CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need ideals for hair growth.

+4
ultinaturaldiva
Talisa3636
Estiscurls
Twisted~Vixen
8 posters

Go down

Need ideals for hair growth. Empty Need ideals for hair growth.

Post by Twisted~Vixen 15th July 2010, 11:33 pm

Hay Everyone,

I have recently enter the natural hair world on January 25, 2010, but I transitioned for a year. Since January I have spent time learning my hair and playing around with many different styles. Now however I am focused on it growing long and healthy. Through my transitioning time I could see how much my hair was growing, but now I can not and I am not sure if it is because it is not growing any more. I have started taking "Hair,Skin, and Nails Formula" vitamins to see it that would help and also using "Oil Olive Hair Growth Lotion". I can not say that I have seen result, but I have only used them for about a month now.

With all of this being said I was wondering if anyone could give me some things that worked well for their hair when it comes to growth; also I think I am about a 4a-4b hair type. Also if you have used either one of the things I mentioned above what are your reviews on it?

Your help would be greatly appreciated!!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Twisted~Vixen
Twisted~Vixen

Back to top Go down

Need ideals for hair growth. Empty Re: Need ideals for hair growth.

Post by Estiscurls 20th July 2010, 12:26 am

Get a routine down with a protective style and follow it consistently. Don't check for hair growth until six weeks. The style in your pic is perfect - just committ to wearing it like that, experimenting with different products, for, say, the whole summer. Come Labor Day you should see some definite growth.
Estiscurls
Estiscurls

Back to top Go down

Post by Talisa3636 21st July 2010, 9:19 pm

I think the key might be protective styling, a sealing regimen (water, creamy moisturizer and butter/oil), and a healthy diet with beneficial vitamins included! Ive incorporated more raw fruit and veggies in my diet which has really helped my skin, hair and body internally. I also take my vitamins daily or every other day if I forget lol (Garden of Life Raw One for women, flaxseed oil, odorless garlic which helps with shedding, MSM, Biotin in a vegetarian formula, Iron). So far it has been really helping me out. BTW your hair is very beautiful!
Talisa3636
Talisa3636

Back to top Go down

Post by ultinaturaldiva 22nd July 2010, 11:38 am

I too am trying to gain some length, as I have achieved my healthy hair goal.
I wear protective styles and I moisturise daily beacuse of my 4a-4b type - minimal curl pattern hair. I have found co washing with Aussie 3 Minute Miracle to be a TRUE MIRACLE! Talk about 'addidng some roo to your doo", as the advert says. It helps me to retain moisture and softness; it even detangles my hair with nothing but my fingers!! If your hair is truly in this category, you will love this product beacuse moisture will assist in maintaining your hair length.

ultinaturaldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by sonance 27th July 2010, 4:52 pm

I really need to start taking vitiamins more on a regular basis. It seems to be working for everyone and I really am ready to see my hair growing.
sonance
sonance

http://www.seriouslynatural.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver7eyez 20th August 2010, 7:46 am

Protective styles are meant to preserve the hair on your head while the new hair is growing in. Start with a basic routine then add stuff to it. Make sure your routine includes shampoo, conditioning, deep conditioning, protein treatments, and moisturizing (sealing). The most protective styles should involve little to no manipulation, and that includes your ends being tucked away. Twist, braids, and other styles of that nature, whether your hair or added hair work very well as long as they are not too tight. I hope this helps. flower
Silver7eyez
Silver7eyez

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephy0306 17th October 2010, 12:50 pm

Are braid outs considered a protective hairstyle, I use cantu shea butter leave in conditioner and coconut oil and braid it and then take it out in the morning. Is tht a good regimen to get my hair to grow? Crying or Very sad

Stephy0306

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 17th October 2010, 4:21 pm

question is...how long have u been "waiting" for ur hair to grow b/c it could be that ur hair is in the "resting" phase, but if ur hair is growing, but slow it could just be slowing down in growth...sometimes u could try some type of oil or scalp massage to stimulate the roots of ur hair and that could maybe wake up the growing process....try out ur options and see what works for u if this is ur case Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 17th October 2010, 5:56 pm

Stephy0306 wrote:Are braid outs considered a protective hairstyle, I use cantu shea butter leave in conditioner and coconut oil and braid it and then take it out in the morning. Is tht a good regimen to get my hair to grow? Crying or Very sad

Braidouts are not protective styles. If the hair is loose, i.e., braidout twist out, long and hanging, etc., it is in an unprotective state. Buns and other styles where the hair is tucked in/ends protected are protective styles. On average, hair grows between 1/2 inch and 3/4 inch per month. The problem MOST people have is not growth, but the lack of retention. In other words, the hair that grows in each month is lost through shedding, hair loss during detangling, etc. Don't focus on growth, rather focus on a healthy hair environment (see the hair challenge I posted yesterday). Unfortunately, most people want to apply some "miracle" product instead of incorporating the tried and true practices consistent with science/nutrition/genetics/behavioral practices. The short version: stay hydrated from the inside out,including keeping your hair moisturized, eat foods for the hair (protein, B vitamin and C vitamin foods, along with foods high in Magnesium, calcium, zinc, silica iron, folic acid. This is not an all inclusive list, but very important nutrients. Stay away from hair products that have the "bad" ingredients. Hope this helps. Youtube has all kind of hair vids. Look for updos.

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down