CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coming into the new

+4
CrissyQ
jlowman1
TiffNotANY
CurlsDivine
8 posters

Go down

Coming into the new Empty Coming into the new

Post by CurlsDivine 15th June 2010, 3:43 pm

So, I'm a brand new transitioner now in my 3rd month headed close to the 4th month. Last perm was given March 5th, 2010. I've been perming my hair for 15 years, but only twice a year. So I thought, why perm when there really is no need. Plus I want bra strap length hair. I have been experimenting with the twist-outs and braid-outs. I do like the twist-outs a little better. However, I do run into frizzy's when its rainy or humid. I live in NC and it can get very humid. I also want really BIG hair so, I'm looking for a product that will add volume when I take out my twist. I do like the products I'm using the Shea Moisture Line/Coconut & Hibiscus. But I do want to try KBB and Darcy's Botanicals. I can't wait until all this perm grows out. I definitely can not do a big chop, short hair does nothing for me. My hair grows fast, and now that I'm using along with my products organic oils. I think the results should be faster. So in the picture attached all will see what my hair looks like with a twist-out and 90% of my hair permed. I'm hoping once the perm is out, my hair will cooperate and give me a nice coil. If any of you can suggest products that will help reduce frizz and that is organic...I'm happily open. Also, I'm open to suggestions on helping with me get LARGE/BIG hair Volume. Thanks to all you naturals and I look forward to talking to alot of you. Oh, this twist out was done from start to finish last night. (DC, Shampoo, hairmilks, hair smoothies, and twisted. Freshly done!

Last edited by mitchj35 on 15th June 2010, 3:45 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added more info)
CurlsDivine
CurlsDivine

Back to top Go down

Coming into the new Empty Re: Coming into the new

Post by TiffNotANY 15th June 2010, 3:49 pm

Happy transitioning. There's LOTS of info on here. I'm still researching as I go along. =)
TiffNotANY
TiffNotANY

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlsDivine 15th June 2010, 4:47 pm

Thank you for the encouragement, I'm gonna need it!
CurlsDivine
CurlsDivine

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 15th June 2010, 4:53 pm

Welcome to Curl Street & happy transitioning! Cant wait to follow your journey... Coming into the new Icon_biggrin
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlsDivine 15th June 2010, 5:07 pm

Thank you kindly...I will need your encouragement. I've got a long haul ahead of me.
CurlsDivine
CurlsDivine

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 15th June 2010, 6:34 pm

welcome
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 15th June 2010, 7:24 pm

WELCOME! I was a long time transitioner who never did a big chop. Just remember to deep condition regularly. You may want to try wet sets as well.
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsmackey 15th June 2010, 8:51 pm

welcome!!! i'm currently transitioning..enjoy this place..the ladies are WONDERFUL and full of so much knowledge!!! when do you think you will BC?
mrsmackey
mrsmackey

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlsDivine 16th June 2010, 6:32 pm

Thank ya'll (southern gal) for your welcome to the site. I will allow my hair to grow out for probably 18 months at least and then cut the remainder of relaxed, while of course trimming in between. I've got a longs ways to go being I got a relaxer March 5th. Funny thing is I went all last year without getting a relaxer because I couldn't afford to go the shop. And in Dec 09 I did an at home perm. Then I went the shop in March and had a new relaxer. Man if I'd only dedcided that then I'd be ahead of the game. But oh well. So...here I am on my journey, and I'm a product junkie so I'm always on this site reading about what people like and dislike. My hair texture kinda reminds me of nikki's so it will be exciting to see the curls coming to the surface. It grows really fast. I really have a goal to have Bra-strap length( not sure the natural hair terms for that). I want the healthiest way using all organic products if possible to bring out my natural love locs. Again...thanks for the support and I look forward to chatting with many folks!
CurlsDivine
CurlsDivine

Back to top Go down

Post by priceless 17th June 2010, 12:40 am

welcome to the street. You plan to transition for 18 months I see. try to not put any heat on your hair many have demaged their hair with heat, including me. condition condition condition has been a key to transitioning. your hair is going to be weaker between the 2 textures so be careful when detangling. These are jus a few that i wish someone told me when i was transitioning. I also wish that I had found this site when I was transitioning.
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlsDivine 17th June 2010, 10:57 am

Yeah...18 months. It sounds near impossible, because I know I'll get fusturated. However, I'm the type person when I set my mind to do something theres no stopping me. So far, I have been writing down what I do to my hair each day. What works and what doesn't work. I made the decision not to use heat on my hair (great advise). And I will deep condition/wash once a week and co-wash once a week. The products I've been using are great because when it's time to wash, before I do I comb through my hair and there are absolutely no tangles. It's smooth as butter and extremely moisturized. I feel like I'm on the right track. I did the strand test yesterday and my hair had a loud " SNAP" sound to it. So that met enough moisture balance was there. I have been researching all on the internet and I found this website and naturallycurly.com. Those are the two I go back and forth to for great info. Thank you for you encouraging words.
CurlsDivine
CurlsDivine

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 20th June 2010, 7:21 pm

Welcome!
Renny
Renny

http://www.rhondamcknight.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content