The Word.

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Re: The Word.

Post by Mangos&Bananas on 24th July 2010, 11:13 pm

@Freckledmom Yes ma'am!! Isnt it amazing how certain songs just speak to your heart. Lets you know, that others face those same issues. The bible says "Dont think it strange" whatever your going through. All things work together. ALL THINGS.He makes us brand new! Gives us beauty for our ashes. I have to listen to that song!!! :-)

@Natty You got me pumped!! I am definatley going to watch that series. And you preachin on that PEACE ma'am!! Recognition of internal power through Christ Jesus gives us spiritual blessings in high places. And you are soooo right, faith must be watered with the word!! Virtues are NOT to lie dormit. We have to feed the things that we want to grow! cant wait to watch 'armed and dangerous'!!!Thanks lady!!

@TheRYL1 oh man, you PREAACHIN'!!! Ephesians be workin'!!! You said that!! And Thanks for the beautiful word on 'Letting Go'. Your womens devotional be handlin buisness!!!! I love it :-) Alot of times we forgive people but the reason we cant "let it go" is because we havent yet forgiven ourselves. I struggle with that sometimes. Really glad to hear you handled business with your daughters father.Thats fantastic. We know that Faith without works is dead! When we pray for guidance we have to move on it!! Knowing that He has given us the authority to succeed!!
Mangos&Bananas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 on 26th July 2010, 3:09 pm

Hey Ladies! How goes it today?

Well...I'm still trying to stay "wrapped" in the Word, cuz the demon has been on me! But, "no weapon formed against me shall prosper". This, too, shall pass.

I'm really trying to live by faith...but as Mangoes & Bananas said..."Faith without works is dead"! I'm working on that one currently!! :-)

I KNOW God is working in my life! Simple as that. But every now & then, we get a "reminder". Well, a situation occurred that could have turned into a big mess, and been so embarrassing for me. I'll just say it involved men...one old & one new! BUT God is good...nothing happened...it blew over...no harm, no foul! If nothing else, I knew right then...God was/is with me fully! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Psalms 34:8

Oh, taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the man who trusts in Him!

AMEN!
TheRYL1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils on 27th July 2010, 4:34 pm

Dear God

Being going through a storm lately. Been playing Smokie Norful song Dear God on repeat. Check it out ladies it is a blessing. I am constantly trying to hear God's voice through the storm.
Nikcoils

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TriniCherryPrincess on 28th July 2010, 6:56 pm

Does anyone have any suggestions for a good online devotional?
Thanks ladies for input in this thread. Keep it alive!
TriniCherryPrincess

View user profile http://www.AllThingsLena.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 on 29th July 2010, 4:41 pm

TriniCherryPrincess wrote:Does anyone have any suggestions for a good online devotional?

Hey! I get devotionals from www.girlfriendsingod.com (M&B...that's where I get the good stuff from! LOL)...they email them daily if you sign up for that. The devotionals are directed toward women...but they are pretty much for everyone! ;-) (A friend has another one...I can't think of it...I'll get the info an let you know.)

Here's a quote from today's devotional (it speaks on making better life choices and learning the lesson when we don't!): "You cannot avoid temptation. Just remember that temptation itself is not a sin--but an invitation to sin. WHEN TEMPTATION KNOCKS, ASK JESUS TO ANSWER THE DOOR."

AMEN!
TheRYL1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 on 29th July 2010, 5:07 pm

TriniCherryPrincess wrote:Does anyone have any suggestions for a good online devotional?

I get daily devotions from www.proverbs31.org You can also get them on FB if you become a fan.
freckledmom4

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 on 29th July 2010, 5:14 pm

npmoore04 wrote:Dear God

Being going through a storm lately. Been playing Smokie Norful song Dear God on repeat. Check it out ladies it is a blessing. I am constantly trying to hear God's voice through the storm.

Me too. I keep reminding myself the the Bible says "Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the LORD delivers him out of them all." ~Psalm 34:19 My pastor always says your don't find these promises in the cute little "God's Promises" books, but it is a promise none the less. We as believers will face many trials, but God is faithful to deliver us. Stay encouraged & thanks for the song.
freckledmom4

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturally Nu* on 29th July 2010, 7:02 pm

Be blessed ladies! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] love you!

Scripture:
"A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger" - Proverbs 15:1

Quote:
"What the heart gives away is never gone...It is
kept in the hearts of others" - Robin St. John

Song:
"Moving Forward" - Israel & New Breed
Naturally Nu*

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TriniCherryPrincess on 29th July 2010, 9:32 pm

Thanks for the suggestions!
TriniCherryPrincess

View user profile http://www.AllThingsLena.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mangos&Bananas on 31st July 2010, 10:40 pm

Thanks for the great devotionals! cant wait to join :-)
Mangos&Bananas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils on 4th August 2010, 7:18 pm

thanks for the devotionals.
Nikcoils

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jackiej on 5th August 2010, 11:01 am

I find this quite inspiring.

Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting;
but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised.

Proverbs 31 verse 30

jackiej

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils on 5th August 2010, 2:11 pm

Every day they continued to meet together in the temple courts. They broke bread in their homes and ate together with glad and sincere hearts
If only all churches were like this where people would be glad to fellowship with each other with a sincere heart.
Pray for my husband someone at church made him upset and he hasn't returned to church in over a month. I pray that he will put God first and return to church a different one atleast. Sometime we as christrians don't realize that we can block some one else's blessing or growth in God over some pety stuff.
Nikcoils

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nattyblog on 7th August 2010, 5:23 pm

@Npmoore, I will be praying for your hubby. I think it's so difficult for us to remember the Word says not to take offense when we're dealing with others. And if the wound goes deep, perhaps he should confront the other party? The tongue really does have the power of life and death. We all tend to forget that we hold so much power. And some don't forget, they set things ablaze on purpose. Even then, I'd still believe that is through ignorance. If they truly knew Who was listening to them, they probably would choose better words.

