CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Layered Cuts

2 posters

Go down

Layered Cuts Empty Layered Cuts

Post by TriniCherryPrincess 13th July 2010, 4:12 pm

I'm planning on straightening (flat iron) my hair in a few months and have been considering getting a v-shape cut. I've never done it before and I'm wondering if anyone here has. If so, does your hair ever grow back to normal or do you have to keep cutting to eventually get the layered look out? I'm only asking because I'm unsure of how I'll like it or how long I'll be willing to stick with it. Also, how does a layered cut on straight hair look once the hair is back in a curly state?
Sorry for all the questions, thanks in advance! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
TriniCherryPrincess
TriniCherryPrincess

http://www.AllThingsLena.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Layered Cuts Empty Re: Layered Cuts

Post by Raytay 14th July 2010, 4:24 pm

I did a layered cut and I loved it when it was straight but it looked silly when it was curly.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

It was too much of a hassle to keep it straight and I felt like I was having to put heat on my hair waaaay too much, so I eventually grew it out. That was about 2 years ago. My hair grew back fast but awkardly. Right now the ends of my hair are noticably thinner because of how my hair was cut (notice the ends of my twists) and the crown of my hair is MUCH shorter than the rest.

This makes for styles that arent "full" looking in the back because its still in the shape of the cut for the most part. This is the reason I usually keep my hair pulled back. Anyhow, I dont think the cut is a bad decision- I loved mine, and would do it all over again if I had the choice. Just know that if/when you grow it back it might be awkward.

Hope that helps!
(Hopefully these pictures show up! I've never done this before)
Raytay
Raytay

Back to top Go down

Post by TriniCherryPrincess 14th July 2010, 6:12 pm

Thanks, and the pictures are great. I figured the cut would grow back in kind of awkward...and that it'd look different when curly. I think I'm still going to go for it.
TriniCherryPrincess
TriniCherryPrincess

Back to top Go down

Post by Raytay 14th July 2010, 6:27 pm

Good! I'm glad you're going to go for it. I'm sure it will be cute and edgy. Be sure to post pics! Wink
Raytay
Raytay

Back to top Go down

Post by TriniCherryPrincess 14th July 2010, 7:03 pm

Thanks and I will, right here if I can find this post again by then. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
TriniCherryPrincess
TriniCherryPrincess

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down