CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which products to use for a flawless flexi set?

4 posters

Go down

Which products to use for a flawless flexi set? Empty Which products to use for a flawless flexi set?

Post by RissyCurls 5th July 2010, 2:48 pm

Hello Curly Girlies!

Here is my dilemma, I want to achieve a great flexi set on my natural hair using only products I already have. I have attempted a flexi set before using Lotta Body setting lotion diluted with water but it resulted in a dry, frizzy mess. I'm pretty sure a lot of you own some of the products I have and can give me advice on which ones will create a good set. This is what I have:

* Curls Goddess Glaze
* Curls Lavish Curls (from Target)
* Taliah Waajid Protective Mist Bodifier
* Taliah Waajid Kinky, Wavy, Natural Easy Herbal Comb Out
* Taliah Waajid Kinky, Wavy, Natural Style and Shine
* Shea Moisture Coconut and Hibiscus Curl Enhancing Smoothie
* Ecostyler gel
* Aloe Vera Juice and gel
* Aussie Moist conditioner
* Shea butter
* Coconut oil
* Jojoba oil
* Sweet almond oil
* Castor oil
* Peppermint, lavender, and rosemary essential oils

It's a lot of products and I don't know what to use. Please chime in and tell me your experiences with any of these products and setting your hair on flexi rods or any other rollers.

P.S. This is my very first post!

RissyCurls

Back to top Go down

Which products to use for a flawless flexi set? Empty Re: Which products to use for a flawless flexi set?

Post by NikG20 6th July 2010, 8:24 pm

Hmm...I haven't used any of those products but...

I would probably apply your moisturizer/leave in first, then either use the Curls Goddess Glaze or Ecostyler Gel. Be careful about mixing the gels with shea butters because if you put too much you will get a little residue. I have gotten great results on my daughters hair with sheabutter/coconut oil mix and ORS Lock & Twist Gel. I'd PROBABLY try the ecostyler first but again, I have not tried it. Good luck!!! Post pics. Smile
NikG20
NikG20

http://www.beadsbraidsbeyond.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Which products to use for a flawless flexi set? Empty Re: Which products to use for a flawless flexi set?

Post by NaturalNixon 9th July 2010, 4:07 pm

I have done a flexi rod set as well as a regular roller set. I have used lotta body and a leave in conditoner(giovianni direct leave in). Both worked out just fine. My hair gets really curly when applying products so rolling papers had to be used to make sure my ends was smooth. Sometime using less is best. Post a pic of your hair so we can see what you are working with chica!!
NaturalNixon
NaturalNixon

Back to top Go down

Post by gennatay 10th July 2010, 11:35 am

Im going to try using the ECO gel custard mix. ECO Gel, coconut oil, Olive Oil and aloe vera gel...
gennatay
gennatay

http://lifeamateur.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RissyCurls 13th July 2010, 2:10 am

Thanks for the advice ladies! I haven't done the flexi set yet because I have been busy, lazy, and I know its going to take a long time.

RissyCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down