CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My 1st wash n go

4 posters

Go down

My 1st wash n go Empty My 1st wash n go

Post by kdenise 13th June 2010, 4:47 pm

I'm 7 months into my transition and just took my braids out after having them in for 2 months. I took the braids out Thursday night and I got to a point where I could not detangle a portion of my relaxed hair in the front. I had already cut some parts of my hair b/c of the tangling issue but this particular section in the front had a lot of hair tangled up. I didn't want to cut that much off but no matter how much I tried, I couldn't do anything about it. I ended up letting my mom cut a good bit of it. FYI, I was going to be a long term transitioner but I think in August I will get the relaxed ends cut off.

Anyway, my initial hairstyle out of the braids was a rollerset but it looked a hot mess so i tried the WnG and it turned out better than I thought!! It is the profile pic...(I cannot upload pics within my messages for some reason...and I've done everything Nikki suggested).

I'm almost there!!! woot!
kdenise
kdenise

Back to top Go down

My 1st wash n go Empty Re: My 1st wash n go

Post by Napp_Napp_Cat 13th June 2010, 8:29 pm

Congrats on your new journey so far. I was the SAME way. I wore box braids during my transitioning period then they got too expensive so I just started to slowly but surely cut off my relaxed ends. At first I didn't like it too much but as a week or two went by I love it.

Another good style that I first tried was just wearing my hair in an afro puff with a cute flower or flower headband. You can search on youtube for other suggetions on how to wear your hair as well. Good luck! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Napp_Napp_Cat
Napp_Napp_Cat

http://theabccollege.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by kdenise 13th June 2010, 10:00 pm

Thanks! I'm so glad I finally decided to go natural. I got rained on today and it felt good not to worry about my hair getting messed up!!

Hey, where in NC do you live??
kdenise
kdenise

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 15th June 2010, 7:22 pm

Kdenise,

I'd love to know how you did your WNG. I did one last week and it didn't come out very well.

Thanks. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Renny
Renny

http://www.rhondamcknight.net

Back to top Go down

Post by kdenise 17th June 2010, 10:13 pm

Renny wrote:Kdenise,

I'd love to know how you did your WNG. I did one last week and it didn't come out very well.

Renny,

It didn't require a lot. I just cowashed with Suave Tropical Coconut,then applied Giovanni't Direct Leave in and sealed with coconut oil. That was it. Of course when i tried it again it didn't quite turn out the way I wanted but I still love it!

Kd
kdenise
kdenise

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 17th June 2010, 10:46 pm

kdenise wrote:
Renny wrote:Kdenise,

Renny,

It didn't require a lot. I just cowashed with Suave Tropical Coconut,then applied Giovanni't Direct Leave in and sealed with coconut oil. That was it. Of course when i tried it again it didn't quite turn out the way I wanted but I still love it!

Kd

This trio used to be my go to for wash and gos. It still is but I alternate between Bee Mine Avocado conditioner, Tresemme Naturals, or Giovanni SAS!
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down