CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need a Natural big sister ASAP!!!

2 posters

Go down

Need a Natural big sister ASAP!!! Empty Need a Natural big sister ASAP!!!

Post by curlgurl19 19th July 2010, 6:47 am

I am 19 years old. I have been transitioning for about about 3 months. I
am doing this more or less by myself I don't really have anyone to
relate to about it or to give me support. My mother is for it but she is
only sort of natural( she wears wigs natural looking wigs but wigs). My
grandmother doesn't like the "look" of natural hair and then there is
my boyfriend, he tries so hard to support me but he doesn't get it(he is
white) and his the one who encouraged me to go natural. I went
natural(sort of) about two years ago, but i really had no idea what i
was doing and I only did it cause my mom wanted me to. This time I am
doing it for me. This past year I have learned so much about myself
about really getting to know and love who I am and I want to have that
with my hair. It would really help me a lot if I had someone to talk to
and relate to about my hair. So if anyone is interested i would really
appreciate it.

Thank you to all who respond
Sincerely
curlgurl19

curlgurl19

Back to top Go down

Need a Natural big sister ASAP!!! Empty Re: Need a Natural big sister ASAP!!!

Post by Naturally Esq 19th July 2010, 1:59 pm

I may be able to help you. What is your hair type? What products are you using?

This is an article on balacing moisture and protein in your products: http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/278612/the_fine_art_of_protein_and_moisture.html?singlepage=true&cat=69

I have been transitioning since 9/09. I have 4a/b fine texture hair that loves protein and ends at the end of my neck. I use only Giovanni Products that can be bought at Whole Foods, Target, Walmart, CVS, Pharmaca, and health food stores. Once a week, I use Giovanni Smooth As Silk (SAS) Deeper Moisture Shampoo to poo, SAS Deeper Moisture Conditioner and Reconstructor to DC, SAS Xtreme Protein Infusion or Direct Leave In as part of the Kimmaytube leave in, I set my hair with Giovanni Natural Mousse Hair Styling Foam. I use the braid outs to style.

I am glad that you are taking this time to learn about yourself. You can use affirmations to help you stay encouraged in your transition journey. There is a list of them on this website.

HTH
Naturally Esq
Naturally Esq

Back to top Go down

Post by curlgurl19 20th July 2010, 1:32 am

well i dont reallly know what my hair type is. It seems to be a mix of a few different things. The only thing I am really doing to my hair is co washing (with vo5 moisture milks conditioner ) least twice a week and i use a suave leave in conditioner that i got at the dollar store. other than that i don't really use anything else on my hair( cant afford it). but i just got a job and am waiting to start. So I will be able to buy and try new products on my hair. Thank you so much for helping me out. You have no idea how close I was to just saying forget it and taking the scissors to my head.

curlgurl19

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturally Esq 20th July 2010, 6:42 am

I have learn so much from this website that I am glad to help you, the best that I can. Never give up on your goals or dreams.

1. It has been helpful to me to have a weekly routine. I have not experience the hair breakage that many transitioners experience, and my hair has grown a lot. I designate Friday evening as my natural hair time. I shampoo with a sulfate free shampoo, clarify as needed with ACV, deep condition, detangle, condition, detangle, apply leave in and styler. I usually refresh on Tuesdays or Wednesdays. I wear a satin bonnet or scarf when I sleep.

2. These are the links re going natural on a budget:
http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/general-f3/curly-on-a-budget-t4208.htm?highlight=budget

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/stylin-and-profilin-f2/help-college-studentneeding-college-budget-products-t2656.htm?highlight=budget

3. This is the link to a You Tube video that was helpful to me when I began my transition: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nr8GbJNJ2jM

Let me know if you have any questions.
HTH
Naturally Esq
Naturally Esq

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down