CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+80
creolebeauty1
cagebird
ajsimmons8
NylaCoils
Mandi'sGoneCurly!
MsVera
CurlyNMixed
FalconTress
DreamMerchant
Zatubi
butterfly3000
BrownSkinDiva
curlyjannah
MicaiahTy
CA*Nappy
QuirkyCurly
ShortNSassie
bholmes87
cutie_curli
luvinlife225
marhia
naturalgirl
naturalchic
EmbracingNaturalMe
Janet36603
priceless
ForeverCurlyCatrina
lovelyloved789
makeupvixen
poeticlyspkng
BajanPrincess82
TriniCherryPrincess
PaganWifey
NaturalHairYes2009
aj72crane
dawn1980
Talisa3636
CurlyKye
Carolina Natural
4EverNatural
whereswentz!
ULTIMATELYdriven.
xtremelyperfect
Morshaye
swoodward
Naturalin2010
naturalagain2
KinkyNappyHappy
summerbreeze76
NaturalTina
Sequoia
cdhar2
ftiffrenee
WhosThatRedHead
Natural-In_Me
lena73
brownsugar09
gigihaitiancurly
Naturalpenny
MissFierce21
elleeccentric
kdenise
Beautifulyfe
jcanalena79
QuietButterfly
ChrsLvsBks
CurlsGalore
BlondeByDesire
Juices-n-Berries
DvaAuNaturel
CurlyChefRobin
Niqui36
krazy coils
Lynnieluve
tiashaunteƩ
LadyMika
CrissyQ
CocaColaCutie
AfrikanLatina
Tinkie
84 posters

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

........ - Page 6 Empty Re: ........

Post by swoodward 18th July 2010, 10:34 pm

I think this leave-in is supposed to add moisture and close the cuticle of the hair. I break it down in my mind like this:
kckt - detangling/moisture factor
aloe vera juice - more moisture, ph balance same as hair to close cuticle
jojoba oil - is just like the natural oils in your scalp. if you are like me, the first 1/2 inch of your hair growing out of your scalp is fab - natural oils reach that part easily. jojoba oil will coat and moisturize the rest of your hair.
castor oil - heavy moisture plus sealing

After using this a couple times I am going to back off the extra stuff i used to put in and will adjust the amount I do. I don't need as much now.

Hope this helps!!!
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by swoodward 18th July 2010, 10:35 pm

@ CCR, it is amazing!!!!
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by Carolina Natural 20th July 2010, 3:24 pm

I made this leave-in yesterday after reading all the post. I did a henna/indigo treatment Sunday and I guess I used to much amla powder as my acid because my scalp had a funky burning/itching sensation during and after the treatment.

Well since kimmay's leave-in is ph balanced I decided to give it a shot to see if it would help balance my buring scap and it did. I followed her diretions and applied it after I washed & conditioned my hair with Giovanni Smooth as Silk conditioner. After I rinsed it out I applied the homemade leave-in and did a twist-n-curl. Woke up this morning with soft and shinny hair and thank the good Lord no burning. I still have the itches, but I will take that any day over all that darn burning. Shout out to kimmay!

Plus, one batch made enough for about 4 applications & since I can use any condtioner I don't have to order anything online. I'm trying to get away from online products because shipping & handeling is ridiculous. I just happening to have the knot today leave-in since I'm a pj and wanted to try it any. Luckily, I didn't give it away because it didn't work for me alone.

Carolina Natural

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyKye 20th July 2010, 7:22 pm

I have been using Kimmaytube's leave-in mixture religiously for the past month and I am so pleased with the consistent results. I measure in tbsp & tsp since I don't have a scale and do apply Ecostyler over it if I need more hold...I'm loving it.

This style was done using the leave-in mixture and Ecostyler on a twistout.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
CurlyKye
CurlyKye

Back to top Go down

Post by elleeccentric 20th July 2010, 8:59 pm

GORGEOUS twist out CurlyKye! This mixture is the TRUTH!
elleeccentric
elleeccentric

http://twitter.com/elleeccentric

Back to top Go down

Post by swoodward 21st July 2010, 8:24 pm

She says she may write a book. Can't wait!
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by Talisa3636 21st July 2010, 9:30 pm

I hope to try it when I grab some aloe vera jelly next time im in vitamin shoppe or whole foods! I have some EVCO ive been infusing for a few weeks to mix with aloe vera jelly to put on my scalp but Im glad I can use it on my whole hair! I will probably use KBB hair milk as the creamy base but im not a fan of the smell of castor oil but I might add it if the smell isnt pronounced!
Talisa3636
Talisa3636

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyChefRobin 21st July 2010, 10:26 pm

I left it in the fridge. Anyone have any idea how long it keeps?
CurlyChefRobin
CurlyChefRobin

http://www.cookingwithcareonline.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 22nd July 2010, 10:41 am

@Talisa, love the avatar! I hope you check out the Curly DC Meet-Up board. Another meetup is being planned.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dawn1980 22nd July 2010, 12:07 pm

Curlykye that TO is absolutely gorgeous. You have convinced me to try this this weekend!!!

dawn1980

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyKye 22nd July 2010, 10:34 pm

Thanks all so much for the compliments!

Talisa3636 wrote:I hope to try it when I grab some aloe vera jelly next time im in vitamin shoppe or whole foods! I have some EVCO ive been infusing for a few weeks to mix with aloe vera jelly to put on my scalp but Im glad I can use it on my whole hair! I will probably use KBB hair milk as the creamy base but im not a fan of the smell of castor oil but I might add it if the smell isnt pronounced!

Talisa..just an FYI, I tried to mix the KBB hair milk with it and it just wasn't the same as when I used the KCKT. Honestly, I LOVE KBB hair milk and it was my holy grail until I found this recipe (it's actually still my backup), but I must say, mixing these ingredients into it, didn't give me the results...KBB was better left using as is. I'd definitely try the mix out with KBB and then KCKT if you're interesting in seeing if you can tell the difference as well...can't hurt. BUT I definitely think you'll prefer it with the KCKT.

Please keep me posted on your thoughts once you try them. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

ETA: About the castor oil smell, IMO, you can't smell it once you mix everything together...it still smells like the KCKT or I guess whatever other condish you use. HTH [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by CurlyKye on 22nd July 2010, 10:41 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Comment about the smell of the castor oil)
CurlyKye
CurlyKye

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyKye 22nd July 2010, 10:38 pm

CurlyChefRobin wrote:I left it in the fridge. Anyone have any idea how long it keeps?

Hey CurlyChef...She mentions in the comments section of her vid I think that it could last 3-4 days so you could refrigerate the leftovers if you plan to restyle your hair within that timeframe.
CurlyKye
CurlyKye

Back to top Go down

Post by Talisa3636 22nd July 2010, 10:47 pm

Hi CurlyKye! Thank you for the advice, I just now saw it and I have aready made the mix! I put the mix in my hair about 40min ago with the KBB hair milk, castor oil, lily of the desert aloe vera gel (so it wont be to runny) and the infused coconut oil. The mix actually turned out pretty well! Your 100% right about the castor oil, I was surprised that i didnt smell it and even added a tad bit more hehe. I gave away my knot today to my cousin to use on her toddler a month ago and I felt like using up my hair milk but when all my product runs out, ill hit up the knot today again in the future!

Last edited by Talisa3636 on 22nd July 2010, 11:14 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : putting in the correct aloe vera brand!)
Talisa3636
Talisa3636

Back to top Go down

Post by Talisa3636 22nd July 2010, 10:48 pm

What made you like the knot today more than the kbb hair milk in the mix, CurlyKye?
Talisa3636
Talisa3636

Back to top Go down

Post by Talisa3636 22nd July 2010, 10:49 pm

ChrsLvsBks wrote:@Talisa, love the avatar! I hope you check out the Curly DC Meet-Up board. Another meetup is being planned.

Thank you!! I wanted to come to the meetup for the 7th but I will be out of town for that weekend, you all have fun!!
Talisa3636
Talisa3636

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyChefRobin 23rd July 2010, 12:57 am

CurlyKye wrote:
CurlyChefRobin wrote:I left it in the fridge. Anyone have any idea how long it keeps?

Hey CurlyChef...She mentions in the comments section of her vid I think that it could last 3-4 days so you could refrigerate the leftovers if you plan to restyle your hair within that timeframe.

Thanks! I used it for about 5 days after. It was wrapped up and seemed fine but my hair isn't nearly as long as hers and I didn't want to waste it. Hopefully I didn't cause any problems. I haven't noticed any though.
CurlyChefRobin
CurlyChefRobin

Back to top Go down

Post by aj72crane 23rd July 2010, 1:16 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I Keep hearing great reviews about this leave-in...does it help with dryness? I am newly natural (July 10th) and I am expierencing some terrible dryness.

Please Help!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

aj72crane

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturalHairYes2009 23rd July 2010, 2:24 pm

I just brought the products online and I am waiting for their arrival. I did support Kimmaytube by going on her website www.luvnaturals.com and purchased her PH strips and they are great! I will soon buy more from her. Ladies, please support her business by going to the website. It only took 2 days for arrival and she PERSONALLY wrote a letter to me and the package that she placed it in was soooooo classy.

Once I recieve my products in the mail, I will give a review on her MIX. I can't wait!

NaturalHairYes2009

Back to top Go down

Post by Talisa3636 23rd July 2010, 2:33 pm

I put the mix in my hair last night and today it feels soft (its normally soft and smooth) but not as moisturized at I thought it would be!! I used KBB hair milk btw so that might have an impact on the results. Tonight im going to add more aloe vera and coconut oil to my remainder and try again on my next batch.

Congratulations on being newly natural aj72crane!!
Talisa3636
Talisa3636

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 23rd July 2010, 2:56 pm

Ladies...

Check this out. I mixed the KT Leave-in Conditioner before I co-washed my hair. I would say it stayed in the refrigerator about 10 no more than 15 minutes.

So after I detangled I applied the KT Leave-in conditioner ~ which by then is COLD!!! Can I say my curls were popin all over the place.

So, now I have a question...do you think I can do a washNgo with just the KT leave-in?
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyChefRobin 23rd July 2010, 6:39 pm

At least for me I can tell a major difference in dryness. I was moisturizing three times a day and now I may add a little just to refreshen my curls but my hair is so soft and moisturized for 2-3 days. I can never keep a style more than day 3 anyway.. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

aj72crane wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I Keep hearing great reviews about this leave-in...does it help with dryness? I am newly natural (July 10th) and I am expierencing some terrible dryness.

CurlyChefRobin
CurlyChefRobin

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturalin2010 23rd July 2010, 7:59 pm

CurlyChefRobin wrote:At least for me I can tell a major difference in dryness. I was moisturizing three times a day and now I may add a little just to refreshen my curls but my hair is so soft and moisturized for 2-3 days. I can never keep a style more than day 3 anyway.. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

aj72crane wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I Keep hearing great reviews about this leave-in...does it help with dryness? I am newly natural (July 10th) and I am expierencing some terrible dryness.

@CurlyChefRobin - when you say you were moisturizing 3x a day, what did you use and how? Did you do spritzer or actually put some kind cream based moisturizer in.

*waving* @aj72crane!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Naturalin2010
Naturalin2010

http://kaynatural1.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyChefRobin 23rd July 2010, 10:08 pm

Naturalin2010 wrote:
CurlyChefRobin wrote:At least for me I can tell a major difference in dryness. I was moisturizing three times a day and now I may add a little just to refreshen my curls but my hair is so soft and moisturized for 2-3 days. I can never keep a style more than day 3 anyway.. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

@CurlyChefRobin - when you say you were moisturizing 3x a day, what did you use and how? Did you do spritzer or actually put some kind cream based moisturizer in.

*waving* @aj72crane!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Hi Natualin - I was using a water based creme moisturizer and I would seal with EVOO. I only used the EVOO once a day though (In the evening before bed). The moisturizer had cones in it and I wanted to see how well my hair did without them so once I used up that bottle I wanted to try this. It is working very well!!!
CurlyChefRobin
CurlyChefRobin

Back to top Go down

Post by swoodward 24th July 2010, 11:12 pm

Uh oh, I made 2 batches last week and refrigerated them. I hope they last longer than 5 days! Yikes. That's too expensive to break down so quickly!
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by PaganWifey 24th July 2010, 11:52 pm

I'm intrigued. Of course this would come about AFTER I've decided to loc my hair. Oh well. I shall try it one day I'm sure.
PaganWifey
PaganWifey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum