CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MsLys09 - I did the BC! : )

+7
swoodward
AshElleAye
Nikcoils
krazy coils
newcurlieque
CrissyQ
mslys09
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

MsLys09 - I did the BC! : ) - Page 2 Empty Re: MsLys09 - I did the BC! : )

Post by krazy coils 17th July 2010, 10:10 am

Hey MsLys,

You could be experiencing breakage from the area of your hair where there was too much tension from the braids. Look at the strands and see if there is a white bulb at the ends. If you see one its shed hair if not its breakage.

Since you have twists in now you want to make sure you keep them moisturized. The next time you wash or co-wash try a protein treatment to help with the breakage(if it truly is breakage) and follow-up with a moisturizing deep treatment. You want to keep doing low manipulation styles until you can get your hair back to normal. HTH
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by mslys09 17th July 2010, 1:29 pm

Hi, Krazy Coils

Thanks for responding! I made sure to pay extra attention to whether or not the hair was shed hair of breakage. I'd say about 95% of the hair was shed hair. There were a few broken hairs but they were minimal. I did a hard protein treatment before the sew-in was put in. I wonder if the shedding is a result of me not having detangled properly in a month. I am going to leave the twists in and keep moisturizing. I want to be manipulate it as little as possible. Thanks!
mslys09
mslys09

Back to top Go down

Post by swoodward 18th July 2010, 10:16 pm

I think you are going to shed no matter what. That's just part of the natural process. But I also think the trauma from the sew in could have triggered more shedding than normal.

I would follow Krazy coils advice and try a light protein conditioner (not heavy like Aphogee, that may be too much right now, maybe Organic Root Stimulator- it ain't organic but it's great for emergencies and I think you are having an emergency.)

Follow up with a deep moisturizing treatment. Something with olive oil or add your own to a moisturizing condish. Then go back to soft twists. You may also want to be extra nice to your scalp right now. If you don't have any, get castor oil. You don't need much and it can be a lifesaver.
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum