CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My "Fabulous" Journey

+15
priceless
MellowOne
nattyblog
KinkyNappyHappy
mstokes2008
NubieNatty
CocoEuro
TheRYL1
CurlsGalore
SheeTacular
sweetdrk1
poeticlyspkng
krazy coils
CrissyQ
Fabulousat50
19 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

My "Fabulous" Journey - Page 2 Empty Re: My "Fabulous" Journey

Post by Fabulousat50 27th July 2010, 9:35 am

Okay, so yesterday after work i did a dc and cowash. I made it through the weekend without wearing any attachment to my head! My "Fabulous" Journey - Page 2 617583 I tried sleeping on my braidout from the weekend with hopes of introducing the new new me at work on Monday morning. Well that did not work out at all. when i got up my hair was just matted and as much as i tried i couldn't bring it back to life. so i put on another "hat" (wig) and went to work. Well as soon as i got home i went up stair and did my dc and cowash. I took my time and did bantu knots to the best of my ability - they weren't too bad. this morning i took them out and i was quite pleased with the results!!! So today i am rocking a fro at work for the first time!! My "Fabulous" Journey - Page 2 678474 I haven't gotten much reaction yet, cuz i kind of slithered in through the back door and haven't come in contact with anyone yet. Boy are they gonna be shocked!! But i am liking my little fro!! i will try to post pics later. and i will let you know what kind of reactions i get. Go me!!!!!!!! Hope everyone out there including me, has a great day!! My "Fabulous" Journey - Page 2 Icon_biggrin
Fabulousat50
Fabulousat50

Back to top Go down

Post by MellowOne 27th July 2010, 12:30 pm

Hi Fab50 I read some of your post around the board and I'm glad that you started a journal. This is a great way to get even closer to your daughter because as you have found out there is soo much to talk about with hair from products to weather lol.

Your BKO turned out great. Once you feel more comfortable styling your own hair you will be more confident wearing it out. I look forward to hearing more about your journey.

ps nice curls My "Fabulous" Journey - Page 2 Icon_smile
MellowOne
MellowOne

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 27th July 2010, 10:25 pm

CONGRATSSSSSS!!! now give us some PICS My "Fabulous" Journey - Page 2 Icon_bounce

this is a gigantic step for you, no wig AND u rockin a fro...reminding u of the good ol days...can u dig it My "Fabulous" Journey - Page 2 Icon_rr
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by priceless 28th July 2010, 6:17 pm

congrats and welcome wanna see pics. glad you started a journal
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by mstokes2008 28th July 2010, 10:36 pm

Here you go:

Two-Strand BKO fro:

My "Fabulous" Journey - Page 2 Img_0410

My "Fabulous" Journey - Page 2 Img_0411

My "Fabulous" Journey - Page 2 Img_0413

Different Day Different Way:

My "Fabulous" Journey - Page 2 Img_0415

My "Fabulous" Journey - Page 2 Img_0416

My "Fabulous" Journey - Page 2 Img_0417

My "Fabulous" Journey - Page 2 Img_0418

My "Fabulous" Journey - Page 2 Img_0419

Sorry so many Smile
mstokes2008
mstokes2008

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 28th July 2010, 10:59 pm

giiiiiiiiiirl look at all those curls!! gawn head n do that bc n get it over wit My "Fabulous" Journey - Page 2 Icon_bounce

im so proud of you My "Fabulous" Journey - Page 2 Icon_biggrin
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by Fabulousat50 28th July 2010, 11:41 pm

NubieNatty wrote:giiiiiiiiiirl look at all those curls!! gawn head n do that bc n get it over wit My "Fabulous" Journey - Page 2 Icon_bounce

im so proud of you My "Fabulous" Journey - Page 2 Icon_biggrin
Thanks Nubie, I think i'm getting closer and closer to the bc! of course my hair did not look as nice as all of y'alls but for my first time with a twist out, i was pleased. the first day it seemed all dry and fro-ish, but the next day i got more curls. i guess i have to keep practicing with my twists. but all in all i was rather pleased!! we will see what happens tomorrow. i'm scared to sleep on it and try for 2nd day hair because the first time i did that it wa a disaster, so i just twisted it up again tonight and will do that everynight if i have to!!!! My "Fabulous" Journey - Page 2 Icon_biggrin i do want to try some more styles though. you can see that my front is considerably thinner than the rest of my hair, this alone is templting me to chop. but at the same time i want to experiement with different styles while i still have some hair. it felt so good not to have to decide which "hat" to wear! My "Fabulous" Journey - Page 2 678474
Fabulousat50
Fabulousat50

Back to top Go down

Post by Fabulousat50 1st August 2010, 11:57 pm

ok Ladies, here's an update. Well Friday night after work i did a lot of running around and didn't feel like braiding or twisting my hair. I went to bed kind of early because it was a long day. So before i went to bed i just twisted my hair up in the ole french twist, tied my scarf on and went to bed. I figured in the morning i would just take the combs down and do a little fluffing and be good as new. Well when i got up and took the scarf off, i reaized that i liked the french twist in the back. it was kind of nice., So i rocked that all day Saturday!!! Go Me!!!!! My "Fabulous" Journey - Page 2 617583 Saturday night did a DC and then a cowash. I two strand twisted it and put rollers on the end. This morning the curls were a little tighter than i liked but i rocked them anyway!! I do have a question for everyone. Since my front is thinner than the rest of my hair it makes my front look alot shorter than the rest. what can i do to get a little more lift out of the front. Tonight i twisted the back again and plan to wear it that way in the morning. i did bantu twists in the front in hopes that i can salvage some curls out of that, and i did the french twist in the back. ALso what can i do or use to give my hair some sheen. it always looks so dry to me. Once i get up and style it, what can i do to give it that little extra boost of shine? My "Fabulous" Journey - Page 2 Icon_rolleyes I have been taking pictures all the way through but am still having problems uploading, so i will have to email them to my daughter and let her do it for me. So there are pictures to come. I am enjoying this journey alot. My husband is even starting to give me complimements! My "Fabulous" Journey - Page 2 Icon_biggrin So as i continue my journey i appreciate all the help, advice and comments that you all are providing!! Thanks a bunch!!!
Fabulousat50
Fabulousat50

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 2nd August 2010, 8:32 am

Hi Fab50

You are doing a great job with your hair!!! Love your BKO and the different styles you wore to work last week. I've been getting shine by using the famous KimmayTube leave-in conditioner....which is Kinky Curly KT conditioner, Aloe Vera Juice, Castor Oil & Jojoba Oil. Before that I would use my Karen Body Beautiful Jojoba oil on my hair.

Truthfully, I contribute my sheen/shine to the henna's I've been doing for the last 3 months. My hair is very healthy, shiny, and going like grass!!

As for front...I'll continue to watch your thread to see what some of the veterans curly suggest...still struggling with that issue as well. My sides shrink up like nobody's business!!!

The hubby is loving the hair!!! woot! Looking good Fab50...keep up the good work!!!

Have a great week!!

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 2nd August 2010, 1:17 pm

Hey Fabulous your hair is looking good! Love the BKO fro! For sheen you can use any type of pomade on your hair. I like to use Jane Carter Nourish and Shine. I take a little and rub it in my hands in the morning then fluff my hair with it. I call it my natural "Oil Sheen" (lol). Have a good day.
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 2nd August 2010, 1:23 pm

I love the Different Day Different Way hair style. really cute!
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Fabulousat50 12th August 2010, 2:18 pm

My "Fabulous" Journey - Page 2 Icon_flower Ladies!!!!! It's been a few weeks, i have been very busy, but now it's time to catch you all up!! i have been doing a lot of conditioning and am definitly getting better with the bantu twist out. I must say though, the two textures is starting to get to me. I feel like i have a jungle growing under by relaxed ends. my front is definitly shorter than the rest and is a lot thinner. i've been gettng more and more anxious to do the bc. i have been taking pictures but they are on my daughters camera and she is in the middle of moving, so it may be a couple of days before she is able to post them. My daughter and i work in the same office, so each day when i get to work i wait for her to come in and check out my hair for the day. she usually has to play with it for me to cover up some parts or stray curls!! it's kind of funny that i wait for my daughter to make sure my hair is ready to go for the day!!! One day she didn't come to work and i was kind of paniced all day!!! I know that i can always count on her to give me an honest opinion of my appearance. My "Fabulous" Journey - Page 2 Icon_lol We have been talking alot about the bc. I think i'm ready for it. as of matter of fact. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .i did the BC last night!!!!! My "Fabulous" Journey - Page 2 678474 My daughter did it for me and don't worry Ladies we did video tape it!!!! I thought i would be scared and freaked out, but i think i was actually quite calm. I went to a salon the other day for a consultation. The lady was less than informative and trying to get information out of her was like pulling teeth. I asked her how much she would charge to do my bc and she said $65 My "Fabulous" Journey - Page 2 Affraid i couldnt beleive it - that's a perm!!! i just couldn't see paying $65 to come out with 1/2 inch of hair. so of course me and my co-heart in crime (MStokes) My "Fabulous" Journey - Page 2 879602 decided that we would do it ourselves. I felt very confident in my daughter hands while she held the scissors. When i mentioned to one of my coworkers that i was gonna let my daughter do the big chop, she kind of frowned up and said, hmm if it were me i would let a professional do it. I wanted to say to her - and you still are addicted to creamy crack! but i just let it go. So anyway i had been prepping my husband all week telling him that i was definitly gonna do it. HE was not very enthused, but he did tell me that if that is what i really wanted to do then he didn't mind and he would still love me anyway. (That's a major compliment coming from him) Anyway Michelle and I set up the tripod and she did the big chop. My "Fabulous" Journey - Page 2 617583 i was really glad to share this experience with her and i can't wait for her to post the video and pics! I got up this morning and did my dc and cowash, then i used my leave in mix and some ecogel. Y'all i have curls just poppin all over the place. My "Fabulous" Journey - Page 2 Icon_cheers I really like it. I think Michelle was just as excited last night as i was. She said the TWA suits me!!!! Can't wait for you all to see the pictures!! i don't go back to work until Monday - boy are they gonna be shocked - i can't wait to see the expressions! But one thing is for sure, i will not let anyone ruin my new me!!! i've decided to call my new me - Precious!! You all will be introduced soon!!!! BTW - i have to mention - during my BC there were several of you who were on my mind and i think i gave a shout out in the video!! Those who were on my mind were - NUBIE, SweetrDrk1, KinkyNappyHappy, and Lynnieluve!! Shoutout Ladies!!!! Thanks for all the inspriation!!!! Pics and video coming soon!!!! Love you all!!!!!!!
Fabulousat50
Fabulousat50

