CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LILQueen needs a Big Queen :)

3 posters

Go down

LILQueen needs a Big Queen :) Empty LILQueen needs a Big Queen :)

Post by MissQueen 24th June 2010, 11:18 pm

HI!!!!!

This was me last summer this time, my hair stays short so I'm not looking for lenght per se' just health
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Everyone my name is Queen and I am transitioning, I' have been since about November of last year, but I kinda just left it alone.....seriously I washed it once or twice and that was it-It was hidden under some wigs until about 2 months ago...(I think) I then got it straightened with the hot comb and off to the braider I went....
I had some corn rows(weaved) put into my hair...They were nice but my temples didn't like them very much
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

My hair is naturally curly I mean like JERRY CURL curly thanks to my dad, me and my middle brother have this type of hair, not so much my youngest he has SUPER COARSE hair like my mother...whom has yet to embrace her FUN natural hair! I love it because its so much texture....ANYWHO
This is me right after I took the braid out with a wash and dry-My twa
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

This is how I have been wearing it recently I just give it a drink every other morning and head out[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I'm interested in learning regimines and products used, My father has HEAVY native American blood which is where his waves and curls come from(combination of native american and african american, hence I have the same TYPE of hair....
My hair does take heat well, although I do not care for it, I like my naturally curly state, how can I bring my curls out MORE even though its short?
Help a Queen out Smile
MissQueen
MissQueen

Back to top Go down

LILQueen needs a Big Queen :) Empty Re: LILQueen needs a Big Queen :)

Post by LittleOne 6th July 2010, 5:23 pm

I have not had a TWA, so that's my disclaimer :0

But, it seems to me that it's difficult to get a soft AND defined twa. People usually seem to have one or the other. I would experiment with gels if I were you. Mix a good leave-in (ex. Giovanni Direct or Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine) and some gel (ex. Ecostyler or Herbal Essences Set me Up). Then let it dry without touching it at all. Also, you must spray your hair with water or a water based moisturizer EVERY day. That's the way to revive curls, no matter what length.

Also, henna literally took my hair from 4b/c to 3c/4a. I know people debate whether or not henna works or if the mess is worth it. I'm telling you it works, and the mess is worth it Definitely worth it if it makes your twa life easier. Let me know if you want more specifics... hairliberty@gmail.com. Good luck!
LittleOne
LittleOne

Back to top Go down

Post by MsAnkh 7th July 2010, 11:18 am

I believe I have very similiar hair as you and what i did is exactly what LittleOne suggested. I cowashed or washed but in a leave in and then i used eco-styler gel or ic fantasia gel and my curls just popped. I revived the curls with water daily and it worked wonderfully. I rocked that curly twa proudly. I believe your hair is long enough that you can start playing with twist outs and things like that. My naturally curly hair would take a twist out after day 2 or 3 and turn into beautiful coils that some thought were locs from far away. Its all about trial and error. Try the gel and shingling method, its probably the trick you are looking for. Oh I also used Herbal Essence totally twisted and it also made my curls pop (and you can use that one as a leave in if you arent trying to stray away from cones)!
MsAnkh
MsAnkh

Back to top Go down

Post by MissQueen 19th July 2010, 10:31 pm

@ LittleOne Thanks! I am trying to figure out what to put in my spray bottle now....any suggestions I am open

@MsAnkh I think I am going to do the twist out this coming weekend, maybe make a youtube out of it or something

Thank you BOTH for the great advice!
MissQueen
MissQueen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down