CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Henna with eggs and olive oil? my story.

+16
CarlaAR
joneeron
naturalchic
atangledmess
Nikkia_19
misskris
Ebcenia
CA*Nappy
Choctaw
MommaV
raina
freckledmom4
BattleKat
envizionj
tiashaunteé
curlyjannah
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Henna with eggs and olive oil? my story. Empty Henna with eggs and olive oil? my story.

Post by curlyjannah 14th October 2010, 3:41 pm

Ok, so my neighbours are from Saudi arabia and while they invited me for dinner one night, i couldn't help but notice their hair. It was so sleek, shiny and strong! it looked fake, like a good expensive weave. so i asked the mother what they put in their hair to get it that way and to my shock she said henna! i was like what? i know all about henna i thought from this forum, didnt even know that people with 'straight' hair used it too. I have type 2c, 3a hair and its' so dull and NOT shiny and very weak which is I believe the result of constantly playing with it. So she offered and adviced me to get henna on my hair and the next day dropped off henna ALREADY mixed. I swear it is enough for 20 people. I still have it in my fridge. I hennad 2 nights ago and my hair feels stronger already and the dandruff is GONE. ALL GONE! I slept in the henna and in the morning it took me forever to wash the stuff out. I must say i don't like the smell. I used so much conditioner to wash it out, and my hair still smells. Thank god hubbys nose is stuffed up, thats how i knew i gotta hurry up and get hennad before he can smell again lol. the color? ehh, nothing to write home about. not a fan of the redish in the light but healthy hair is more important. oh and it did loosen my curl too. which is fine with me.

I bought some deep cleansing tresseme shampoo and conditioner and will use it again tonight to wash again. everytime i shampoo color is still coming out. is that normal?

also, she did tell me that she put eggs in the mix with olive oil. has anyone heard of something like that? I guess i trust her, she said this has been done for decades and looking at her daughters hair i can see that it works??? hmm.

she gave me like a gallon of extra virgin olive oil that she had frozen in the freezer, this oil is not like the average evoo and said that i should oil my hair for a few hours a day after i henna.

just wanted to share my story. oh, btw, my hands are a disgusting orange color. i didn't have gloves.

one more question, how long is the henna good for. i would feel so bad if it goes bad in the fridge, remember there is EGG in there! Can i freeze it?

curlyjannah

Back to top Go down

Henna with eggs and olive oil? my story. Empty Re: Henna with eggs and olive oil? my story.

Post by tiashaunteé 14th October 2010, 5:52 pm

You should be able to freeze, check with your neighbor and see how she normally stores the left over mix.

As for the color on your hands - that should fade over time. Try some lemon juice, it's good for various discolorations. For the color still coming out of your hair, that is an indication that it may not have rinsed well out of your hair. When I henna I let the water run throw my hair first (no touching) just to soften the mix and make it more runny in my hair. Once my hair is completely soaked, then I start rinsing with my hair. I have found that when I think I have rinsed enough, that is when I should start rinsing.

I hope this helps some
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Henna with eggs and olive oil? my story. Empty Re: Henna with eggs and olive oil? my story.

Post by envizionj 14th October 2010, 6:22 pm

I agree with TiaShauntee with you still having henna in your hair. sunny

You may freeze any left over henna mixes as long is it does not have indigo in it.

When I am ready to rinse out the henna, I do the following:

1) Put on my gloves and rinse out the henna with plain warm water standing in the shower
2) Massage a cheap conditioner in my hair (usually VO5 brand) and rinse
3) Apply shampoo (usually Suave for dry hair), massage and rinse
4) See step 2
5) Towel blot hair
6) Apply Aussie moisturizing conditioner and put on my heating caps for about 1 hour
7) Rinse out and towel blot hair
3) Style using my shea butter ayurvedic mix (usually flat twists or twist-outs)
flower
envizionj
envizionj

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 14th October 2010, 6:31 pm

@envizionj: that is very close to my routine. I don't use gloves because I can't function in them and I shampoo before applying the henna.

What is your shea butter ayurvedic mix?
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by curlyjannah 15th October 2010, 2:16 am

thanks tia and envision for the tips. I'll go scrub my hands with lemon right now Smile
great that i can freeze it too.

curlyjannah

Back to top Go down

Post by BattleKat 16th October 2010, 2:14 am

I am going to add EVOO to my henna mix next time I henna. My hair really doesn't like alot of protein so I think Iwill leave the eggs out.
BattleKat
BattleKat

Back to top Go down

Post by curlyjannah 16th October 2010, 3:04 am

I have to share this. I was slowly going into a depression because for the past 3 months my hair was falling out like crazy. Every time i shampood or cowashed it would just come out. I thought maybe it's because of the environment change, we moved to a new city that has a whole different climate. very humid. so i thought it had to do with that. I wasn't stressed tho from the move, i left that for my husband. lol.
I was afraid of brushing my hair everytime because of all the hair i would see on the brush. since i hennad though, there is NOTHING falling out anymore! How is this possible? and my scalp has never felt so clean. My scalp before used to feel umm, moist lol. nasty even though i washed every other day or 3 days. no matter what shampoo i used i had dandruff, but moist dandruff. disgusting thinking about it. sorry guys for the visuals. but i just want to know how come both the hair fall and the dandruff just stopped. just from using henna one time???
hey i'm not complaining lol. jus wondering.

curlyjannah

Back to top Go down

Post by envizionj 17th October 2010, 11:52 pm

tiashaunteé wrote:@envizionj: that is very close to my routine. I don't use gloves because I can't function in them and I shampoo before applying the henna.

What is your shea butter ayurvedic mix?
Tiashauntee, I shampoo first then apply henna also. sunny Don't your hands turn orange from the henna? Shocked

My ayurvedic mix consists of organic shea butter (beige in color), Nutiva Coconut oil, Black Jamaican Castor oil, Extra virgin olive oil, Sweet Almond Oil, Hesh Amla powder, and Hesh Maka powder.

I take a small 4 oz jar and pour in the coconut oil a little past the middle mark. Then I add about a tablespoon each of the other oils. I then add a teaspoon each of the Amla powder and Maka powder. I mix it with a plastic spoon. I then shake up the mix and leave it to release its potency. I will store it in a drawer or dark place. This mix will last me about 3-4 months since I wash my hair weekly. It's like making my own batch of Amla and Maka oil, but I use a coconut base instead of sesame oil.

When I'm ready to make another shea butter mix, I pour some of the ayurvedic mix -- about 2 tablespoons in a plastic container that has about a handful of shea butter already in it, and then stir with a plastic knife mixing until the shea butter and the oils blend well making the mixture creamy. Then I take a dollop and style each section of my hair with flat twists or 2 strand twist outs.
flower
envizionj
envizionj

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 18th October 2010, 9:59 am

envizionj wrote:Tiashauntee, I shampoo first then apply henna also. sunny Don't your hands turn orange from the henna? Shocked

Nope, not at all. I don't know what it is that I am doing but even when I dye my hair with no gloves the color does not stain my hands. The henna didn't even leave color on my nails.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by curlyjannah 18th October 2010, 6:16 pm

tiashaunteé wrote:
envizionj wrote:Tiashauntee, I shampoo first then apply henna also. sunny Don't your hands turn orange from the henna? Shocked

Nope, not at all. I don't know what it is that I am doing but even when I dye my hair with no gloves the color does not stain my hands. The henna didn't even leave color on my nails.

Shocked huh???

curlyjannah

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 18th October 2010, 11:10 pm

@curlyjannah- henna has that effect. Before I started henna'ing my scalp used to itch like crazy in the same spot. After one henna-it stopped. Now I know whenever I get the itchies, its time to henna-lol. Glad you are loving the experience.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by raina 18th October 2010, 11:34 pm

Thanks for sharing! I am going to try an egg in my henna mix next time.Henna tx are good for the scalp because it has antifungal properties and promotes a healthy scalp.
raina
raina

Back to top Go down

Post by MommaV 20th October 2010, 12:00 am

I did my first henna treatment yesterday. I mixed it with Green Tea, honey, EVOO,100% jojoba, and an egg. My husband helped me wash it out!! But what I need to know is how often should you use henna? How do I know if the Co that I am using has protein in it?? Last night I used my Bioinfusion deep co treatment Crying or Very sad it's like 10 bucks a jar! But I wasn't sure which one to use (Yes to Carrots, Pantene Curly, Relaxed and Naturals, Fructis sleek n shine). How do I know??

MommaV

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 21st October 2010, 4:36 pm

The ingredient list should tell you if the condish has protein in it (wheat, soy, amino acids etc.). Some people henna every week, but most 1-2x/month. It just depends on how your hair reacts to it.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by MommaV 22nd October 2010, 10:37 pm

freckledmom4 wrote:The ingredient list should tell you if the condish has protein in it (wheat, soy, amino acids etc.). Some people henna every week, but most 1-2x/month. It just depends on how your hair reacts to it.

THANK YOU!!! My head was about to blow off of my shoulders trying to figure out what had protein in it and what didn't. I mean it would help if I weren't such a product junkie as well. My hair feels pretty good and it looked great the next day too! I think I'll just do it twice a month though. Thanks again for the info! Very Happy

MommaV

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 23rd October 2010, 8:05 pm

You are welcome! Very Happy
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by Choctaw 28th October 2010, 4:57 pm

MommaV wrote:I did my first henna treatment yesterday. I mixed it with Green Tea, honey, EVOO,100% jojoba, and an egg. My husband helped me wash it out!! But what I need to know is how often should you use henna? How do I know if the Co that I am using has protein in it?? Last night I used my Bioinfusion deep co treatment Crying or Very sad it's like 10 bucks a jar! But I wasn't sure which one to use (Yes to Carrots, Pantene Curly, Relaxed and Naturals, Fructis sleek n shine). How do I know??

Did your henna wash out easily? Are you happy with the results?

Choctaw

Back to top Go down

Post by MommaV 29th October 2010, 11:10 pm

Choctaw wrote:
MommaV wrote:I did my first henna treatment yesterday. I mixed it with Green Tea, honey, EVOO,100% jojoba, and an egg. My husband helped me wash it out!! But what I need to know is how often should you use henna? How do I know if the Co that I am using has protein in it?? Last night I used my Bioinfusion deep co treatment Crying or Very sad it's like 10 bucks a jar! But I wasn't sure which one to use (Yes to Carrots, Pantene Curly, Relaxed and Naturals, Fructis sleek n shine). How do I know??

Did your henna wash out easily? Are you happy with the results?

I was VERY happy with the results! The henna was not easy to wash out though and the green tea dirtish smell still lingered the next day, but I did a deep conditioner and it was fine. I am doing my second treatment tomorrow, and I will defiantly deep condition (not a protein conditioner) right after I get done with it.

MommaV

Back to top Go down

Post by CA*Nappy 2nd November 2010, 1:36 am

I put an egg for the first time in my henna treatment yesterday and I think my hair liked it. Definitely a keeper!

CA*Nappy

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 2nd November 2010, 11:46 am

I bought some Karishma Herbal Henna and the directions on the back say to add an egg-can't wait to try!
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by Choctaw 18th November 2010, 4:07 am

I did a henna with egg yesterday and it was super easy to wash out. I also used 3 tablespoons raw honey instead of usual 1 to 2 tablespoons. My hair was pre-oiled. I will try this again Very Happy

Choctaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebcenia 18th November 2010, 12:08 pm

Im going to do my 2nd Henna treatment tomorrow night. My 1st treatment i just added green tea and honey. After reading about your neighbor adding egga to it, im going to most def try that one with some EVOO. Im excited so after i wash it out i will def share my results with you guys! Laughing
Ebcenia
Ebcenia

Back to top Go down

Post by Choctaw 4th December 2010, 2:46 pm

I just did an ayurvedic paste with amla, neem, maka, brahmi mixed with a beaten egg, olive oil and honey. The paste rinsed out easily under shower and I co-washed once with shower comb to detangle, second time with dernman brush to complete detangling. Hair is silky Smile

Choctaw

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 4th December 2010, 3:23 pm

I read on www.buttersnbars.com (where I bought my henna from) and heard from others on here that oil will weaken the henna's ability to color. So if you are using henna to color your hair, don't use any oils in it.
misskris
misskris

http://www.earthdust.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CA*Nappy 4th December 2010, 3:26 pm

I usually do my henna once a month on or near the 1st of each month. But the front is showing the grays in 15 days. I love the results adding an egg to the mixture.

Do you think I can add an egg each time if done twice a month?

CA*Nappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next