CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Uses for Aloe Vera Gel

+22
CarlaAR
Umph
palomavictoria
creolebeauty1
beverlyann
Butterfly125
pie
Sebastain13
Thinice
CSI
BeautifullyMehh
thetiffany
curlya
EMarie
kim
komirra
happy2bcurly
QuirkyCurly
hopefulcurls
danierich
watkins
JazmineB
26 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Uses for Aloe Vera Gel - Page 2 Empty Re: Uses for Aloe Vera Gel

Post by Umph 16th March 2011, 11:04 pm

How do you apply to your face? by dabbing a cotton ball with both AVG and jojoba oil and then apply to face? or separately?

Thanks!
Umph
Umph

Back to top Go down

Post by CarlaAR 17th March 2011, 12:24 am

curlya wrote:Sounds great! I'll try it. I bought Aloe vera gel for my kimmaytube leave-in and once I mixed it up. I forgot that I had the bottle in the fridge. I have to pull it out and try it as a moistturizer.

Jazmine B - do you keep your aloe moisturizer in the fridge after you mix with jojoba oil?

Did you use the gel or the juice? The Kimmaytube leave-in uses the juice so I was curious...

To the OP, I use the juice mostly as a dietary supplement though I have used it in my hair as well as part of a leave-in. I use Lilly of the Desert.

In terms of the gel, mostly use it sometimes as a styler in place of regular gel. I like Lilly of The Earth.
CarlaAR
CarlaAR

Back to top Go down

Post by nattynattie 17th March 2011, 1:38 am

great info! i have aloe vera juice in the fridge i rarely use. for those of you who are drinking it...do you just drink it straight?
nattynattie
nattynattie

Back to top Go down

Post by proverbs356 18th March 2011, 11:41 pm

I am SO happy I found this! I was looking through these forums the other day, and I can't remember where I saw it but someone mentioned using Aloe Vera gel in their hair. I've also seen vegetable glycerin listed in spritzes and wondered what the point of those two items were. Anyway, I was looking at getting some of these today, only I couldn't remember what kind of aloe vera gel to get ( I was looking in the sun skin care section at walmart), and couldn't really find vegetable glycerin anywhere. It is on amazon though, so I might just order it. I'm really excited to start putting these in my leave-in conditioner mix. Would they work just as well mixed in with just oils??

Also, those skin care uses sound awesome. My face breaks out a lot, and it's scarred from these breakouts... I want them GONE. I will definitely try these out!! cheers
proverbs356
proverbs356

Back to top Go down

Post by lemonjons 21st March 2011, 4:31 pm

Aloe vera juice helps to work with acid, which makes the whole process of digestion occurs. If you suffer from constipation, drink aloe vera juice can help restore that balance. It also helps to establish and maintain necessary health maintenance organizations, large intestine, small intestine, and colon.

lemonjons

Back to top Go down

Post by Jo Somebody 22nd March 2011, 1:01 am

You know Curly Nikki is a great forum because even the spam-bots are informative!
Jo Somebody
Jo Somebody

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2