CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Henna to make my hair auburn?

+2
LittleOne
deeply_rooted_chick
6 posters

Go down

Henna to make my hair auburn? Empty Henna to make my hair auburn?

Post by deeply_rooted_chick 23rd June 2010, 9:55 am

Basically I'm confused cuz I know henna doesn't lighten your hair, but I heard there is henna out there can turn my hair auburn. Is this right? And if so do you know where I can buy some?
deeply_rooted_chick
deeply_rooted_chick

Back to top Go down

Henna to make my hair auburn? Empty Re: Henna to make my hair auburn?

Post by LittleOne 7th July 2010, 4:08 am

Nope. Henna cannot lighten your hair and it looks like your hair is black or dark brown. People with dark hair that get auburn color from henna usually have had some chemical treatment that made their hair more porous. Curly Nikki is an example. If you look at her henna pictures, the only reddish parts are where she had highlights before. All of the "virgin" hair remains black. I have done 5 hennas and my hair is still jet black.
LittleOne
LittleOne

Back to top Go down

Post by embracingmycurls 3rd August 2010, 3:04 pm

LittleOne wrote:Nope. Henna cannot lighten your hair and it looks like your hair is black or dark brown. People with dark hair that get auburn color from henna usually have had some chemical treatment that made their hair more porous. Curly Nikki is an example. If you look at her henna pictures, the only reddish parts are where she had highlights before. All of the "virgin" hair remains black. I have done 5 hennas and my hair is still jet black.

Did you use Jamila BAQ only? Also is black your natural hair color?
embracingmycurls
embracingmycurls

Back to top Go down

Post by LittleOne 3rd August 2010, 8:17 pm

I only use BAQ, but I used Henna from Yemen (aka Khamsa Yemeni Henna). I chose that one because it's known to be more potent than Jamila. I've also read that Rajasthani Henna is highly potent, but I haven't tried it.

My natural hair color is jet black. Sometimes, if I hold a shed hair directly under a lamp, I can see a red tint from the henna. But, still you can't see any red on my full head even in the bright sun. Henna will always coat your hair with a reddish dye, but if your hair is really dark, the contrast just won't be enough to see the difference.

I changed my avatar to my latest post-henna pic...

Last edited by LittleOne on 5th August 2010, 1:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
LittleOne
LittleOne

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead 5th August 2010, 7:50 am

I think it really depends on the color of your natual hair. My hair is naturally auburn and I used Jamilla Henna last weeked and it turned my hair bright red. And I actually followed Nikki's henna gloss receipe.
WhosThatRedHead
WhosThatRedHead

Back to top Go down

Post by msbahamas 7th September 2010, 1:38 pm

I henna for the 2nd time yesturday to cover my gray. It turned my gray to a nice reddish highlights and I love it.
msbahamas
msbahamas

Back to top Go down

Post by MelMelBee 7th September 2010, 1:42 pm

There are herbs that you can add to henna to give it a different hue. I've heard that hibiscus flowers added to henna will give it a burgundy glow instead of a coppery one. But this does not mean that it will lighten your hair color. The color will still be visible like a rinse will. Check out butters-n-bars.com where there are "recipes" listed to make certain color hues when using henna.

Disclaimer-I've never mixed anything with my henna, because I love the coppery orange glo it gives. So, proceed with caution.

Peace

MelMelBee
MelMelBee

http://www.experiencestmattsumc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down