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 12th August 2010, 2:25 pm

fIRST CONGRATS! Second I looove the name and third I cant wait to see the pictures of you and precious.
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Fabulousat50 12th August 2010, 2:26 pm

Hey Ladies, has anyone ever heard of or used Nudred?? I saw a demonstration and was interested. anyone know anything about it?!
Fabulousat50
Fabulousat50

Back to top Go down

Post by cyclingchick 12th August 2010, 3:17 pm

Congrats on the BC! Can't wait to see the pics/video Smile
cyclingchick
cyclingchick

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 12th August 2010, 5:01 pm

Yay on the bc! I RAN over here to see pics! Whoo! I'm tired but I'll run back later!
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by CocoEuro 17th August 2010, 6:17 pm

Congrats on the BC!!! I can not believe they was going to charge you $65 to chop off your ends!! SMH!!
CocoEuro
CocoEuro

http://naturalcurlykinks.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 17th August 2010, 7:15 pm

Yay BC!!!
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by nattyblog 17th August 2010, 7:18 pm

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!! I rushed right over from mstokes' thread when I read you had bc'd!!

Never heard of Nudred....

And let me just say that $65 is highway robbery! They ought to be ashamed of themselves! Okay, rant over...

YAY!!!!! run
nattyblog
nattyblog

http://naturalgeek.onsugar.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Fabulousat50 17th August 2010, 8:39 pm

Hey Ladies, thanks for all the comments on my BC. I promise there will be more pics coming!! My daughter just moved into a new apartment and is still trying to get settled. She will post the pictures and video for me as soon as she gets some time to relax. ( I really need to learn how to do it myself!!) Shocked Well it has been a week (tomorrow) since i did my BC and i must say I ABSOLUTLEY LOVE IT!! Very Happy At first i was nervous about what people would say and how they would react and then i just told myself that "It doesn't matter what they say or think" i kept hearing India Arie in the background saying - I AM NOT MY HAIR!!! Anyway i had a few days to get used to it myself before shocking everyone at work. I took a couple of pictures and initially i felt like a looked like a basketball with chia pet hair!! Then i realized that if i looked like a basketball head today, i probably looked like one yesterday too! It's all good though. My first wash n go was the most amazing thing. after i got out of the shower, i felt like i was supposed to roughly dry it with a towel and then pull out the blowdryer and flat iron. It felt so liberating not to have to go through all of those steps- it was awesome!! i had a lot of shrinkage which kind of made me sad, but i know that my hair will start to get healthier and it will not always look this short. I was even able to do some two strand twists!! a couple of nights ago, i used my Giovanni leave in conditioner mix and sprayed it real good, twisted and went to bed. The next morning (Monday) my hair felt really hard and my curls were really tight. Last night i twisted using the Cantu Shea Moisturizer leave in and this morning my hair was really soft and the shrinkage was not nearly as bad as yesterday. I was really excited, so i put my pink headband on and went to work! you know it's funny what kinds of looks you get from people when they are shocked and just don't know what to say! I got a few compliments but mostly from the lighter complexioned people i got a lot of blank stares and that uncomfortable feeling of - "OMG what has she done, what do i say, if i ignore it, she won't notice and we won't have to address it" I thought it was hilarious because they seemed more uncomfortable than i did! Rolling Eyes But i was enjoying "Precious" and i could feel a little confidence that i was surprised to have. i think Precious and I are gonna be great friends. My daughter and i are going shopping this weekend and i can't wait to buy some hair candy!!! i feel like i want to wash my hair every hour! i even have a spray bottle of water in my desk!! i just want to spray it all day long!! is that crazy or what?! Well i promise to try to get some pics out soon. i did change my avitar but even though it is not the best picture - it shows you Precious in her early stages. Tell me what you think!!

Last edited by Fabulousat50 on 17th August 2010, 8:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Fabulousat50
Fabulousat50

Back to top Go down

Post by Fabulousat50 17th August 2010, 8:45 pm

cyclingchick wrote:Congrats on the BC! Can't wait to see the pics/video Smile
Thanks Ms Chick, can't wait to post the pictures - I'm really anxious to hear what everyone thinks. As for me - I LOVE IT!! I didn't make it to my 50th birthday but that's okay, i wish i would have done it sooner!! I love you
Fabulousat50
Fabulousat50

Back to top Go down

Post by Fabulousat50 17th August 2010, 8:53 pm

poeticlyspkng wrote:Yay on the bc! I RAN over here to see pics! Whoo! I'm tired but I'll run back later!
Thanks PS - sorry the pics aren't up yet, i promise we will get them out soon, so take a break and stop running Razz

CocoEuro wrote:Congrats on the BC!!! I can not believe they was going to charge you $65 to chop off your ends!! SMH!!
$65 can you beleive that!! i need to go get shaped up, but i will not be going to her! it's a shame she has the only natural salon here that i know of. I will just have to go somewhere else for my shapeup! I will let you know how it goes!!

WhosThatRedHead wrote:Yay BC!!!
Thanks Red!!

nattyblog wrote:CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!! I rushed right over from mstokes' thread when I read you had bc'd!!

Never heard of Nudred....

And let me just say that $65 is highway robbery! They ought to be ashamed of themselves! Okay, rant over...

YAY!!!!! run
Nudred is this thing that looks like a big shoe polishing brush, but by masagging your hair in circular motions it puts twists in your hair in a fraction of the time! i saw it first on newlynatural.com and then i saw it several times on youtube. I'm thinking about giving it a try. You can twist your whole head in less than 3 minutes. it's perfect for the twa's but says it probably won't do as well if your hair is over 5 inches. it costs $30 and i figure i would spend that much on experimental products so why not give it a try. i will probably order it this weekend and try it out. you should go on youtube and google it. it is actually pretty awesome. i'll let you know what happens! wish me luck What a Face
Fabulousat50
Fabulousat50

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 17th August 2010, 9:01 pm

I just watched a YT video for the nudred and all I can say is WOW Shocked
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by Fabulousat50 17th August 2010, 10:26 pm

WhosThatRedHead wrote:I just watched a YT video for the nudred and all I can say is WOW Shocked
doesn't it look amazing?! i'm gonna order it friday and hopefully it will only take a few days to get here. can't wait to try it and post some pics!! cheers
Fabulousat50
Fabulousat50

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 18th August 2010, 4:17 pm

CONGRATS FAB50!!! u are lookin AWESOME!! im so proud of you n thanx for the shot out. cant wait to see the vid n plenty more pix! but even moreso...congrats on goin back to school, thats definitely an inspiration for me. i went to drop my lil brother off at college last sun (virginia state) n i was wondering...hmmm, am i too old to stay on campus...and can mason live with me scratch

u totally have NOTHING to worry bout and u actually look younger might i add Wink im lovin it soooo much. i told u not to worry! i always like to encourage the BC becuz i aint got the patience for 2 textures n blah blah blah...JUST DO IT n get it over wit becuz u will NOT regret it. i felt so reborn and just to be able to enjoy water hittin ur head...OMG!! u may even find that u like to keep it short esp since u so busy n on the go! In the beginning i was so frustrated becuz no matter what i used or how it was still dry looking and/or feeling. i kept researchin n found that its a common problem becuz pretty much we gotta re-train our tresses all over again. i mean i'd been permin my hair for so long i dont blame my tresses are tryin to pay me back, lol. but when u get a good reggie goin (it will take a while) u will definitely see results. it took me a good...mmmm bout 6 months before i noticed my hair actually stayin moisturized esp straight out the shower cuz normally i HAD to add somethin on top of other products. If im doin a wng i can pretty much hop out n just add leave-in n go! Mstokes is an excellent resource becuz she's doin quite well for herself too. ive been watchin her hair sprout into such beauty. its amazing how we watch each other grow! flower

NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next