CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Edges Broke off

+3
Carolina Natural
butterfly3000
krys419
7 posters

Go down

Edges Broke off Empty Edges Broke off

Post by krys419 15th July 2010, 6:30 pm

Please I would appreciate tips, ideas, help, etc!
I got my braids done somewhere new and instead of boxbraids I got "individuals" (no boxes, so less of your hair in each braid). There was too much synthetic hair braided in with my edges, so they are kind of bald right there now [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I have some Shapley's MTG that I bought about a year ago and was never really consistent with it, so maybe I will use that then tell you how it goes. but I really need a tip for the next month so it grows.

I may possibly get a weave end of August so I need to have my front cover the tracks. If my edges are still gone it will be see through and not hide the front tracks

Any helpful products
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

krys419

Back to top Go down

Edges Broke off Empty Re: Edges Broke off

Post by krys419 18th July 2010, 3:54 pm

So no one here has ever had any hair thin off on parts of their hair?

i'm sure someone can help

krys419

Back to top Go down

Post by butterfly3000 23rd July 2010, 4:33 pm

Krys315,

Usually my edges break off from too tight braids or from over-processing when I was relaxed. They grow back pretty fast as long as I take care of them but unless your hair grows fast there isn't really a quick fix. In my opinion, I would just stay away from anything pulling on them for a while like weaves, braids, wigs, tight ponytails, non-satin scarves, etc. I recently had my friend do a braid style that I wore for about a week and a half and although she doesn't braid as tight as some of the braiding salons, it was still too tight for my edges to hold up. So I'm in the same predicament as you once again.....all for a low maintenance week and half! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
butterfly3000
butterfly3000

Back to top Go down

Post by Carolina Natural 23rd July 2010, 7:20 pm

Hey krs315 ,check out this thread. http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/grow-long-f9/castor-oil-and-edges-t48.htm?highlight=edges

There are a few more threads regarding edges. Good Luck!

Carolina Natural

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms Hood 23rd July 2010, 8:40 pm

A sew in w/ a cap worked wonders 4 me. I was in the same situation & just leaving my edges alone worked 4 me. They weren't braided, covered, slicked back, etc. I used Wild Growth Oil every couple days & that's it. No manipulation except 4 brushing the oil in. Abt a month was all it took 2 see results. Of course I take biotin supplements too...
Ms Hood
Ms Hood

Back to top Go down

Post by krys419 25th July 2010, 5:03 am

Butteerfly Thanks so much. I will just leave them alone

Carolina THANKS..some people mentioned Mega Tek (for horses) which is imilar to my MTG I've been using.

Ms Hood I will be getting a weave soon thanks. What exactly is a cap weave?

krys419

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturally Nu* 13th August 2010, 10:13 pm

I hear castor oil is great for stimulating growth...maybe grease up your edges at night?
Naturally Nu*
Naturally Nu*

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms Hood 13th August 2010, 10:20 pm

Sorry so late! A cap weave is when your hair is cornrowed and a mesh cap is sewed on top of the cornrows. You then sew the hair onto the cap. B/c my edges aren't actually cornrowed this way, they are out underneath the cap. Does this make sense? I feel like I just said a riddle...
Ms Hood
Ms Hood

Back to top Go down

Post by misstatum 21st August 2010, 10:45 pm

I would suggest Wild Growth Oil.....the smell is awful to me but I really think it gets the job done....I used it when I had relaxers and then went back after I took out my braids.....It's given me good results!!!

Good Luck!!
misstatum
misstatum

Back to top Go down

Post by TICTACTAN 22nd August 2010, 10:00 am

I have very tempermental edges and the one product that gives me quick results is Nioxin folicle booster. Nope, it isnt all natural but IT WORKS! I wear extensions about 3 times a year and my edges thin on one side each and every time but when i use the folicle booster my hair begins to noticeably fill in within two to three weeks. Your hair can become dependent on it so be sure to baby that area once you are ready to discontinue use of the product.

It can be purchased at ULTA and some salons carry that brand.
TICTACTAN
TICTACTAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down