CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chocolate, Cranberry Oatmeal cookies

4 posters

Go down

Chocolate, Cranberry Oatmeal cookies Empty Chocolate, Cranberry Oatmeal cookies

Post by DreamMerchant 16th July 2010, 1:06 am

On my quest to keep as many chemicals out of my child's body, I decided to make her some cookies. She has been hollaring for cookies so I tried to concoct something for her. These can be used as a breakfast cookie too if you add walnuts instead of chocolate chips and press the dough into a baking pan and cut into squares or bars. I think we had a great time eating the dough. Be mindful to watch your dough mixture. If it gets to dry feelig or crumbly, do not force all of the oats into it. As a matter od fact, I used 2 2/3s cup oats. Experiment with the ingredients, add ground flax, wheat germ, hemp seeds, white chocolate chips or pumkin seeds.

I used parchment paper to drop the cookies on when I backed them. They did brown a little bit on the bottom. I did shape them into a cookie shape because I knew they would not "fall" into place but they did rise some.

They are based on the oatmeal raisin cookie recipe on the Quaker Oatmeal box. I made a few changes, so here's my version...

• 1 cup earth balance (this is a vegan butter but use whatever butter you want)
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1/3 cup agave syrup (you can get this from dillons or krogers or walmart)
  • Egg Replacer equivalent to two eggs (I used the Ener-G egg replacer)
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour (used unbleached)
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 3 cups old fashioned oats (minute oats work too)
  • 1/2 cup dried cranberries
  • 3/4 cup vegan chocolate chips

Blend together the margarine, sugar, and syrup until creamy. Add the egg replacer (already reconstituted) and vanilla, blend well. Slowly add the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt (combine these in a separate bowl first). Fold in the oats, cranberries, and chocolate chips.
Bake for 10 minutes in a 350 degree oven. Remove from oven and cool on cookie sheet for 2 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack
DreamMerchant
DreamMerchant

http://public.fotki.com/DreamMerchant/

Back to top Go down

Chocolate, Cranberry Oatmeal cookies Empty Re: Chocolate, Cranberry Oatmeal cookies

Post by ChrsLvsBks 16th July 2010, 11:29 am

Sounds delish, thanks for sharing!
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Chocolate, Cranberry Oatmeal cookies Empty Re: Chocolate, Cranberry Oatmeal cookies

Post by TerraD 16th July 2010, 11:36 am

Ooh-la-la! Thanks girly! These will definitely get put into my arsenal.
TerraD
TerraD

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 17th July 2010, 5:12 pm

I will certainly be trying these! They sound delicious. Smile
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down