CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

help please?

4 posters

Go down

help please? Empty help please?

Post by Olivia 26th October 2009, 3:16 pm

Hey,
I've been natural all of my 19 years, but am now starting to take an interest in how to look after my hair and what to put in it.
Is there any advice someone could give about what would be good for my hair(maybe 3c/4a) and products that would help with the length?

I'm from London, UK so also if you know of shops that stock them, and not so much buying online.

Thanks =)

Olivia

Back to top Go down

help please? Empty Re: help please?

Post by krenea 26th October 2009, 3:31 pm

Hi Olivia,

What condition is your hair is right now? Does it need moisture? If so, deep condition very well, then maintain your ideal moisture level by washing your hair as often as possible with conditioner, then leave-in a water-based conditioner such as Giovanni Direct Leave In. I think that Giovanni is sold world-wide. Does your hair seem coarse and wirey? You may need a really good protein treatment. A mayonnaise/avocado combo could possibly do the trick for you here. In order to achieve length, you must avoid split ends and keep your hair well moisturized and in protective styles. Let us know more and maybe others can add to what they've learned or know.
krenea
krenea

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 26th October 2009, 4:00 pm

I've been there. Natural for a long time and not really putting any effort to care for my hair. I found out what to use through trial and error. But the condtion of your hair will have a lot to do in regards to how you need to start taking care of it.
The products I have the most success with are:
Shea Butter
Coconut Oil
Suave Conditioners & Shampoos
Olive Oil
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 26th October 2009, 5:21 pm

if you can post a pic of your hair then i think it would make it easier for people to recommend product/regimes.
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by krenea 26th October 2009, 5:28 pm

Agreeing with Dajewel (love that name!). If we could see a picture, then maybe we could offer a bit more advice. My avatar to the left there obviously just shows my hair and not my face, so if you're shy like me, then you can just give us a shot of your hair only. By the way, this weekend marks month 3 after my BC, so I will post a new picture then to show my growth! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
krenea
krenea

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 26th October 2009, 5:41 pm

thanks, krenea!!!! am looking forward to see your new picture!!! natural is so cool!!!

what does your screen name mean? my screen name is a homage to my country: Belize. Belize is known to be the jewel (secret) of the Caribbean.
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum