7:41 pm

LaNatural wrote:Don't you hate it when people state that you aren't black enough just because you speak proper english.

I have been called an Oreo and also I've been told many times that I am the whitest black girl my friends have ever met.

I state that it's because I have expanded my taste in music, movies, tv and everything else. People need to get off this stereotyping of their own race or stop complaining.

Hate it with a passion honey!

Don't you hate it when you get a good paycheck, finally splurge on some items you've been putting off for a while, then life happens? E.g. your car breaks down after going 8 billion miles without as much as a hiccup, cell phone needs to be replaced b/c all of a sudden the freakin screen isn't working (warranty gone and insurance still taxing), or some other left field happening. Suspect Universe gets me everytime, lol.
avatar
Ambitious_Tiff

Posts : 974
Join date : 2010-12-02
Age : 30
Location : Montgomery, AL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DONT YOU HATE.......

Post by cluelesscurl on 17th January 2011, 7:52 pm

@Mandi
I make a game out of it too lol but it be like a waterfall sometimes never ending

cluelesscurl

Posts : 232
Join date : 2010-04-24
Location : Florida

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DONT YOU HATE.......

Post by LadyMika on 17th January 2011, 9:21 pm

LaNatural wrote:Don't you hate it when people state that you aren't black enough just because you speak proper english.

I have been called an Oreo and also I've been told many times that I am the whitest black girl my friends have ever met.

I state that it's because I have expanded my taste in music, movies, tv and everything else. People need to get off this stereotyping of their own race or stop complaining.

I had my life threatened in school because of ignorant shit like this! I'm not even going to get started.

On a side note: Don't you hate it when people give you the side-eye when you talk about eating healthy or going vegan? Seriously: not everyone wants to live and die on the Bodega Diet or spend an lifetime eating McDonald's or Wendy's or insert fast food joint of choice HERE. Suspect
avatar
LadyMika

Posts : 1415
Join date : 2010-01-18
Age : 34
Location : Woodside, NY

View user profile http://metalkink.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Re: DONT YOU HATE.......

Post by DvaAuNaturel on 22nd January 2011, 12:03 am

Don't you hate when people take an opposite position or are argumentative just to start some ish, just to be difficult or argumentative?

Say your peace, state your position, or make your point and move it. Get a life....geesh. Rolling Eyes Stop the on and on and on and on about it.
avatar
DvaAuNaturel

Posts : 2425
Join date : 2010-01-31
Location : Maryland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DONT YOU HATE.......

Post by amyleia on 23rd January 2011, 7:51 pm

Don't you just hate when you have that annoying ringing sound in your ear after spending the night in a club.
avatar
amyleia

Posts : 55
Join date : 2010-05-22
Age : 24
Location : Barbados

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DONT YOU HATE.......

Post by aprilj90 on 23rd January 2011, 8:54 pm

LaNatural wrote:Don't you hate it when people state that you aren't black enough just because you speak proper english.

I have been called an Oreo and also I've been told many times that I am the whitest black girl my friends have ever met.

I state that it's because I have expanded my taste in music, movies, tv and everything else. People need to get off this stereotyping of their own race or stop complaining.

You speak the truth!! I hate that lol
avatar
aprilj90

Posts : 151
Join date : 2010-02-21
Age : 27
Location : Baton Rouge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DONT YOU HATE.......

Post by songbird on 23rd January 2011, 9:34 pm

LadyMika wrote:
LaNatural wrote:Don't you hate it when people state that you aren't black enough just because you speak proper english.

I have been called an Oreo and also I've been told many times that I am the whitest black girl my friends have ever met.

I state that it's because I have expanded my taste in music, movies, tv and everything else. People need to get off this stereotyping of their own race or stop complaining.

I had my life threatened in school because of ignorant shit like this! I'm not even going to get started.

On a side note: Don't you hate it when people give you the side-eye when you talk about eating healthy or going vegan? Seriously: not everyone wants to live and die on the Bodega Diet or spend an lifetime eating McDonald's or Wendy's or insert fast food joint of choice HERE. Suspect

I hate both of these! I am not an "Oreo". I am not "trying to be white". I am just me and let's leave it at that.

Also, please don't look at me like I'm speaking Martian when I tell you I am a vegetarian and have been one for over 5 years. I've had people "joke" about sneaking meat into my food. How is that even funny? Mad
avatar
songbird

Posts : 129
Join date : 2010-05-06
Age : 26
Location : Miramar, FL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DONT YOU HATE.......

Post by aprilj90 on 24th January 2011, 1:35 pm

Don't you hate how your ears start to throb after you've gone for a run in the cold? It's menial and painful at the same darn time Mad
avatar
aprilj90

Posts : 151
Join date : 2010-02-21
Age : 27
Location : Baton Rouge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DONT YOU HATE.......

Post by BajanPrincess82 on 24th January 2011, 2:55 pm

songbird wrote:
LadyMika wrote:
LaNatural wrote:Don't you hate it when people state that you aren't black enough just because you speak proper english.

I have been called an Oreo and also I've been told many times that I am the whitest black girl my friends have ever met.

I state that it's because I have expanded my taste in music, movies, tv and everything else. People need to get off this stereotyping of their own race or stop complaining.

I had my life threatened in school because of ignorant shit like this! I'm not even going to get started.

On a side note: Don't you hate it when people give you the side-eye when you talk about eating healthy or going vegan? Seriously: not everyone wants to live and die on the Bodega Diet or spend an lifetime eating McDonald's or Wendy's or insert fast food joint of choice HERE. Suspect

I hate both of these! I am not an "Oreo". I am not "trying to be white". I am just me and let's leave it at that.

Also, please don't look at me like I'm speaking Martian when I tell you I am a vegetarian and have been one for over 5 years. I've had people "joke" about sneaking meat into my food. How is that even funny? Mad
I feel you on this one ladies! I got the "you want to be white" thing when I was in middle-high school, but never as an adult.

When I tell people I don't eat meat (only fish, and no shellfish or catfish) they act like that's the craziest thing they ever heard. I've had (black) people say "You don't eat chicken? Are you black?", "How can you not eat meat" (very easily actually), "There's meat in that!" right as I'm taking a bite out of something (BTW, I inspect everything I'm eat and I'm very careful about what goes into my mouth so there's no way I'd ever just blindly bite into something and then get a "suprise"). more recently I've heard "You don't eat meat! You are living in the wrong state (TX)"!
avatar
BajanPrincess82

Posts : 910
Join date : 2009-10-25
Age : 35
Location : Houston, TX

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DONT YOU HATE.......

Post by Just Ashley on 24th January 2011, 5:23 pm

BajanPrincess82 wrote:
songbird wrote:
LadyMika wrote:
LaNatural wrote:Don't you hate it when people state that you aren't black enough just because you speak proper english.

I have been called an Oreo and also I've been told many times that I am the whitest black girl my friends have ever met.

I state that it's because I have expanded my taste in music, movies, tv and everything else. People need to get off this stereotyping of their own race or stop complaining.

I had my life threatened in school because of ignorant shit like this! I'm not even going to get started.

On a side note: Don't you hate it when people give you the side-eye when you talk about eating healthy or going vegan? Seriously: not everyone wants to live and die on the Bodega Diet or spend an lifetime eating McDonald's or Wendy's or insert fast food joint of choice HERE. Suspect

I hate both of these! I am not an "Oreo". I am not "trying to be white". I am just me and let's leave it at that.

Also, please don't look at me like I'm speaking Martian when I tell you I am a vegetarian and have been one for over 5 years. I've had people "joke" about sneaking meat into my food. How is that even funny? Mad
I feel you on this one ladies! I got the "you want to be white" thing when I was in middle-high school, but never as an adult.

When I tell people I don't eat meat (only fish, and no shellfish or catfish) they act like that's the craziest thing they ever heard. I've had (black) people say "You don't eat chicken? Are you black?", "How can you not eat meat" (very easily actually), "There's meat in that!" right as I'm taking a bite out of something (BTW, I inspect everything I'm eat and I'm very careful about what goes into my mouth so there's no way I'd ever just blindly bite into something and then get a "suprise"). more recently I've heard "You don't eat meat! You are living in the wrong state (TX)"!

OMG Y'all took the words out of my mouth. I still get the whole you are the whitest black girl I've ever known. Sometimes I wish people would get out of that mindset.
avatar
Just Ashley

Posts : 47
Join date : 2011-01-04
Age : 28
Location : Tuscaloosa

View user profile http://public.fotki.com/ashleyforachange/

Back to top Go down

Re: DONT YOU HATE.......

Post by NaturalG.R.I.T.S. on 30th January 2011, 4:18 pm

Don't you hate when other naturals put your journey down in order to make them feel better about themselves.

(Ugh I have friends that do this..being the newest natural they treat me like I'm crazy or something for doing all this research and trying to have the healthiest hair possible. Even had one say last night..."girl, you mst think your cute, look at you trying to catch up with me...Imma make sure you don't pass me." **me thinking to myself, you keep strippin ur hair by bleaching it and not taking care of it, and you just watch me missy, sorry rant over....just tired of the backhanded compliments, goes to DC hair, LOL)
avatar
NaturalG.R.I.T.S.

Posts : 46
Join date : 2011-01-12
Age : 35
Location : Charleston, SC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DONT YOU HATE.......

Post by NeeC1 on 22nd February 2011, 3:51 pm

OMG @ everyone! I am literally sitting at my desk rollin' and can't even begin to explain to my coworkers why I'm laughing/crying!! Laughing But ... I got one!!

Don't you hate it when you KNOW your hair is not on point (due to transitioning & the 2 textures, especially if it's really short), but people still feel the need to say, "It's not THAT bad ..." Yes it is! I know this!! And the fact that you decided to throw "bad" in there tells me that 1/4 bad, 1/2 bad, and a whole bad is STILL bad! Get a job and mind ya bizness!! (LOL)

~NeeC1
avatar
NeeC1

Posts : 112
Join date : 2011-02-01
Age : 37
Location : San Antonio, TX

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DONT YOU HATE.......

Post by yldthng on 22nd February 2011, 4:08 pm

Don't you hate people who can't stay in their lane.

Stay in YOUR lane and stop swerving.

In other words, handle YOUR business, I got mine.
avatar
yldthng

Posts : 201
Join date : 2011-02-10
Age : 52
Location : Virginia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: DONT YOU HATE.......

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum