CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Henna Newbie

4 posters

Go down

Henna Newbie Empty Henna Newbie

Post by cassanova1974 16th October 2010, 12:54 am

Hello Everyone,

I want to try Henna but I don't know where to start. My hair is black, I like it so I do not want the color change, just the conditioning effects. Any suggestions? Should I just do the Henna Gloss
cassanova1974
cassanova1974

Back to top Go down

Henna Newbie Empty Re: Henna Newbie

Post by Shrinkage 16th October 2010, 1:04 am

Henna really only gives you a tint in the sun if your hair is black. My hair is black and I see a pretty red hue in the sun or direct light only. But everyone's experience is highly variable. So even a gloss will not guarantee a color-free experience.

Maybe consider doing cassia, it gives the same conditioning/strengthening effects of henna without any worry of changing the color of dark hair.
Shrinkage
Shrinkage

Back to top Go down

Post by cassanova1974 16th October 2010, 1:07 am

Ok Thanks Shrinkage, I have never heard of Cassia, and it sounds exactly like what I'm looking for. Where do i buy it?
cassanova1974
cassanova1974

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrinkage 16th October 2010, 11:59 am

You can buy from http://www.ayurnaturalbeauty.com/. This site sells all types of ayurvedic herbs/oils.

You can also use the search option on here to find more info about cassia or just google it.

HTH
Shrinkage
Shrinkage

Back to top Go down

Post by cassanova1974 16th October 2010, 10:37 pm

Fabulous!! Thanks ,Shrinkage...
cassanova1974
cassanova1974

Back to top Go down

Post by asavoy 17th October 2010, 1:19 pm

@cassanova1974.... i did my fist henna application on friday and my hair is black too and i didnt want the major color change either but it actually looks great and shiny.... as Shrinage said u really can only see a tint of the auburn/brownish red color in the right lighting, although my 3 gray hairs are a beautiful red orange... i think the subtle color change is worth the great conditioning effects..

asavoy

Back to top Go down

Post by cassanova1974 17th October 2010, 2:54 pm

Asavoy,

Thank you so much for the reply. Do you know the name of the type of Henna you used? Ive read that Jamila is good (and Curly Nikki uses it). How long did you keep it in? Overnight? Did you condition with heat afterwards?
cassanova1974
cassanova1974

Back to top Go down

Post by asavoy 17th October 2010, 6:24 pm

I used Jamila Henna and i ordered it off Amazon.com for $7.29 I kept in overnite and i did the Henna gloss application off CN website. i mixed with Pantene ProV condition left it in from 8pm til about 9am and then i deep conditioned with HE Hello Hydration for about 2 hours, 30 of those mins under the dryer, me and the dryer are not the best of friends...lol.. after i oiled with some tea tree carrot oil mix and straighted my hair... it feels and looks great. i was a little skeptic afer hearing people say that they immediately noticed a difference but there is definitely less hair coming out in my comb, hardly any to tell you the truth and for some reason i shed a lot in the fall/winter... i will continue to henna once a month...

asavoy

Back to top Go down

Post by cassanova1974 18th October 2010, 2:18 pm

Thank you for the details. I am gonna try it next week after I receive the Henna. I think I will do the Indigo process right after. Do you know anything about Indigo?
cassanova1974
cassanova1974

Back to top Go down

Post by asavoy 18th October 2010, 4:01 pm

No I dont know anything about the Indigo, but a co worker of mine said that she used to do the Henna Indigo back in the day and she actually is going to start back doing it.. I will get the details shortly and let you know what she says.

asavoy

Back to top Go down

Post by NappturalQueen 23rd October 2010, 7:40 pm

I mixed my first Henna tratment today and I am sooooooo excited and anxious. I only used Honey, Grean Tea (3 tea bags) and the Henna. I recently did the BC, so my hai is short and had left overs with only using one box of Henna. Not sure what the color will look like even though I know it does not lighten the hair. I hope it really, really helps with the texture and conditioning. I think I am a 4b as I have ver small s'....... Wish me a henna-riffic first experience...

NappturalQueen

Back to top Go down

Post by cassanova1974 24th October 2010, 12:19 am

Hi NappturalQueen,

Where did you order your henna? I am interested to know what your results are... Good Luck!!!
cassanova1974
cassanova1974

Back to top Go down

Post by NappturalQueen 24th October 2010, 9:45 pm

I think it turned out very well consideing I only left it on for about three hours. I was toooooo anxious and kept peeking at it. It was an interesting adventure to say the least. Next time I will leave it on overnight and use more honey and perhaps some other yummy ingredients. I bought my Henna from a local Indian store. It was not Jamila Henna, the brand was Dulhan which was sifted very well and not difficult to wash out. It did have a date on the box.....

I must be hones though because I thought I had washed it all out and when I put my DC in I could see see a redish/orange color.

Results: Hair was softer with shine and I only let it on for about three hours.

NappturalQueen

Back to top Go down

Post by cassanova1974 27th October 2010, 12:54 am

NappturalQueen,

How many boxes did you use? My hair is super thick and past shoulder length..
cassanova1974
cassanova1974

Back to top Go down

Post by asavoy 27th October 2010, 12:16 pm

@Napptural Queen... Yes I am still getting the reddish orange color when I co wash my hair and I did my Henna treatment 3 weeks ago, but according to the previous henna responses that is expected...

@cassanova1974, my hair is below my shoulder but not quite arm pit length and I thought one box was not going to be enough but it was plenty, i had a good amount left over, then again i did the henna gloss so i added green tea and conditioner which increased the amount of product...

asavoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down