CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

**NEVADA**

2 posters

Go down

**NEVADA** Empty **NEVADA**

Post by creativecurly 10th October 2010, 11:32 pm

Anyone?
creativecurly
creativecurly

Back to top Go down

**NEVADA** Empty Re: **NEVADA**

Post by Butterfly125 28th October 2010, 2:25 pm

Hi, I'm looking for a natural hair salon in Vegas as well. They're really difficult to pin down. I'm going to check out this place on Saturday next door to my son's tutoring place. I see a lot of people going in and out, but I've never been inside before. I'll post if it's the place we're looking for. Also, my regular hairdresser might know someone. I see her tomorrow for my very first cut toward transitioning.
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by creativecurly 28th October 2010, 9:58 pm

Thank you! Congratulations on going natural. How long have you been transitioning?
creativecurly
creativecurly

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 28th October 2010, 11:16 pm

Hey, creativecurly! Thanks. I've been transitioning for 3 months. Although, I have to admit, it wasn't intentionally. It was time for yet another touch-up, and I decided that I would braid my hair instead (my avatar pic), by the time I took the braids out, I had decided I would not relax my hair anymore no matter what, and I found CN...so glad I did. What's your story? Did you BC?
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by creativecurly 29th October 2010, 12:35 am

No, I just shaved my head. I tried to transition but I ended up running back to the creamy crack like a true addict. After a year of growing my hair, I put a texturizer on my hair and immediately regretted it. Again, I shaved my head and it's been 1.6 years of natural hair.
creativecurly
creativecurly

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 29th October 2010, 12:55 am

LOL!!! I can't believe you shaved your head! That's sooo cool. Well, you're hair looks really nice now and great length. I hope mine grows as well.
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 30th October 2010, 6:15 pm

Okay, creativecurly (and any other Nevadans out there), as I drove up to my son's tutoring place this morning, I noticed that the first thing listed on the salon's list of services offered was "relaxers and perms." No need for me to even go in there...lol. My hairstylist did give me the name of a girl she used to work with that does natural styles at her salon on Decatur and the 215 in the Cosco shopping center. I plan on going to her at some point. I'll let you know Smile
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by creativecurly 30th October 2010, 6:41 pm

Wow! Thanks for the update HelloMe. I look forward to hearing from you. We can't be the only two natural people in Las Vegas. Where is everyone?
creativecurly
creativecurly

Back to top Go down

Post by creativecurly 30th October 2010, 6:51 pm

Helllo HelloMe,
I just received the name of a stylist on East Flamingo. I've never been to her, I scheduled a consultation so she understands ahead of time what I'm looking for in a stylist. She has natural hair which makes me hopeful. I will keep you posted.
creativecurly
creativecurly

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly125 30th October 2010, 7:08 pm

Ooooh, that sounds promising! Let me know.
Butterfly125
Butterfly125

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum