CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WnG question

5 posters

Go down

WnG question Empty WnG question

Post by Naturalin2010 14th July 2010, 12:26 pm

Hello ladies. I BC'd recently and have been constantly putting moisturizers in my hair to make the dryness go away. So far it has been working. It doesn't feel as "strawy" and like a brillo pad. I'm also starting to get tight little ringlets all over my head. I know they're not naps because when I stretch them it has like a coil shape and snaps back in the ringlets ( I hope this makes sense) Anyhoo, my question is 1) how do I make them softer and 2) how can I go out of the house without the products showing in my hair. This is what I do, twice a day, I spray my hair with my water bottle until damp, put BH Moisture Maniac conditioner and then rub some EVOO to seal. I've gotten good results doing them. Sometimes at night, I may mixed some CD Moisture Milk to my EVOO. This is my WnG routine. It works fine, if I don't have to go anywhere. But, how can I do this without looking like a ghost head [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Naturalin2010
Naturalin2010

http://kaynatural1.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

WnG question Empty Re: WnG question

Post by tiashaunteé 14th July 2010, 1:47 pm

You are going to have to give it time. A lot of reading of blogs and forums has reflected that dryness is common after a BC. Keep deep conditioning on a regular basis and keep in mind that results will take time. As far as I know there are not any overnight instant treatments for dryness.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturalin2010 14th July 2010, 2:12 pm

Thanks for the response. I'll keep doing what I'm doing. I know. It's going to take some time. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] It's just hard and frustrating. But, I'm learning alot each day and having this online support helps out alot.
Naturalin2010
Naturalin2010

http://kaynatural1.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 15th July 2010, 12:10 am

I bc'ed about 2 weeks ago and I have baggied overnight a couple of times to help with the dryness. I'm in the same boat as you. Sometimes you can see product in my hair when I wash and go. If it's too bad, I just rinse & try again or do a light rinse-just enough to wash away the excess then use a tshirt to blot my hair. We just have to keep at it until we figure out the right amount of product to use to get the results we want. Good luck!
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by MzLaLaRochelle 15th July 2010, 12:29 pm

Something that has helped me combat the dryness, especially after co-washing is leaving the conditioner in my hair (something I never used to do). But make sure it's your good conditioner (not your cheapie one). Then I apply some sort of oil (either EVCO, EVOO, or JBCO) all over my head. I wrap it with a T-shirt while I get dressed and when I'm done the hair is beautiful, soft, & moisturized & remains that way all day. If there is excess product, as freckledmom4 mentioned, I blot those areas a little extra with a T-shirt or maybe go under for another light rinse in the sink (with of course more t-shirt blotting). I noticed when I put a heavy cream on my hair while it's damp, then my hair will look white/coated with product; so I stay away from that. If my hair needs an extra boost during the day, I spritz with either DevaCurl Set It Free Moisture lock spray (a tiny 3oz bottle I carry in my purse, plain water, or Jane Carter leave-in conditioner. Hope this helps!
MzLaLaRochelle
MzLaLaRochelle

http://public.fotki.com/MzLaLaRochelle/

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 15th July 2010, 2:20 pm

Love your avi MzLaLaRochelle [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] !
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweet Tee 17th July 2010, 1:39 am

I'm new at this, but for me,
leaving conditioner in my hair
is working very well.

I have not started using curl-specific
products yet,
but I use 2 cheapie condishes
as well as a hair mold product