CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Natural hair and Skin care recipes

+10
breetalton
eyehealthguide
sandrasmarton
stevesmillers
macmaan
mizcreativelyme
cluelesscurl
CiaE
tiashaunteé
SimplyMoi
14 posters

Go down

Natural hair and Skin care recipes Empty Natural hair and Skin care recipes

Post by SimplyMoi 23rd September 2010, 12:04 pm

Hi All-

I just started a blog dedicated soley to making recipes and tkaing care of your skin and hair naturally with diy products. Feel free to ask questions and If i dont know the answer I will surely research it.

Thanks,

http://tresmoi11.blogspot.com

Facebook page Ms. DIY (just like th epage and recipes will pop up n your feeds)

Last edited by SimplyMoi on 23rd September 2010, 12:34 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : url typo)
SimplyMoi
SimplyMoi

Back to top Go down

Natural hair and Skin care recipes Empty Re: Natural hair and Skin care recipes

Post by tiashaunteé 23rd September 2010, 12:16 pm

SimplyMoi wrote:Hi All-

I just started a blog dedicated soley to making recipes and tkaing care of your skin and hair naturally with diy products. Feel free to ask questions and If i dont know the answer I will surely research it.

Thanks,

tresmoi11blogspot.com

Facebook page Ms. DIY (just like th epage and recipes will pop up n your feeds)

Great idea for a blog!
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 23rd September 2010, 12:21 pm

BTW, the link to your blog is incorrect-an error pops up that the page cant be found
Usually blogspot looks like this: blogname.blogspot.com
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by SimplyMoi 23rd September 2010, 12:32 pm

thanks for catching my typo. Please feel free to follow via blogspot and/or facebook(MS. DIY) and spread the word!!

Thanks again!
SimplyMoi
SimplyMoi

Back to top Go down

Post by CiaE 25th October 2010, 9:30 pm

Would you happen to know any natural recipes for getting out Dark acne spots on my complexion?
CiaE
CiaE

http://napskinkslove.onsugar.com

Back to top Go down

Post by cluelesscurl 26th October 2010, 8:13 pm

I love this idea. Will follow.

cluelesscurl

Back to top Go down

Post by SimplyMoi 27th October 2010, 7:54 pm

All things natural take time. With that said, depending on your skin type. Lemon juice is good for skin lightening due to it's acidity. But if you have dry skin, I would not recommend. I would suggest a good exfoliator like cleansing grains and vitamin e oil with lemon juice as a spot treatment. Check out my blog, I have a post dedicated to this.

Please forgive typos because I'm doing this post from my iPhone. Feel free to send me any clarifying questions because with all things natural, you have several options.

Enjoy!
SimplyMoi
SimplyMoi

Back to top Go down

Post by mizcreativelyme 9th November 2010, 1:34 pm

CiaE wrote:Would you happen to know any natural recipes for getting out Dark acne spots on my complexion?

I have struggled with my skin [acne-prone/oily/sensitive]for years, seeking derm after derm until I finally decided to take matters into my own hands. I've tried many over the counter fade creams, which were just too harsh for my skin. For my skin, I have learned that consistently exfoliating is key to rid the skin of blemishes as well as to cut down on new acne forming. Exfoliation sloughs off deads cells which prevents pores from clogging, in turn allowing the skin to "breathe" so that new cell turnover can occur. Recently, after a horrible bout of acne caused by a Rx, I was in need of a gentle exfoliate which would not aggravate existing acne. So I researched and discovered Oatmeal and Flaxseeds. I exfoliate with a homemade oatmeal/flax seed mix 3x's per week and my skin has improved remendously. I use a mortal and pestal to grind the oatmeal into a semi-fine powder and mix that with flax seed meal (which can be purchased at you local grocer in the organics section - I purchased at Kroger). I use about 2 teaspoons or so of the mix and add a little water to make a paste and apply to wet skin. Over time, the dark spots have faded and my skin is much smoother.

To cleanse I use OCM (Castor/EVOO @50/50) at night and simply wipe with a warm (white) washcloth in the mornings. Prior to applying make-up (water-based liquid foundation b/c powder tends to just "sit" on my face), I apply Acne Solutions Hydrating Moisturizer (by Clinique). This moisturizer is the BEST that I have tried on the market. I don't have to blot my face throughout the day. Prior to using this moisturizer, I would need to blot my face not long after leaving the house.
mizcreativelyme
mizcreativelyme

Back to top Go down

Post by SimplyMoi 9th November 2010, 5:04 pm

curlsntwirls wrote:
CiaE wrote:Would you happen to know any natural recipes for getting out Dark acne spots on my complexion?

I have struggled with my skin [acne-prone/oily/sensitive]for years, seeking derm after derm until I finally decided to take matters into my own hands. I've tried many over the counter fade creams, which were just too harsh for my skin. For my skin, I have learned that consistently exfoliating is key to rid the skin of blemishes as well as to cut down on new acne forming. Exfoliation sloughs off deads cells which prevents pores from clogging, in turn allowing the skin to "breathe" so that new cell turnover can occur. Recently, after a horrible bout of acne caused by a Rx, I was in need of a gentle exfoliate which would not aggravate existing acne. So I researched and discovered Oatmeal and Flaxseeds. I exfoliate with a homemade oatmeal/flax seed mix 3x's per week and my skin has improved remendously. I use a mortal and pestal to grind the oatmeal into a semi-fine powder and mix that with flax seed meal (which can be purchased at you local grocer in the organics section - I purchased at Kroger). I use about 2 teaspoons or so of the mix and add a little water to make a paste and apply to wet skin. Over time, the dark spots have faded and my skin is much smoother.

To cleanse I use OCM (Castor/EVOO @50/50) at night and simply wipe with a warm (white) washcloth in the mornings. Prior to applying make-up (water-based liquid foundation b/c powder tends to just "sit" on my face), I apply Acne Solutions Hydrating Moisturizer (by Clinique). This moisturizer is the BEST that I have tried on the market. I don't have to blot my face throughout the day. Prior to using this moisturizer, I would need to blot my face not long after leaving the house.

I use a similiar recipe for cleansing grains. I would like to suggest you try using honey and/or facial clay with your oatmeal & Flaxseed. This will assist with abosrbing dirt and oil without drying out your face.

Also if you ever try another powdered makeup or want to use what you've already purchsed, After application use a facial spritz or herbal insfuion like Rose Water or Lavendar water. Make the makeup look more natural, while giving the skin a light glow.

I would also suggest you use a light oil to moisturize since you are almost using a completly natural regimen!

Thanks for sharing your regime.
SimplyMoi
SimplyMoi

Back to top Go down

Post by macmaan 1st January 2011, 3:14 am

This is really fantastic post. I love my skin and hair. I can take care my skin and hair very well. It is really very important of all the woman's. There are so many product are available for hair and skin in market. You have use the best cream and shampoo.

macmaan

Back to top Go down

Post by stevesmillers 3rd January 2011, 11:49 am

Essential oils like ylang ylang or added to shampoo or conditioner will stimulate hair growth and hair as the hair packs and balms rejuvenator.Apply once or twice a week. The more you provide, nutrition, the more normal hair, your hair regularly be.Trim your hair regularly. Remove the damaged ends.

stevesmillers

Back to top Go down

Post by sandrasmarton 11th January 2011, 3:37 pm

The renewal of regular shampoo. Immune to some of the hair shampoos, if you have used too long. Try our new, see if you notice any changes. Avoid using hair dryer. It makes hair brittle, dry scalp, which can lead to dendruff.

sandrasmarton

Back to top Go down

Post by eyehealthguide 1st February 2011, 5:03 am

Well look into kitchen cubbard beauty on the web. There are lots of sites and info. I cannot type that fast!

eyehealthguide

Back to top Go down

Post by breetalton 4th February 2011, 11:40 am

You can control the oiliness on the scalp and also, if you have blond hair, really helps to keep the lights more. All of these packages and hair conditioners really simple.The first home made, natural hair care product I tried was a white egg.

breetalton

Back to top Go down

Post by brookecrown 14th February 2011, 11:29 am

Health bright tresses are all the dreams of a woman. With new products launched expensive hair every day, we find it difficult to choose the right hair care product. Excessive use of chemicals formulated as shampoos, conditioners, dyes, etc., the natural oils in your hair and scalp very easily scratched. By a luxuriant head of hair healthy and save money gives some of the recipes that follow natural hair care at least try - that will not disappoint.

brookecrown

Back to top Go down

Post by CiaE 15th February 2011, 11:41 am

SimplyMoi wrote:
curlsntwirls wrote:

I use a similiar recipe for cleansing grains. I would like to suggest you try using honey and/or facial clay with your oatmeal & Flaxseed. This will assist with abosrbing dirt and oil without drying out your face.

Also if you ever try another powdered makeup or want to use what you've already purchsed, After application use a facial spritz or herbal insfuion like Rose Water or Lavendar water. Make the makeup look more natural, while giving the skin a light glow.

I would also suggest you use a light oil to moisturize since you are almost using a completly natural regimen!

Would bentonite oil act as a good exfoliater? I try to use it once a week but maybe I should up the anti. Ever since this post i have been using lemon bioferment peel (i think thats the name) and it hasnt really done anything....

My skin is also extra oily so liquids just slide off.. the powder slides off too but not as fast lol
CiaE
CiaE

Back to top Go down

Post by SimplyMoi 15th February 2011, 12:17 pm

CiaE wrote:
SimplyMoi wrote:
curlsntwirls wrote:

Would bentonite oil act as a good exfoliater? I try to use it once a week but maybe I should up the anti. Ever since this post i have been using lemon bioferment peel (i think thats the name) and it hasnt really done anything....

My skin is also extra oily so liquids just slide off.. the powder slides off too but not as fast lol

I know this sound weird, but try the OCM (oil Cleansing Method, I have oily skin and this works great. My acne has reduced grellty (minus those hormonal breakouts)

Also the betonite clay is a great once a week facial detox by pulling out skin toxins oils, etc. Try using sourcream to mix it, Moptop maven uses that method and says it works as a mild peel. But you should add an exfoliator to your regimen. Like cleansing grains or brown sugar mixed with raw honey.

I have some posts on this at my blog, check it out. tresmoi11.blogspot.com

Agood regimen would be cleanser 2x a day, exfoliation 2-3x a week and 1 detox facial and steam per week. You can use green tea and or EO's for steam! Also a great Toner!

Hoep this helps
SimplyMoi
SimplyMoi

Back to top Go down

Post by CiaE 15th February 2011, 4:23 pm

SimplyMoi wrote:
CiaE wrote:
SimplyMoi wrote:
curlsntwirls wrote:

I know this sound weird, but try the OCM (oil Cleansing Method, I have oily skin and this works great. My acne has reduced grellty (minus those hormonal breakouts)

Also the betonite clay is a great once a week facial detox by pulling out skin toxins oils, etc. Try using sourcream to mix it, Moptop maven uses that method and says it works as a mild peel. But you should add an exfoliator to your regimen. Like cleansing grains or brown sugar mixed with raw honey.

I have some posts on this at my blog, check it out. tresmoi11.blogspot.com

Agood regimen would be cleanser 2x a day, exfoliation 2-3x a week and 1 detox facial and steam per week. You can use green tea and or EO's for steam! Also a great Toner!

Hoep this helps
Hey thanks for the info!! hopefully i can find a place online to purchase the brown sugar or raw honey.
Now i used to use the OCM for about 5 months. The first months were fine then after it went down hill and I HAD to stop because my break outs became disgusting =/
CiaE
CiaE

Back to top Go down

Post by SimplyMoi 15th February 2011, 6:27 pm

you can purchase brown sugar at your local grocery and maybe the Raw honey. Or try Trader Joe's, any heatlth food store, Whole foods for the raw honey. Save your money on thos shipping costs if you can.

Also my summer go to soap for my oily skin is black soap (it can dry me out in the winter). You can use the original or a milder version like Dudu Osun.
SimplyMoi
SimplyMoi

Back to top Go down

Post by CiaE 15th February 2011, 11:41 pm

Thanks I guess next time im back home ill stop at a grocery store ur probably right. I dont want to spend money if i dont have to.

I love black soap! But it doesnt do much except keep my face clean and im alright with that lol I use the African Black soap
CiaE
CiaE

Back to top Go down

Post by essentialoils 21st February 2011, 12:58 am

The homemade recipes can be as easy as this sent in recipe.

*Face scrub
*Olive oil
*Sugar

Cover you face and neck with olive oil. Then dapp your wet fingers onto the sugar and place over your face. Do the same all over your face. Then, begin massaging your face, importantly corner of nose,forhead. For 3 min. Then wash of with soap feel the difference.. soft. Another thing you can also used sugar and lemon as a hand scrub.
essentialoils
essentialoils

Back to top Go down

Post by michaldouglas 2nd March 2011, 5:46 pm

Olive oil, dry hair can be a great conditioner. Half a cup of hot or more if your hair is too long. Hair, especially the ends and middle bit massage-they are always closer to the scalp hair dryer

michaldouglas

Back to top Go down

Post by jackthomson 11th March 2011, 3:50 pm

Let us sure that you use the right shampoo. Every time you get to a suitable shampoo hair type. A shampoo for dry hair smell better, but it doesn't fit the needs of the 'pinti he hair. Shampoo change frequently. Gets a specific shampoo hair shampoo was used for a long time the immunity. See the notice of any changes to the new a try, you. Current balms and hair packages once or twice a week. The more you provide, the more nutrients will be healthy hair.

jackthomson

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down