CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+80
creolebeauty1
cagebird
ajsimmons8
NylaCoils
Mandi'sGoneCurly!
MsVera
CurlyNMixed
FalconTress
DreamMerchant
Zatubi
butterfly3000
BrownSkinDiva
curlyjannah
MicaiahTy
CA*Nappy
QuirkyCurly
ShortNSassie
bholmes87
cutie_curli
luvinlife225
marhia
naturalgirl
naturalchic
EmbracingNaturalMe
Janet36603
priceless
ForeverCurlyCatrina
lovelyloved789
makeupvixen
poeticlyspkng
BajanPrincess82
TriniCherryPrincess
PaganWifey
NaturalHairYes2009
aj72crane
dawn1980
Talisa3636
CurlyKye
Carolina Natural
4EverNatural
whereswentz!
ULTIMATELYdriven.
xtremelyperfect
Morshaye
swoodward
Naturalin2010
naturalagain2
KinkyNappyHappy
summerbreeze76
NaturalTina
Sequoia
cdhar2
ftiffrenee
WhosThatRedHead
Natural-In_Me
lena73
brownsugar09
gigihaitiancurly
Naturalpenny
MissFierce21
elleeccentric
kdenise
Beautifulyfe
jcanalena79
QuietButterfly
ChrsLvsBks
CurlsGalore
BlondeByDesire
Juices-n-Berries
DvaAuNaturel
CurlyChefRobin
Niqui36
krazy coils
Lynnieluve
tiashaunteƩ
LadyMika
CrissyQ
CocaColaCutie
AfrikanLatina
Tinkie
84 posters

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Go down

........ - Page 10 Empty Re: ........

Post by Zatubi 29th September 2010, 3:05 pm

LadyMika - Thanks much - it's very helpful.

Zatubi

http://zatubi99@yahoo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MsVera 1st October 2010, 11:56 pm

Where in the world have I been?! I'm so giving this a try in a few days. Got some LOTD AVG and some different oil ordered today. Was wondering about different ways to use it!! Can't wait. I'll have to try KCKT, but will have to wait on that. For now I believe I'll try it with either GFTN Leave-in or GDLI.
MsVera
MsVera

Back to top Go down

Post by MsVera 6th October 2010, 10:01 pm

Just finished making my first batch up! Actually, I did double it though and used a rinse-out conditioner that I already use as a leave-in.....Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Fortifying Conditioner. I used AVG instead of juice and replaced the oils with Olive and Avocado. I would use the GF Sleek & Shine LI, but it contains silicones.
Oh and I should also mention, I did add 1/4 tsp. of Rosemary EO. The leftovers I plan on keeping in the fridge.
Which brings a question to mind. I keep reading that this should be all used up in one setting because of lack of preservatives. If that is the case, than if you only wash 1x a week than wouldn't the LI go bad in your hair? I should hope not! Seems to me that if the conditioner (and possibly the Aloe Vera) you use has preservatives than why would it go bad...at least in the fridge? The Aloe I have needs to be refrigerated after opening which is why I am keeping the LI there.

PS. Am I the only one that notices the not-so-pleasant smell from Aloe Vera Gel? I just received my gel this week...brand "Lily of the Desert'. Ack!!

Can't wait to try it out tonight! I'll be sure to update Smile
MsVera
MsVera

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandi'sGoneCurly! 16th January 2011, 3:52 am

BUMP!
Mandi'sGoneCurly!
Mandi'sGoneCurly!

Back to top Go down

Post by NylaCoils 16th January 2011, 11:13 am

@MSVera-I made a batch and was able to keep it in the fridge for about a week before using.
Also, you know she wets her hair midweek (after 3-4 days) and re-applies the mixture to her hair. The re-application could be used for the leftovers. Hope that helps- then maybe someone else will chime in
NylaCoils
NylaCoils

http://coilyencounters.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ajsimmons8 16th January 2011, 5:28 pm

@MsVera, with the Aloe Vera Gel, it's basically water which is why it needs to be preserved in the fridge to avoid bacteria from growing in it. A friend of mine who makes all natural soaps and is a herbalist said : " the base of aloe vera is H20. anything with a water in it, is going to need a preservative (unless you refrigerated and use within 4-6 weeks)"

Since I only make 1 batch at a time, I have kept the left-overs in my fridge for 1 week with no problem.
ajsimmons8
ajsimmons8

Back to top Go down

Post by cagebird 16th January 2011, 9:29 pm

Hello all,
I am a newbie to the boards, and I have been using the Kimmaytube leave in for about 3 weeks now. I love the way it makes my hair feel.
cagebird
cagebird

http://www.darkerthanbrown.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandi'sGoneCurly! 16th January 2011, 9:36 pm

cagebird wrote:Hello all,
I am a newbie to the boards, and I have been using the Kimmaytube leave in for about 3 weeks now. I love the way it makes my hair feel.

Welcome! Do you use the exact recipe?
Mandi'sGoneCurly!
Mandi'sGoneCurly!

Back to top Go down

Post by ajsimmons8 16th January 2011, 10:01 pm

Welcome Cagebird Very Happy
ajsimmons8
ajsimmons8

Back to top Go down

Post by creolebeauty1 16th January 2011, 11:39 pm

I'm fairly new have been using it for maybe 4 months instead of KCC i use the Giovanni leave in and i love the results i have experienced
creolebeauty1
creolebeauty1

Back to top Go down

Post by FalconTress 17th January 2011, 12:01 am

I have been using it since Septeber 2010 and it really helps keep my hair smooth. I usually combine the ingredients that Kim suggests. I have tried substituting wheat germ oil & hemp seed oil for a portion of the other oils. It still did a good job, but it was not as creamy. This weekend I made a small batch using Kiehl's Creme with Silk Groom (instead of the KCKT) plus the wheat germ oil & the hemp seed oil. It was as creamy as the original and it left my hair soft and moisturized. I will probably use this between wash days until the Kiehl's runs out.

I use Lily of the Desert Aloe Vera Juice because I wanted to replicate what was in the Kimmaytube video to see how it felt on my hair ( I refrigerate the mix and stir it before each use). I have some Trader Joe's AV Gel and I will probably experiment making a batch with that using some of the commercial conditioners that are left in my stash when it gets warmer and I go back to washing 2X/week.

HTH

FalconTress

Back to top Go down

Post by cagebird 17th January 2011, 10:44 am

Mandi'sGoneCurly! wrote:
cagebird wrote:Hello all,

Welcome! Do you use the exact recipe?
Thanks for the welcome Mandi'sGoneCurly! Yes I use the exact recipe. I even measure the ingredients just as Kimmaytube instructed us to do.
cagebird
cagebird

Back to top Go down

Post by sjoyreed 18th January 2011, 5:46 pm

I'm going to try that on my little one's hair. I wonder if I can get a 2-3 day braid out from it?
sjoyreed
sjoyreed

Back to top Go down

Post by Sakura 30th January 2011, 8:02 pm

I've tried something different with the kimmay tube leave in. Normally I use aloe juice. But instead I tried aloe gel because i bought some to mix with my shea butter. It makes the mixture a little thicker but it works the same.

My hair continues to love this stuff. I use Giovanni direct leave in normally, though the kinky curly knot today works well for me too.

In the last batch i made I replaced the castor oil with wheat germ oil and my hair still loves it. I don't think my hair will ever be the same without this stuff.

Sakura
Sakura

Back to top Go down

Post by Karyn 30th January 2011, 8:07 pm

i actually like this leave-in and have been using it for like two/three weeks now. it is REALLY watery and i had my doubts, but it's actually nice. i use the giovanni direct leave in instead of kckt. i use it everyday though
Karyn
Karyn

Back to top Go down

Post by cagebird 30th January 2011, 10:09 pm

ajsimmons8 wrote:Welcome Cagebird Very Happy
I know I'm a bit late, but thanks for the welcome!!! Very Happy
cagebird
cagebird

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 1st February 2011, 1:41 pm

4EverNatural wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Help Me....I mixed a batch of the leave in and used it under my wash n go before applying KCCC. When my hair dried it was white [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] . I used the following: KCNT,Aloe Vera Gel, Lisa's Hair Elixer, and castor oil.

it's the cd product because it is soybean based if i memory serves correctly. soybean oil just sits on the hair.
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sakura 1st February 2011, 11:09 pm

Karyn wrote:i actually like this leave-in and have been using it for like two/three weeks now. it is REALLY watery and i had my doubts, but it's actually nice. i use the giovanni direct leave in instead of kckt. i use it everyday though
Aloe Gel gives you the same results but with a thicker consistency of the mix. I prefer it with the gel now- I use Giovanni Direct leave in as well.
Sakura
Sakura

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum