Back to Natural and Need Help!!!

Go down

Back to Natural and Need Help!!!

Post by ti4782 on 18th October 2010, 3:16 pm

Hello Ladies,
My dd is 10 and has had a relaxer since she was about 6. When her hair was natural it was big and beautiful with a very nice curl pattern. My issue was patience. Now , i know better. Sice being relaxed her hair has never been the same length. Now she wants to go natural ( and enjoy her curls that she sees in old pics that I have). My question is where do I start. She hasnt had a relaxer since May and has about 3 inches of new growth and her edges are very short. What are the best options? She wants to cut is all off but I am afraid it will make her look to grown up. Someone please help!!!

ti4782

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Back to Natural and Need Help!!!

Post by laleepop14 on 20th October 2010, 1:07 pm

I would suggest if she wants to cut it off then let her. It is the fastest and best way to learn how to care for her hair from the beginning in my opinion. If that isn't really a feasible option then I would suggest some extensions for a while until it grows out or maybe even doing braid outs or twists out bantu knots/bantu knot outs. There are alot of styles to help her in this journey without Big Chopping right away. Glad to see she is excited about this journey!!!

But the good thing is that she is ready to cut it off and get the journey going.

Last edited by laleepop14 on 20th October 2010, 1:08 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added comment)
laleepop14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MommyJ on 21st October 2010, 12:39 pm

i agree!!
MommyJ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ti4782 on 21st October 2010, 2:54 pm

Mommy J the profile pic of your little one is beautiful!!! Now can you ladies suggest some products??? Her hair just sucks up any type of product. I dont want it to look dry. HELP. And thanks again

ti4782

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 on 26th October 2010, 9:16 am

Congrats to you and your daughter for making this journey! A few simple and inexpensive products to get you started would be Suave Daily Clarifying Shampoo, Suave Tropical Coconut conditioner or HE Hello Hydration conditioner (cowash, leave-in), BB Oil Moisturizer Lotion (moisturizer), and coconut oil (sealant). I used this simple regimen on my daughter's hair and it worked perfectly! Good luck to you.

LaToya28

View user profile http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

Post by kekesmum on 26th October 2010, 7:47 pm

I'm a big fan of the Curls products. I use their Curly Q's shampoo, conditioner, and moisturizer detangler for my daughter. Her hair gets very dry so I use the Whipped Cream from their adult line and the Hair Tea deep conditioner. And I love what coconut oil does as a sealant.

kekesmum

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum