CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DvaAuNaturel

+40
kinksncurls
Prinsis
nattyblog
Renny
mstokes2008
NhappyJackie
DaButterflyBAP
LaToya28
Ms.Mai
summerbreeze76
CocoEuro
Intelligentbeauty
priceless
coilykinks
CocaColaCutie
wyldhoney
BlondeByDesire
MellowOne
CurlsGalore
AfrikanLatina
LadyMika
swoodward
EmbracingNaturalMe
cyclingchick
ChrsLvsBks
BajanPrincess82
CrissyQ
sweetdrk1
NylaCoils
WhosThatRedHead
NubieNatty
Hurricane Curly
DvaAuNaturel
bholmes87
TheRYL1
poeticlyspkng
KinkyNappyHappy
krazy coils
iri9109
Lynnieluve
44 posters

Page 2 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

DvaAuNaturel - Page 2 Empty Re: DvaAuNaturel

Post by DvaAuNaturel 4th September 2010, 1:36 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:OMG!!! DVA I LOVE IT!!! BAY-BEE, YOU ARE WORKING THAT CUT AND COLOR (yes I am typing in all caps to hopefully express my excitement) I SAW YOUR PIC ON MY THREAD AND RUSHED OVER HERE!!!

DID I SAY I LOVE IT!!!!! DvaAuNaturel - Page 2 Icon_bounce

That stylist hooked you up!!! I DvaAuNaturel - Page 2 Herz IT!!!

Let me go find NylaCoils so she can bring out Ru!!!

Lynnie, thanks a bunch! That means a lot coming from you....one of the many gurus on here. Very Happy
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 4th September 2010, 1:40 pm

YOU look AHHHMAZING. I saw your avatar on another thread and had to come over pronto. I read all the posts leading up to my reply. ITA with everyone here. Your color, cut & makeup are BANGING. I hope you will feel it more and more as the seconds, minutes, hours and days pass. YOU are BEAUTIFUL! Rock it don't stop it (corny but how I feel)!!!
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 4th September 2010, 1:43 pm

NubieNatty wrote:DVA Shocked giiiiiirl u are TRIPPIN!!! i seen ur avi after i posted on lynnie's thread and i was just staring like affraid i LOOOOOOOVE it and u just pretty much STAMPED my decision to BC again! i love the color and the cut. girl that shyt is straight FIYAH and perfect going into the fall. i seriously need to know who u went to becuz i wanna walk in there n say..."gimme dat dva" like no seriously...where did u go? inbox me the info! i am so mad u didnt like it but i cant blame u becuz i felt the same way wit my amber rose til i got used to it. even w/compliments u still feel like Neutral but TRUST me i'll give u a good week or 2 to appreciate its simplicity and low maintenance of it. when u have no hair/bangs to hide behind its like our "security" has been snatched away. but i friggin LOOOOOOVE IT!! u just dont know Very Happy and did u tint ur eyebrows too? **snaps** ahhhright!!

just think, starting fresh means u can re-do any mistakes u did before! HAPPY 6 MONTH ANNIVERSARY run

so proud of you wit the weight loss plan and everything...im sorry i cant concentrate cuz i keep scrolling back up to stare at ur pics (im so jelly right now) but guess what...im OFFICIALLY in the neighborhood now so i can see the bc up close n personal now. i still havent done my henna experience yet so maybe i cant get ur color OR Idea maybe i can n just use the henna as a gloss for a red color over time scratch

anyhoo...i'll be HOME Cool after work today to sit on my balcony n enjoy the breeze (and unpack too)!! its a nice day out, put on that makeup (which u dont need cuz ur skin is gorgeous) and enjoy the fall coming air as it whistles throughout ur scalp!

Hey Nubie,
Thanks so much. I appreciate that. I'm struggling with it and starting to come around to it. I don't really regret cutting it, I think it's just shocking because I've NEVER EVER worn my hair this short. But I'm going to just do me and rock it best I know how.

I'm heading out with a girlfriend who is in town and we are going to hit up some more makeup/accessories in Georgetown.

I went to Salon Revive on 9th & U Street. My stylist was Vonetta. She was great! Please tell her I sent you if you decide to go. From what she shared coloring is her thing so I know she will be glad to hook you up.

Are you seriously going to cut?! Your hair looks so good, just throw in some color.

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:OMGOODNESS!!!! I must co-sign with Nubie!! Dva you hair is beautiful!!! You have me over here really thinking about doing a big chop for real. I mean I really what to see what short cute curls could look like on me. I'm soo confused now!! confused

Do NOT be embrassed...you look beautiful. This style is very becoming on you and like Nubie said you DON'T need make up...you can rock this with lip gloss and mascara. I'm serious!!!

I love it Dva you go girl!!!! dance Now I'm not coming all the way up there to get my hair done, but if I lived near you I would really be trying to get to your stylist. Real Talk!!!!!!!!

KNH, thanks a lot! Embarassed

Don't cut Penny. No She looks so good. I was just commenting in your thread. But sometimes I know how it is when you want a change. I wanted this change bad even though I'm slowing getting used to it. I know, I'm a confusing mess. I'll be okay.

And you're right about the lip gloss and mascara. Sometimes less is more.

iri9109 wrote:omg i love it!!!! so are you gonna keep it like this for a while, or grow it out?

Hey Iri. Thank you! I plan to grow it out definitely and will keep it colored like this or something else down the line, if possible, for as long as I can. I'm looking forward to twisting and all the other stuff.

I learned alot in the first 6 mos. so I know a lot of things to do better/differently this time around.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 4th September 2010, 1:53 pm

DVA I love it!! I saw your avi and came right over here. The color is gorgeous with your skintone. There is no need to be embarrassed about the cut it looks gorgeous on you. Now since you bought some MAC you can come hang out in the makeup thread (lol)!
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 4th September 2010, 1:55 pm

krazy coils wrote:DVA I love it!! I saw your avi and came right over here. The color is gorgeous with your skintone. There is no need to be embarrassed about the cut it looks gorgeous on you. Now since you bought some MAC you can come hang out in the makeup thread (lol)!

Proceed with caution, lol. You will have a blast in there.
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by cyclingchick 4th September 2010, 2:50 pm

Girl, your hair looks fabulous. Great cut, color AND you got some candy from MAC?!? You are SET. LOL
cyclingchick
cyclingchick

Back to top Go down

Post by EmbracingNaturalMe 4th September 2010, 11:08 pm

Nice cut! Love the color! Looks great!
EmbracingNaturalMe
EmbracingNaturalMe

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Curly 5th September 2010, 11:19 am

DVA!!!!!

Your name is DVA for a reason. Your hair looks fabulous. I agree with everyone the cut and color look great. KNH is right on point. Lip gloss and mascara is enough but it you want to do more, rock it!!
Please don’t feel embarrassed but I totally understand that feeling. You had to change your hair plans. However changing plans happens to us all, I think you stumbled on a silver lining. GIRL YOU LOOK GOOD!!!
Hurricane Curly
Hurricane Curly

Back to top Go down

Post by swoodward 5th September 2010, 12:50 pm

You look so glamorous. I can't get over the makeover, you look amazing. It's funny how we think we can't pull something off, do it anyway and come off looking like we were born to rock a look. Not only is the color and style fresh, but I can see the weight loss. PLUS your skin looks gorgeous! A 100% success!

Enjoy it now 'cause you know in in 6 months it'll be at least 3 inches longer. Then you may even miss the simplicity!

A henna gloss could be an option - you know you can just drop a tablespoon in a DT mix and just leave it in for an hour. Henna is not indigo so you should be ok if you want to try it a year down the road. Still I heard cassia, shikkakai and amla are amazing conditioning treatments in and of themselves. Henna certainly isn't the only natural option. I plan on trying them myself soon.

I am so glad you you posted this story because it's been wonderful watching your transformation into this exciting, modern woman (sorry, there is no boy in that look!) You have great presence and are just wonderful to talk to. Thanks so much!!

Last edited by swoodward on 5th September 2010, 12:51 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammar)
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by swoodward 5th September 2010, 1:48 pm

whoa, I forgot to ask - let us know how your curls are affected. I think they will be looser.
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMika 5th September 2010, 2:02 pm

Dva, you look stunning. I saw your avi in another thread and was like "WOW!". Smile And KNH is right: lip gloss and mascara are all you need, add some nice earrings on top of it and BAM: instead Diva. Which you already are, but it just adds to your Diva-ness. afro
LadyMika
LadyMika

http://metalkink.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 5th September 2010, 2:16 pm

ChrsLvsBks wrote:YOU look AHHHMAZING. I saw your avatar on another thread and had to come over pronto. I read all the posts leading up to my reply. ITA with everyone here. Your color, cut & makeup are BANGING. I hope you will feel it more and more as the seconds, minutes, hours and days pass. YOU are BEAUTIFUL! Rock it don't stop it (corny but how I feel)!!!

Thanks Chrs! I appreciate that so much.

Now I'll be checking you out in the makeup thread so I can get some tips to step up my game to go with the new look.

krazy coils wrote:DVA I love it!! I saw your avi and came right over here. The color is gorgeous with your skintone. There is no need to be embarrassed about the cut it looks gorgeous on you. Now since you bought some MAC you can come hang out in the makeup thread (lol)!

I'm headed over to that thread for sure. Thanks alot!

cyclingchick wrote:Girl, your hair looks fabulous. Great cut, color AND you got some candy from MAC?!? You are SET. LOL

Thanks!

EmbracingNaturalMe wrote:Nice cut! Love the color! Looks great!

Thank you!

Hurricane Curly wrote:DVA!!!!!

Your name is DVA for a reason. Your hair looks fabulous. I agree with everyone the cut and color look great. KNH is right on point. Lip gloss and mascara is enough but it you want to do more, rock it!!
Please don’t feel embarrassed but I totally understand that feeling. You had to change your hair plans. However changing plans happens to us all, I think you stumbled on a silver lining. GIRL YOU LOOK GOOD!!!

Awww, thank you HurricaneCurly. Embarassed It's growing on me more and more. I just posted in Sweet's thread that one good thing is I won't need as much product. There's always an upside right. Very Happy

swoodward wrote:You look so glamorous. I can't get over the makeover, you look amazing. It's funny how we think we can't pull something off, do it anyway and come off looking like we were born to rock a look. Not only is the color and style fresh, but I can see the weight loss. PLUS your skin looks gorgeous! A 100% success!

Enjoy it now 'cause you know in in 6 months it'll be at least 3 inches longer. Then you may even miss the simplicity!

A henna gloss could be an option - you know you can just drop a tablespoon in a DT mix and just leave it in for an hour. Henna is not indigo so you should be ok if you want to try it a year down the road. Still I heard cassia, shikkakai and amla are amazing conditioning treatments in and of themselves. Henna certainly isn't the only natural option. I plan on trying them myself soon.

I am so glad you you posted this story because it's been wonderful watching your transformation into this exciting, modern woman (sorry, there is no boy in that look!) You have great presence and are just wonderful to talk to. Thanks so much!!

Hey Swood,

Thanks so much. I'm definitely a work in progress, learning to love the new look and the weight loss. It's so weird but this time around with my weight loss and fitness journey I am enjoying myself. It's not boring or a chore to do what's right for my body and overall wellness. I hope it stays that way. I'm just taking it one day at a time.

And I'll definitely be checking out some of the conditioning treatments you mentioned at some point. Thanks for the tips. I know ChrsLvsBks uses a few of them with great success....but no henna/indigo this go round at all.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 5th September 2010, 2:18 pm

swoodward wrote:whoa, I forgot to ask - let us know how your curls are affected. I think they will be looser.

I didn't think about that but will do. When I was natural a few years back and had color the colorist used to say the curls would loosen but since I was always blowing my hair out Ivever really noticed. This time I'll definitely be paying attention.

LadyMika wrote:Dva, you look stunning. I saw your avi in another thread and was like "WOW!". Smile And KNH is right: lip gloss and mascara are all you need, add some nice earrings on top of it and BAM: instead Diva. Which you already are, but it just adds to your Diva-ness. afro

Thanks so much....Diva-ness. I like that! Laughing
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 5th September 2010, 2:32 pm

Hey Curly Divas,

I've made my rounds this morning on CN.com. Something I haven't done in awhile. You ladies are looking so fabulous.

And let me add while I'm at it. You guys rock! You all are so encouraging and supportive. I love it here! The forum is the friggin' best I tell you.

Anyway, I was reading IB's thread and she was talking about a hair steamer. I know with color you have to be careful and maybe combat dryness. I'm going to DC regularly with the new cut and color to ensure my hair does not dry out. I plan to DC at least 2x/wk. Moisture, moisture, moisture will be my focus. But I was wondering if I should look into a steamer so that I can elevate my DC'ng and really take my treatments to the next level, especially during the upcoming winter months.

I have had a fantastic Saturday. One of my girlfriends came in from out of town, from Charlotte, and we've been hanging out. Having all kinds of fun. She's natural too. We went shopping in Georgetown and got some stuff from Sephora and went to Georgetown Cupcake. They are sooooo good. By the way, for those of you in the DMV you need to checkout Founding Farmers restaurant. It's so awesome. I've been a couple of times and the food is very good.

Anwyway, since the holiday weekend is here I've been splurging a little. But I'm still working out so I'm not doing too much damage. I'll definitely kickup the walks next week. My walk yesterday was fantastic....included some hills (which was no joke), total walking time was about 75-80 minutes. I hope to get up to 90 mins at least 2 days week and down the road running (probably in about 6 mos). I really want to start incorporating some spinning into my workout routine too. I love spinning.

DvaAuNaturel - Page 2 Random10

Anyway, the new cut and color are starting to grow on me more and more. I'm taking everything (hair and weight loss) day by day. Work in progress....

Enjoy your Sunday ladies!

TTYS!
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 5th September 2010, 4:04 pm

DVA you better cut it out!! You are too fly for words D-I-V-A is the right name for you sis. Seriously, you look amazing...the hair, the skin...all gorgeous. Smile
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlsGalore 5th September 2010, 10:24 pm

Dva!!!! YOU. LOOK. AMAZING!!!!! That color, that cut is so beautiful on you! Get it, chica! Lovin' that glow!
CurlsGalore
CurlsGalore

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 6th September 2010, 1:51 am

repeat after me: CHANGE IS GOOOOOD!!! another good tip for my 2nd go round is to pay more attn to my ends so they dont end up as split as they are now. good idea to step it up to dc'in twice a week. even with color u may not need it as much if u incorporate ur oils n moisturizers.

its like a totally new you isnt it. those amber rose cuts booooy i tell ya, it makes u think of all types of creativity!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by MellowOne 6th September 2010, 9:34 am

Dva your hair looks great...love the color. I know how you feel about the short hair but like you said you just have to own it hun! I am soo scared of makeup you did a good job. Maybe one day I will venture over to the makeup thread and try it out...
MellowOne
MellowOne

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 6th September 2010, 9:52 am

Wow, Dva your hair looks really good and I love the color. Simply beautiful.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 6th September 2010, 10:17 am

AfrikanLatina wrote:DVA you better cut it out!! You are too fly for words D-I-V-A is the right name for you sis. Seriously, you look amazing...the hair, the skin...all gorgeous. Smile

CurlsGalore wrote:Dva!!!! YOU. LOOK. AMAZING!!!!! That color, that cut is so beautiful on you! Get it, chica! Lovin' that glow!

Thanks so much CG & AL... I appreciate that.

NubieNatty wrote:repeat after me: CHANGE IS GOOOOOD!!! another good tip for my 2nd go round is to pay more attn to my ends so they dont end up as split as they are now. good idea to step it up to dc'in twice a week. even with color u may not need it as much if u incorporate ur oils n moisturizers.

its like a totally new you isnt it. those amber rose cuts booooy i tell ya, it makes u think of all types of creativity!

lol! You are so right...a new me. And I'm definitely going to DC more. I plan to do it 2x week to start and see how that works. I'm going to totally pamper it.

MellowOne wrote:Dva your hair looks great...love the color. I know how you feel about the short hair but like you said you just have to own it hun! I am soo scared of makeup you did a good job. Maybe one day I will venture over to the makeup thread and try it out...

Hey Mel. Thanks a lot! Don't be scurrrred. lol! Check out the makeup thread girl. Just start small with the basics. Find stuff you like and see if there are instructions for how to recreate it. I'm no pro at all but it's really easy to get going. I'll be looking for you over there.

BlondeByDesire wrote:Wow, Dva your hair looks really good and I love the color. Simply beautiful.

Thanks BBD!
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by wyldhoney 6th September 2010, 10:28 am

Hey Dva!

I have been buried under work and thus not posting, but TRUST when I say I have been keeping up with events on CN, and I must say that your new cut and colour is SUPER!

You look so great, and the makeup is on point too! I hope you enjoy your journey this time around, and wish you nothing but great growth and retention and good progress on your journey!
wyldhoney
wyldhoney

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 6th September 2010, 9:13 pm

DVA!!! I'm soooo late, but the BC and color looks great on you. I love a good MAC splurge. But don't be like me and just collect all that fabulous make up! Use it! Congrats on the weight loss too. You are just doing it on up over here!
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by coilykinks 6th September 2010, 10:12 pm

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:OMGOODNESS!!!! I must co-sign with Nubie!! Dva you hair is beautiful!!! You have me over here really thinking about doing a big chop for real. I mean I really what to see what short cute curls could look like on me. I'm soo confused now!! confused

Do NOT be embrassed...you look beautiful. This style is very becoming on you and like Nubie said you DON'T need make up...you can rock this with lip gloss and mascara. I'm serious!!!

I love it Dva you go girl!!!! dance Now I'm not coming all the way up there to get my hair done, but if I lived near you I would really be trying to get to your stylist. Real Talk!!!!!!!!

I agree with KNH-your hair and color is awesome. I think I want to cut my hair now-I am seriously considering it. I have thought about it before, but I did not wanna go backwards. But if backwards look like that I am "sold." And you do not need much makeup, just the basics. Lip gloss, mascara, and earrings will do the trick. Now If I can convince my husband to agree Surprised
coilykinks
coilykinks

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 6th September 2010, 10:29 pm

wyldhoney wrote:Hey Dva!

I have been buried under work and thus not posting, but TRUST when I say I have been keeping up with events on CN, and I must say that your new cut and colour is SUPER!

You look so great, and the makeup is on point too! I hope you enjoy your journey this time around, and wish you nothing but great growth and retention and good progress on your journey!

Thanks so much Wyldhoney. I enjoyed the first 6 mos and will enjoy the journey this time around as well.

CocaColaCutie wrote:DVA!!! I'm soooo late, but the BC and color looks great on you. I love a good MAC splurge. But don't be like me and just collect all that fabulous make up! Use it! Congrats on the weight loss too. You are just doing it on up over here!

I plan to use it more regularly. Trial and error with the makeup too....just hope I don't have too many Bozo moments lol!. Thanks!

coilykinks wrote:

I agree with KNH-your hair and color is awesome. I think I want to cut my hair now-I am seriously considering it. I have thought about it before, but I did not wanna go backwards. But if backwards look like that I am "sold." And you do not need much makeup, just the basics. Lip gloss, mascara, and earrings will do the trick. Now If I can convince my husband to agree Surprised

Thanks CoilyKinks. What color are you considering? What do you mean go backwards? You should be able to color your hair just the way it is now right. I had to chop due to the indigo I used.

Good luck w/convicing hubby. Very Happy
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 6th September 2010, 10:43 pm

Good Evening Curly Divas,

I enjoyed my Labor Day today. It was very relaxing. I did some yard work and even got a good workout in this evening. I walked and did the bleachers at the local high school - felt great.

Earlier in the day my sisters and I went to Georgetown Cupcake in Bethesda. They were so pressed. Rolling Eyes I bought absolutely nothing since I had them over the weekend already. I definitely didn't want to overindulge. While we were standing in line I noticed this man and was thinking he looked familiar. It was none other than renowned author and orator Dr. Michael Eric Dyson. I spoke to him and told him how much I enjoyed his books and respected his work. Well I forgot that I had my camera with me and when he finished getting his cupcakes we asked for a pic and he obliged. He was so humble and nice. Once we took the pic everyone wanted to know who it was, especially some of the White customers. I explained and they just smiled like they had no idea. Then some of the other Black customers started saying oh yeah, I thought he looked familiar...lol. Maybe they were scared to say anything. I just had to...he is so dope (yes I said that).

Dr. Michael Eric Dyson, Me and my sister
DvaAuNaturel - Page 2 Dsc00212

HAIR:
While my sisters got cupcakes I visited the Aveda store for a brow pencil and a deep treatment for my DC. I'm going to try various DC's to add to my new reggie. I already love the SheaMoisture Deept Treatment Masque and figured finding a few others couldn't hurt.

My new reggie will include:
Co-wash - 3x/week
Shampoo/Low Poo - 1x/week
DC - 2x/week

When I shared the plans for my regimen with the Aveda rep she said that it was right on target and should help preserve the integrity of my hair and keep it well moisturized and healthy. I was very happy to hear that what I had planned was on point. I'll chronicle my results every step of the way this time around too. She said the main thing to be concerned about is the shampoo which can fade the color, strip the hair and dry it out.

I also want to try Jessicurl Weekly Deep Treatment, Curl Junkie Deep Fix or the Banana Hibiscus, Darcy's Botanicals DC, and Bee-Mine Deep Treatment.

I'll be sure to post results/reviews/pics.

Last edited by DvaAuNaturel on 7th September 2010, 6:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next