CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Georgia

+13
Pi*Jay
naturallybjones
curlydpm
darkkinkynlovely
Aleecias
mahoganytresses
ChelleBelle
StewSpotwannabnatura
curlymarge
CurlyMo
Moni
SuperBadd
NaturallyInspired
17 posters

Go down

Georgia Empty Georgia

Post by NaturallyInspired 21st June 2010, 2:39 pm

Oh! My Nappy Hair Salon
http://www.ohmynappyhair.com
237 Mitchell Streer Atlanta, Georgia

My stylist was Shonna she was very nice and had great conversations.

Negative: My appointment was scheduled for 1:30pm and I was not seen until a bit after 4. I am no Prima Donna but I am a professional woman and timeliness in my hair care choice is absolutely neccesary for me.

Positive: Everyone in the salon was truly knowledgable about natural hair care and the transitioning process. I was clearly not one of those place that say they specialize but have not a clue what they are talking about. After washing and conditioning I could feel softness of my hair. Also My hair felt very soft and had a brilliant shine to it when it was finished. I was really satisfied with my results.

It is pricey I got a wash, conditioner, trim, and press for $75.
*They give first timers a 20% discount

As you can see the positives out way the negatives but to be honest that was a serious negative.

All in all I will go back there when I am in the Atlanta area (or Los Angeles/Oakland they have locations there as well).
I would definitely suggest this Salon.
NaturallyInspired
NaturallyInspired

http://futuremillionairessdiaries.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Georgia Empty Re: Georgia

Post by SuperBadd 23rd June 2010, 2:26 pm

She Salon off of Auburn Avenue is really good! Anytime, I get to go home and get my hair done - I go there to LaToya. She is the only one that straightens my hair great...almost, to the point it looks like I have a fresh perm. Alot of the stylists in there have clients that are natural. The last time I went to her it was $40 for a wash and straighten...she also cuts really well! Love her!

Here is the website: http://shesalonatlanta.com/

SuperBadd

Back to top Go down

Post by Moni 3rd July 2010, 9:04 pm

SuperBadd wrote:She Salon off of Auburn Avenue is really good! Anytime, I get to go home and get my hair done - I go there to LaToya. She is the only one that straightens my hair great...almost, to the point it looks like I have a fresh perm. Alot of the stylists in there have clients that are natural. The last time I went to her it was $40 for a wash and straighten...she also cuts really well! Love her!

Here is the website: [url=http://shesalonatlanta.com/
http://shesalonatlanta.com/[/quote[/url]]

Have you noticed any damage? I think I want to get my hair straightened and trimmed, but I'm worried about heat damage... Thanks!
Moni
Moni

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyMo 3rd July 2010, 9:37 pm

Anyone have natural salon experience in the Marietta area I’m hoping I don’t have to travel down town
CurlyMo
CurlyMo

Back to top Go down

Post by curlymarge 16th July 2010, 12:33 pm

Curltopia is located in marietta and its a really nice salon, check out their website @curltopia.com, i have been there twice before Smile
curlymarge
curlymarge

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyMo 16th July 2010, 6:19 pm

I've heard so many bad things about that place (reviews) can you recomend a styles?
CurlyMo
CurlyMo

Back to top Go down

Post by StewSpotwannabnatura 24th July 2010, 9:33 pm

It was just recommended to me today to go to Curl Topia and see a stylist name Taz. I plan to check it out. I want to do a twist but I still have about 1 1/2 to 2 inches of perm. What sort of bad things have you heard?

StewSpotwannabnatura

Back to top Go down

Post by ChelleBelle 27th August 2010, 2:49 pm

I've gone to Curltopia once - back in March if I remember correctly. I made my appointment specifically to get a roller set however the only stylist in the salon at the time of my appointment did not know how to do roller sets (first strike) so I ended up having to get a blow out/flat iron - which was not the best. I am transitioning and the hair at my crown had that "frizz" bump at the line of demarcation when she finished. (second strike) I've gotten way better results at Too Groovy. Also, when asking about who does do roller sets, the name Taz was brought up but the stylist doing my hair indicated that he isn't fond of transitioning hair and would probably harp on me to cut the relaxed hair. (third strike) Needless to say, I never went back.
ChelleBelle
ChelleBelle

Back to top Go down

Post by mahoganytresses 27th August 2010, 11:51 pm

Anyone been to a salon in GA and had any style done besides a press? I want to find a salon that can help me style my transitioning hair without the use of a blowdryer or flatiron.
mahoganytresses
mahoganytresses

Back to top Go down

Georgia Empty Curltopia Marietta Ga

Post by Aleecias 28th August 2010, 1:46 am

I recently visited curltopia in Marietta Ga and my experience was Great. I called to make an appointment and was able to go in the very next day. I saw Aliah she was great I got a cut, DT, and finger style. I plan on visiting her more often. Wonderful experience!!

Aleecias

Back to top Go down

Post by darkkinkynlovely 31st August 2010, 12:16 pm

I lived in Atlanta for two years before moving to Dallas. The shop I went to was called Afrodisiac in Atlanta. The address is 555 Whitehall St sw 404-420-6552. It is a very nice salon and very professional. The owner Fatima and her daughter both do hair there. They are very knowlageble about natural hair and locks. I really miss that place. I have actually flew back there twice to get my hair done! I hope this helps!
darkkinkynlovely
darkkinkynlovely

Back to top Go down

Post by curlydpm 23rd October 2010, 9:32 pm

At your referral darkkinkynlovely. I visited Afrodisiac in Atlanta, my experience was wonderful. Fatima was awesome. I agree she is extremely knowlageble and really knows how to manage natural hair. Thanks
I will be returning
curlydpm
curlydpm

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallybjones 3rd November 2010, 12:35 am

I live in Augusta and I just started going to DyeVerCity Hair Salon. The majority of clients honestly seem to have natural hair. My stylist is Stacy Hill and she's really knowledgeable. (She has natural hair and so do her daughters I'd like to add) When I went to her the first time she took a look at my hair, instead of just taking me to the sink and washing it, and started talking to me about things that come along with me being natural such as dry hair. She tells you all the products that she uses which I like. I've only gotten twist outs since going to her. I like them, but of course they never last long on me since I have short hair and sleep so rough. She sells natural hair products too such as Darcy's Botanicals, Mixed Chicks, and My Honey Child to name a few.

She's a little pricey for me seeing how I'm a broke college student, so I sometimes dread paying $40+ for my twist outs knowing they won't last me.
naturallybjones
naturallybjones

http://lefthandscribble.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pi*Jay 13th November 2010, 3:21 pm

Does anyone have any referrals for salons in South GA?? I'm in Albany and Atl is a stretch...
Pi*Jay
Pi*Jay

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyMo 16th January 2011, 6:04 pm

Hey Ladies Im looking for a salon and stylist referal I live in the Marietta area..I called one Salon Au Natural and Giselle told me it will be $70 to wash, trim, and flat iron my hair!!!!!! OMG is this the norm??????...YTHATS CRAAAAAZY...Please advise...
Thanks in advance...
CurlyMo
CurlyMo

Back to top Go down

Post by MsArabia 9th February 2011, 3:14 pm

Hi Ladies! I am looking for a stylist with good hair cutting skills in the Athens area or Augusta area. I want to cut the rest of my hair off but I don't know of any natural salons in these areas.
MsArabia
MsArabia

Back to top Go down

Post by tbennett19 27th February 2011, 2:39 pm

I live in Smyrna and watched a video on YouTube from AlexandraBond and ended up trying her stylist. I had a great experience. I had a wash, cut, steam treatment and finger styling and she charged me around $50. She is at the Salon Suites on Spring Rd in Smyrna. The name of her salon is Curlie Girlz Rock. Her name is Naeema @ (702) 480-0321 ( she is originally from Vegas, thus the area code)

tbennett19

Back to top Go down

Post by alessialele 9th March 2011, 1:10 pm

MsArabia wrote:Hi Ladies! I am looking for a stylist with good hair cutting skills in the Athens area or Augusta area. I want to cut the rest of my hair off but I don't know of any natural salons in these areas.

I heard dyvercity with stacy in augusta was good. go to naturallycurly.com for some reviews.
alessialele
alessialele

Back to top Go down

Post by Midnightcurls 11th March 2011, 4:44 pm

There is an AMAZING natural hair studio in Jonesboro!!!!
Shea Locs Natural Hair Studio :::: 526 West Highway 138 Jonesboro GA 30238 ASK for Tia 770-875-6793
I get my hair done there all the time. sunny
Midnightcurls
Midnightcurls

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum