Don't take anything for granted

Go down

Don't take anything for granted

Post by AfrikanLatina on 24th June 2010, 10:57 pm

What one thing did you take for granted before you had children?

For me it was definitely being able to grab my keys, wallet, and lipgloss and running out the door without a second worry that I've forgotten something. As a mom we all know you have to have a second change of clothes, diapers, wipes, toys, sippy cup, breastfeeding coverup, etc. etc. etc. It's like packing to go out of town just to leave the house for a 15 minute trip.

I also took for granted being able to shower whenever I wanted to and not on babys time. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
AfrikanLatina

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

Re: Don't take anything for granted

Post by Lynnieluve on 24th June 2010, 11:21 pm

I agree with all of the above!! Sometimes I just wait until Hubby gets home or get him to stop at the store on the way home. I think to myself, "Is it really worth the 45 minutes its gonna take to get us dress to run out for 10 minutes?" Most time the answer is "Nah!" [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I took for granted "me time" Oh how I long for "me time" [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

My Curl Street Journal

My Fotki

My Youtube Channel
Lynnieluve

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by newcurlieque on 25th June 2010, 5:56 pm

I definitely took the "me time" for granted.

My me time is not sneaking out of the house to go to Walmart or the super market that 1 min from my house. That's if I make it past my daughter w/o her realizing I"m leaving. And i miss the grown up alone time lol.

Last edited by newcurlieque on 25th June 2010, 8:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
newcurlieque

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ on 25th June 2010, 7:30 pm

O ladies i so agree witha ll of you. Just taking a hot shower is something I miss. I have a 9 year old so he helps alot with zaria, but she is at the door saying Ma, ma where are you o ma ma. LOL
CrissyQ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveleeMama on 26th June 2010, 3:38 pm

There are a lot of things I miss but the thing I miss the most are naps. I use to be able to take a nap anytime of the day. I never took advantage of sleep when she slept too many things to do. Now that she is older and takes one 2 hr nap a day I take advantage of 45 mins of tasks and then nap til she wakes up.
The hubby says im a much nicer person when I get sleep. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
LoveleeMama

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturalNixon on 28th June 2010, 1:58 pm

Can I tell you ladies that it do get better when they become teenagers but then you have to deal with kids that know EVERYTHING!!!

My hubby don't have any kids and I have 3 ages 14, 16, and 17. We are planning to have another baby at the end of the year...talk about CRAZY AS HECK!!! Starting all over!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
NaturalNixon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by loveK on 29th June 2010, 1:10 pm

For me it was being able to cook or eat without having to share. I know it sounds selfish but sometimes I just want to fix myself a grilled cheese sandwich and not have to give half of it to a toddler (and the other half to my husband).  Smile
loveK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina on 29th June 2010, 8:14 pm

Oh I'm not alone...lol The "me" time is nearly non-existent these days even when hubby is home to watch our son and that's particularly because he's still breastfed but NEXT WEEK WE START WEANING!!!

@Nixon...YAY for another baby! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

@LoveK...Oh I feel you sis. I can't eat anything now without my son trying to stick his whole hand in my plate and smacking his lips. If he sees me walk in the living room with a plate or bowl he drops what he's doing and crawls to me with the quickness. lol
AfrikanLatina

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

Post by loveK on 1st July 2010, 10:48 pm

AfrikanLatina, I just saw your tag about postpartum shedding. Brings back memories.  Smile  I will tell you that I am still sporting a halo of frizz from the new hair thats replaced the sheds. For a while it just looked like my hair was breaking off, but now it's finally starting to blend (almost).
loveK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NikG20 on 1st July 2010, 11:02 pm

I agree with all of these. Especially naps, lol. I loved my naps when I was pregnant.
NikG20

View user profile http://www.beadsbraidsbeyond.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by NikG20 on 1st July 2010, 11:05 pm

Oh yeah, I used to take time to get myself together. Listen to some music, move at my own pace. With 2 kids, it's TOTALLY different. By the time I'm done getting them ready and everything else in place I have to rush so I usually leave the house not looking my best...lol.
NikG20

View user profile http://www.beadsbraidsbeyond.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveleeMama on 5th July 2010, 3:36 pm

loveK wrote:AfrikanLatina, I just saw your tag about postpartum shedding. Brings back memories. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I will tell you that I am still sporting a halo of frizz from the new hair thats replaced the sheds. For a while it just looked like my hair was breaking off, but now it's finally starting to blend (almost).

My PP shedding is what lead me to going natural. I was flat ironing my hair to the point of no return. My hair was thin before but now im making up for lost time. All of my sides are cut short to the new growth because it was looking crazy. So two strand twists are out of the question right now.
LoveleeMama

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down