CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Good" Henna?

4 posters

Go down

"Good" Henna? Empty "Good" Henna?

Post by asavoy 14th October 2010, 2:45 pm

Ok so I am going to try my first Henna session this weekend. I was so excited to find Jamila Henna on Amazon.com and since I am a student I get free shipping and the whole sha-bang. Anyway, I am kind of weary now because when I opened the Amazon box and looked at the Henna, there is not a date on the bottom. I went back to Curly Nikki Henna archives I remember her mentioning to check for a date on the bottom and all the other posts about "fake" Hennas. The Henna reviews on Amazon are great but I am one who likes everything to be consistent. Has anyone tried the Jamila Henna from Amazon? Am I overreacting?

Thanks

asavoy

Back to top Go down

"Good" Henna? Empty Re: "Good" Henna?

Post by jlowman1 14th October 2010, 5:03 pm

I've tried Jamila Henna several times. The Jamila henna with the date stamp is a really fine sift (BAQ). It's suppose to be the best of the best. This was the first kind of henna I used. I got really great results and the prettiest red color from it. The next time I hennaed, I ordered a kilo of henna and it was the Jamila without the date stamp. The henna is not as finely sifted as the one with the date stamp(BAQ) but the Jamila brand is all pure henna with no added chemicals so you should be fine. Its not lumpy or anything and to tell you the truth I really didnt notice a difference other than the fact it came in a plastic package instead of the foil pack like the one with the date stamp... Happy hennaing! Very Happy
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by asavoy 15th October 2010, 9:39 am

Thank you so much... I cant wait til I get home to Henna Wink

asavoy

Back to top Go down

"Good" Henna? Empty Don't worry

Post by aBailey 15th October 2010, 5:50 pm

I just bought jamila henna and applied it this week. I was hesitant as well for several reasons; I only paid $1.99 for my 100g box, there was so expiration date, the package wasn't foil, and the henna powder was a ashy tan color... Not the slight green color I used with my none brand henna. I say all this to say don't worry! My application came out great! The Jamila was easy to rinse, no funky twigs or grit, the color was great, my hair was soft even before I shampoo'd and DT. And oddly enough it didn't stain my hands when my glove ripped or my bathroom and tshirt.
aBailey
aBailey

Back to top Go down

Post by Estiscurls 16th October 2010, 5:00 am

Don't buy into the hype. The date stamp issue is usually promoted by online stores to make you think you are buying "quality" henna. Unfortunately, many women believe it and that paying more for a date stamp makes their henna better when in fact it's the very same henna sold in the local stores.

I'm thinking about selling henna online and asked my vendor if he can date stamp it for me and he asked why. I told him it makes folks think it's fresher and more sifted, etc. He said sure, no problem.

BTW - I have never purchased henna that has twigs in it but I guess I'll say in my description "no twigs." That's like saying "no rocks" and knowing that rocks are never in henna. Marketing is very powerful.
Estiscurls
Estiscurls

Back to top Go down

Post by asavoy 17th October 2010, 1:09 pm

@aBailey, I did the Henna application and it came out great, I must admit that the whole time I was thinking what if I go to rinse and all my hair falls out...lol! crazy thinking, I know...

@Estiscurls, my henna didnt have any twigs or rocks in it and i felt better after opening it, thanks, so now i know it doesnt have to have a date stamp on it

asavoy

Back to top Go down

Post by aBailey 17th October 2010, 7:47 pm

I'm so glad it came out well! If I could henna every 2 weeks I would, make sure to deep condition. Def try cassia in between henna's it gives the shine and strength without color
aBailey
aBailey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down