CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AshElleAye: The Fro Chronicles

+12
WhosThatRedHead
nattyblog
CurlsGalore
Mom2KurlyT
KinkyNappyHappy
sweetdrk1
CrissyQ
Buttercup76
krazy coils
Lynnieluve
LaToya28
AshElleAye
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

AshElleAye: The Fro Chronicles - Page 2 Empty Re: AshElleAye: The Fro Chronicles

Post by nattyblog 11th July 2010, 6:32 pm

You're addicted to twist outs? Good because I like twist outs. Smile

Do you need heat to do a rollerset? I haven't used heat for those in years. Not sure. Maybe if you use heat they might last longer than without it. But I've never had to use it to get a rollerset.

My all time fave is Earthly Delights Conditioner. I do alternate with less protein rich condishes at times though. Folks have been having great success with the Yes conditioners like the Yes to Cucumbers which I want to try next after I'm done with the Yes to Carrots. I would def buy Yes to Carrots again because it detangles like a dream...but I hear the Cukes kind amps that quality up exponentially along with the moisture quotient so I'm going to try it too.

Anyway, glad to see you!

nattyblog
nattyblog

http://naturalgeek.onsugar.com

Back to top Go down

AshElleAye: The Fro Chronicles - Page 2 Empty Re: AshElleAye: The Fro Chronicles

Post by WhosThatRedHead 11th July 2010, 7:11 pm

Love the new avi!! I've seen tutorials on YT (my hair isn't long enough for me to try it yet) and in each of them if they use heat they use it on low. Also I believe Mahogany Curls has a video of a roller set without using heat. Goodluck!
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by AshElleAye 11th July 2010, 8:45 pm

nattyblog wrote:You're addicted to twist outs? Good because I like twist outs. Smile

Do you need heat to do a rollerset? I haven't used heat for those in years. Not sure. Maybe if you use heat they might last longer than without it. But I've never had to use it to get a rollerset.

My all time fave is Earthly Delights Conditioner. I do alternate with less protein rich condishes at times though. Folks have been having great success with the Yes conditioners like the Yes to Cucumbers which I want to try next after I'm done with the Yes to Carrots. I would def buy Yes to Carrots again because it detangles like a dream...but I hear the Cukes kind amps that quality up exponentially along with the moisture quotient so I'm going to try it too.

Anyway, glad to see you!

Oh really? I didn't know you could do them without heat! I'll be looking into that.
AshElleAye
AshElleAye

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 11th July 2010, 8:59 pm

hey ash!! love ur journey and ur avi is cute!

im curious to do a rollerset myself but im afraid i dont have the patience but im gonna give it a go with perm rods. i actually plan to sit under the dry w/low heat. mahogany does have a video of how she did one without heat...i gotta check that out again!

i got tons of condish (please dont follow in my pj footsteps, lol) but my fav's are: HE HH, suave naturals, ytcarrots, aussie moist. pretty much any large quantity w/a pump comes handy cuz im heavy handed and i can detangle with it.
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 11th July 2010, 9:57 pm

Hi Ash

Just stopping by. So the Essence chat was a bust? Sorry to hear that, but I get a lot of great information from CN and YouTube. Eventually, with so many sisters going natural we will have all the information we can get our hands on in about 2 or 3 years!!

Nice twist-out....I know how you feel it took me about 6 months to master twists!!!

Also, Tresemme's Natural Nourishing Moisture Conditioner is getting great reviews. I have it and I love it as well. I use it and Bed Head Moisture Maniac..

HTH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by AshElleAye 22nd July 2010, 10:45 am

So...I've had a couple of hair-related giggles courtesy of my almost 2 yr old godsister...

Yesterday, I was picking my hair in front of her, not knowing she was paying attention. Well, she was. She picked up my other pic and started trying to pick her's too. And then mine.

Just a few minutes ago, she found a clip on hair bun and held it up and said "HAT"!!

Here's a pic of my baby...lol
AshElleAye: The Fro Chronicles - Page 2 03200010
AshElleAye
AshElleAye

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 22nd July 2010, 6:12 pm

Cute!
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by nattyblog 22nd July 2010, 11:37 pm

Awwwwww!!! She's adorable!
nattyblog
nattyblog

http://naturalgeek.onsugar.com

Back to top Go down

Post by AshElleAye 23rd July 2010, 6:37 pm

A natural diva in the making....lol

AshElleAye: The Fro Chronicles - Page 2 07230010
AshElleAye
AshElleAye

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 24th July 2010, 12:26 am

Wow! She's a little cutie! And she is BEYOND a twa! ;P
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by AshElleAye 2nd August 2010, 2:24 am

Just poppin' in. I'll do a full post tomorrow!
AshElleAye
AshElleAye

Back to top Go down

Post by AshElleAye 2nd September 2010, 10:25 am

Hi! I'm still alive and have good news. After a 5 month (I think!) transition, my best friend is big chopping today! I'se so proud! dance
AshElleAye
AshElleAye

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 2nd September 2010, 12:35 pm

AshElleAye wrote:Hi! I'm still alive and have good news. After a 5 month (I think!) transition, my best friend is big chopping today! I'se so proud! dance
cheers That's awesome news! Gotta love that so many people are going natural
bholmes87
bholmes87

http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2