CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finally!

+14
PaganWifey
priceless
netta
MellowOne
Hurricane Curly
SheeTacular
Cnicoles6
QuietButterfly
Lynnieluve
sweetdrk1
jlowman1
BajanPrincess82
CrissyQ
queenshakirah
18 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Finally! - Page 2 Empty Re: Finally!

Post by Lynnieluve 2nd September 2010, 7:54 pm

Love THAT poem!!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by queenshakirah 2nd September 2010, 7:58 pm

cheers thanks!
queenshakirah
queenshakirah

Back to top Go down

Post by netta 14th September 2010, 8:43 pm

Queen, You are very photogenic and pretty , I am an artist. your hair looks great whatever style you wear. I also cut my locs after 3 years!
Welcome ! Blessings to you and yours .
netta
netta

http://publicfotki.com/netta315/

Back to top Go down

Post by queenshakirah 14th September 2010, 9:58 pm

Thank you netta! I was just thinking about what would be my five yr loc anniversary this november, I almost miss my locs...almost. Lol.
queenshakirah
queenshakirah

Back to top Go down

Post by queenshakirah 30th September 2010, 1:39 pm

Mannn have I been busy! I'll make this quick for now:
Mr biggums will be six months tomorrow! Wow time flies...
I think I've found a regimen for my hair that I can stick with, but cold weather is fast approaching and I need styles that will last more than a few days at a time.
I've been using the shea moisture line with great results (the amber color bottles. Haven't retired the pink bottles for curly hair or the black soap versions ) along with carol daughter leave in conditioners to refresh my fro daily, the healthy hair butter for my plaids, henna once a month of course, and sometimes KCKT as a leave in. just need to find a good styling gel that's REALLY all natural, and I think I've found it!! Haven't tried it yet but i just ordered jason natural products aloe vera and bergamot styling gel. got it from this awesome site called allvitaminsplus.com. FREE SHIPPING ON ALL ORDERS ALL THE TIME CURLIES!!!!!!
You should check it out. Ok, gtg but I'll def be back later with updated pics and more about current happenings and hair stories.
queenshakirah
queenshakirah

Back to top Go down

Post by queenshakirah 18th October 2010, 7:49 pm

ok, gotta type quickly, Mr Biggums is sure to want out of the walker soon...
so i washed my hair today after not washing it for almost two weeks. i had been rocking some mini twist for a week ( i actually wasn't too fond of the twists but refused to take them out too soon) i was aiming for a style that would be both protrective and had some longevity... anywho, i took the twist down and rocked an awesome twist out/ frohawk for the next 5 or 6 days. however, i don't think my hair liked going that long without being washed or co-washed. my hair didn't appear to be too tangled but as soon as that shampoo got in there UGGHHH!! those separated twists just did not want to come undone! i actually had considered just letting my hair dry after i initally wet it cuz i got a glimpse in the mirror from the shower and my twist out looked so cool! but that probably would have turned into a tangled disasterpiece later. my goal was to achieve this awesome wash n go that i had a couple of weeks back. washed with KKCC, KCKT as a leave in, and the KCCC used sparingly (instead of as directed) and finger-pulled my hair all over. it gave me this great chunky fro look. (see pic below) well, apparently, the style i wore just prior to the chunky fro last time didn't leave me with so much detangling to do. needless to say, i'm not too happy with my chunky fro result this time. i'm probably making more out of it than need be, i mean, i lost more hair than usual during the detangle process, but it still wasn't actually a LOT of hair. it was more frustrating than anything else. up until just now i was so worried that i had done some irreparable damage but i know my hair is strong.
in other news, i kinda hyped to look through this month's Essence featuring natural hair care. if any of you ladies read it, def weigh in!
Finally! - Page 2 Me_n_b10
queenshakirah
queenshakirah

Back to top Go down

Post by queenshakirah 18th October 2010, 7:52 pm

below: the frohawk from 4 day old twist out right before i washed my hair.
Finally! - Page 2 Frohaw10
queenshakirah
queenshakirah

Back to top Go down

Post by queenshakirah 24th October 2010, 2:10 pm

Hey ladies! I need y'alls help!! I feel the need to feed my product junkyism soon. I've been watching my hair's reaction to the products I had on hand from my last pj splurge, and after repeated uses and remembering how my hair felt at its best, I think i need to make some changes. It seems so hard to find natural products that aren't too expensive and yield the results i want. Even the expensive ones aren't worth a lot of the hype. I've found that carols daughter products aren't giving me all I want, esp for the price. the hair milk works better for my husband than for me, the leave ins are ok but I feel I could get the same results with aloe and water, the hair honey is awesome for twist outs but it's soooo greasy and he's to wash out, even with kkcc! i have to give jason's aloe gel a second try but first impression: dryyying! And shea moisture deep treatment, I need to try again but i don't remember being too impressed with its dt abilities...I need some recommendations! What's your fave styling aid?
queenshakirah
queenshakirah

Back to top Go down

Post by queenshakirah 7th November 2010, 1:11 pm

I need some positive energy pushed my way. I've been in a funk lately. Life is just been working my nerves this week (more than usual anyway) I know I'm supposed to keep a positive outlook but I just feel...blah. Somebody cheer me up please! Send a message, post a comment, post an awesome hair pic! Anything!
queenshakirah
queenshakirah

Back to top Go down

Post by priceless 7th November 2010, 5:48 pm

hey curl i just read through your journey i feel you on the whole bf thing and telling you that it was a wrong move. I had plenty of guys in highschool including the guy i was dating to tell me that i was going to look a hot mess when i cut my hair. I waited 5 yrs to fully go for it. when i did cut it off i still had a perm and i Loved it with a capital L. I have been playing with going natural for some yrs now and finally decided last yr i was not going to get any more perms. and in March after a yr of weaves and braids i have decided to embrace my natural hair. I love my hair now and really want it to grow to BSL so i have in twist with added hair that i will try to last for two months.

Enough about me
I see that you are in a funk right now and so am I but I keep reading this Quote that i found on a fellow curly page I think is sweet it is as follows

"learn to enjoy every minute of your life. Be happy now. Don't wait for something outside of yourself to make you happy in the future. Think how really precious is the time you have to spend, whether it's at work or with your family. Every minute should be enjoyed and savored." - Earl Nightingale

enjoy your day curly
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by queenshakirah 8th November 2010, 1:33 pm

smh@ these men...Thank u priceless! Love the quote. And happy hair growing!
queenshakirah
queenshakirah

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 8th November 2010, 2:05 pm

queenshakirah wrote:Hey ladies! I need y'alls help!! I feel the need to feed my product junkyism soon. I've been watching my hair's reaction to the products I had on hand from my last pj splurge, and after repeated uses and remembering how my hair felt at its best, I think i need to make some changes. It seems so hard to find natural products that aren't too expensive and yield the results i want. Even the expensive ones aren't worth a lot of the hype. I've found that carols daughter products aren't giving me all I want, esp for the price. the hair milk works better for my husband than for me, the leave ins are ok but I feel I could get the same results with aloe and water, the hair honey is awesome for twist outs but it's soooo greasy and he's to wash out, even with kkcc! i have to give jason's aloe gel a second try but first impression: dryyying! And shea moisture deep treatment, I need to try again but i don't remember being too impressed with its dt abilities...I need some recommendations! What's your fave styling aid?

Try the Shea Moisture Deep Treatment for your twist/twist out!! Amazing!! (for me anyway) I use it as a deep treatment but I have to admit, it works best for twist/twist outs. I use it in conjunction with my ecocustard. I also heard it works well with ORS twist and lock gel.

Carols Daughter's products didnt work for my hair either. I tried the Hair milk and the tui smoothie.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 8th November 2010, 2:05 pm

queenshakirah wrote:
Finally! - Page 2 Me_n_b10

I love this pic!!! Very Happy
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by queenshakirah 8th November 2010, 7:32 pm

Thanks lynnie! I love your avatar!
queenshakirah
queenshakirah

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 8th November 2010, 9:13 pm

Thanks!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by PaganWifey 11th November 2010, 1:55 pm

I LOVE the pic of Mr Biggums in the wrap!
PaganWifey
PaganWifey

Back to top Go down

Post by queenshakirah 11th November 2010, 2:07 pm

Thanks! He's way to heavy for it now lol
queenshakirah
queenshakirah

Back to top Go down

Post by queenshakirah 3rd December 2010, 5:43 pm

@lynnie, shea moisture dt masque + twist = awesome!! Thanks for the recommendation!

In other news, I've found a couple of HG level products:

Low poo: shea moisture moisture retention shampoo
Co wash: trader joe's tea tree tingle
Conditioner and/or leave in styler: aussie moist (i may not repurchase kckt due to how awesome aussie is!)
Sealant: oyin handmade burnt sugar pomade
Refresher: afro detangler

And another hair oil butter I'm absolutely loving is darcy botanicals palm fruit and cherry kernel butter (i think that's what it's called. My jar is out of reach)
I figured I'd post my recent good findings since I'm actually having a rather bad hair day. Needed to refocus on the good!
queenshakirah
queenshakirah

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 3rd December 2010, 6:41 pm

Tell me more about the shampoo. I'm almost out of my Karens Body Beautiful shampoo. If I could find a sulfate free shampoo local, that would be great!! Is that the pinkish bottle or the brown and yellow bottle?
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by queenshakirah 3rd December 2010, 6:46 pm

It's the yellow color bottle with brown letters (not the black soap line).
Awww man, this shampoo is so softening for me! It feels like I used a light conditioner after I rinse. And it lathers really well for a none sulfate poo. (I also found that my poos lather really well after I do a pre poo with evoo)
The shampoo doesn't have a real fragrance to it, it smells ok. It had been my go-to poo. The only other one I've been using is kccc when I need to clarify.
queenshakirah
queenshakirah

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 3rd December 2010, 6:54 pm

Thanks!! I heard some other good reviews on this shampoo. I may have to give it a try. That's great that it lathes well. I like to have lots of suds because in MY mind, suds = clean.

My most favoritest shampoo is Creme of Nature (sulfate shampoo) but I like to rotate from week to week (sulfate one week, sulfate free the next week).
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by queenshakirah 3rd December 2010, 7:01 pm

Creme of nature huh? A classic! I haven't used a sulfate poo in years. I had stopped using then when I had locs. But I'm always sure to keep a bottle of poo with at least a moderate surfactant in it.
Btw, I gotta check out your fotki!
queenshakirah
queenshakirah

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 3rd December 2010, 7:29 pm

I'm not sure if this will help you but on that twist pin up do....I parted my hair into 4 sections (2 in the front and 2 in the back). After I twisted each section, I started pinning in the back first. I pinned the twist in the back toward the center part. Then I pinned the ones in the front.

I hope this helps.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by queenshakirah 3rd December 2010, 9:11 pm

Good to know! Thanks so much!
queenshakirah
queenshakirah

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 4th December 2010, 1:45 am

Howdy. Quick question? Does the shea moisture shampoo lather?
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next