CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need a Big sis !!/Transitioning Tonic

3 posters

Go down

Need a Big sis !!/Transitioning Tonic Empty Need a Big sis !!/Transitioning Tonic

Post by britbrat2288 7th July 2010, 1:20 am

Hi everyone!

I just decided to go natural 3 days ago. I am going to get kinky twist by the end of August. I feel overwhelmed by all the information about natural hair. I have had relaxed hair since I was 7. Does anyone have some great tips for a newbie? Also, I have been thinking about buying a kit from curlmart. com called Transitioning Tonic. Is that a good idea?

Thanks!!!

britbrat2288

Back to top Go down

Need a Big sis !!/Transitioning Tonic Empty Re: Need a Big sis !!/Transitioning Tonic

Post by LittleOne 7th July 2010, 3:31 am

Congratulations on deciding to transition! What do you mean by kinky twists? With extensions or with just your hair? Either way, the Transitioning Tonic kit is full of products that might work well, but that you may not need.

Twists are low maintenance. You just need a gentle shampoo and a water based moisturizer. If the moisturizer doesn't contain an oil or shea butter near the top of the list, you will need to buy one of those to seal moisture in. Miss Jessie's Curly Meringue is a good example of a water based moisturizer that has a "sealant". It has mineral oil though and some people don't like that.
LittleOne
LittleOne

Back to top Go down

Need a Big sis !!/Transitioning Tonic Empty Re: Need a Big sis !!/Transitioning Tonic

Post by britbrat2288 9th July 2010, 1:40 am

Thanks for the advice! I will be getting kinky twist with extensions. I bought some items at my local stores. hopefully everything works out. I heard finding the right product is trial and error.

britbrat2288

Back to top Go down

Post by netta 9th July 2010, 1:52 pm

Remember when you get your Kinky Twists to keep your scalp moistured. Also do not use too many products in your hair, less is more. Hope this helps. I can be a big sis if u want.
netta
netta

http://publicfotki.com/netta315/

Back to top Go down

Post by britbrat2288 10th July 2010, 9:31 pm

Hey Netta,
Thanks for the advice I will defintely keep them mositurized.I would love for you to help me out!

britbrat2288

Back to top Go down

Post by netta 10th July 2010, 10:51 pm

no problem ! Great !
netta
netta

http://publicfotki.com/netta315/

Back to top Go down

Post by britbrat2288 7th August 2010, 6:37 pm

hey Netta [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] :

I just got my kinky twist done this week. Do I need to mix up or buy a spritz for my twists? I have been using oil on my scalp.

Thanks [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

britbrat2288

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down