Should he choose to confront or not, forgiveness is the cornerstone of faith. I'll pray that his heart be softened. It may be difficult for him to maintain his relationship with God if he holds on to that situation.

@Mangos, I was listening to that series earlier today! It's awesome!

Still on that walking in peace thing. Been reading about The Israelites vs. The Egyptians and David and Saul's relationships. Pretty abusive situations. Lots of manipulation and unfair treatment and what not. I'm amazed at David's reserve. The power to remain meek when you could strike. The power to submit your will to God than exact revenge. The power to endure your cross even while despising the shame of the situation believing that in the end, the Lord will lift you up. The one difference between the collective experience of the Israelites going through vs David's when he did was that while the people flipped flopped over whether they'd serve or worship God, David sang and praised God in spite of what was going on. He trusted God through every part of it. He commanded himself to give that sacrifice of praise even in the miry pit. I want to be like that. I have been letting some little things get to me that shouldn't because I been there and done that so many times it's not funny. I love this scripture though:

Ex 2:25 AMP
God saw the Israelites and took knowledge of them and concerned Himself about them [knowing all, understanding, remembering all].

While He requires us to, I don't believe the Lord forgets when we have been wronged or hurt by others. He remembers His covenant toward us and He will restore us if we trust Him to do it and not try to do it ourselves. That's real peace.

nattyblog

View user profile http://naturalgeek.onsugar.com

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead on 7th August 2010, 8:54 pm

I seem to be having such a hard time going to church lately. I love church but for some reason the thought of walking in there is really upsetting and I don't know why. And I know that because I feel this way I really need to go..... So I pray that I can put one foot in front of the other all the way to the altar.
WhosThatRedHead

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nattyblog on 9th August 2010, 12:54 am

I've been through that. I really wasn't even sure why my attendance was so spotty except for i had a lot on my plate. I do remember talking to my mom about it. She said that the church, as i was thinking of it, was just a building. "YOU are the church. You take the church with you wherever you go." That gave me a better perspective. I stopped getting into condemnation over it and that freed me to go back when I was ready. That was a heavy burden for awhile though. Fortunately, I can always take them to Him because He said for all who are heavy burdened to come to Him. It is very comforting that no matter what I do or don't do, every move He made was to bring me closer to Himself.
nattyblog

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 on 9th August 2010, 1:57 pm

Hey Ladies! I had a health issue that kept me away for a bit, but I'm back! :-) I'm glad to see more ladies chiming in...you never know who made need to be "fed" from your words!

James 5:16
Confess your trespasses to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much.

WhosThatRedHead wrote:I seem to be having such a hard time going to church lately. I love church but for some reason the thought of walking in there is really upsetting and I don't know why. And I know that because I feel this way I really need to go..... So I pray that I can put one foot in front of the other all the way to the altar.

Man! I felt this way for a while, too. I realized it was the situations within the church that made me feel that way. I'd be angry while getting dressed...downright mad, on my way to church. SMH I realized it was the vibes/the people within the church. I'm not perfect (haha), but I don't try to bring someone down, or make anyone feel "less than"...and that was a church activity! I had to let it go! I'm currently searching for a church home, but like NattyB said, church is within and I take it everywhere I go! ;-)
TheRYL1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 on 9th August 2010, 2:00 pm

npmoore04 wrote:Every day they continued to meet together in the temple courts. They broke bread in their homes and ate together with glad and sincere hearts
If only all churches were like this where people would be glad to fellowship with each other with a sincere heart.
Pray for my husband someone at church made him upset and he hasn't returned to church in over a month. I pray that he will put God first and return to church a different one atleast. Sometime we as christrians don't realize that we can block some one else's blessing or growth in God over some pety stuff.

Hey NP! I've been where your husband is...and it took me a while to let it go, too. But, I did it...I had to learn forgiveness (not perfect, but a lot better than I was). Just keep praying for him...slide him scriptures as often as you can! :-) The more Word he has, he'll slowly realize what's important and it's time to let it go!
TheRYL1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 on 9th August 2010, 9:45 pm

I was doing devotions with my kids and we were reading Galatians 6. I was really trying to drive the message that what they sow will be what they reap (6:7), but a few verses down (6:9-Do not grow weary in doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not loose heart) really hit home for me. I wouldn't say it out loud, but in my heart I was beginning to question the good things I am doing because it seems as if it's for nothing. I was beginning to loose heart. I realize that the enemy just wants me to feel defeated and give up on things I have been praying for and working towards, but I have to be patient and in God's timing-not my own- I will reap the blessings. So now I'm sitting here laughing at the great sense of humor our Father has- I thought I was teaching my kids, but He was taking time to teach me. Just wanted to share and I pray that you are having a good week.
freckledmom4

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nattyblog on 10th August 2010, 8:34 pm

Freckled, that was beautiful!
nattyblog

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 on 11th August 2010, 12:20 pm

freckledmom4 wrote:I was doing devotions with my kids and we were reading Galatians 6. I was really trying to drive the message that what they sow will be what they reap (6:7), but a few verses down (6:9-Do not grow weary in doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not loose heart) really hit home for me. I wouldn't say it out loud, but in my heart I was beginning to question the good things I am doing because it seems as if it's for nothing. I was beginning to loose heart. I realize that the enemy just wants me to feel defeated and give up on things I have been praying for and working towards, but I have to be patient and in God's timing-not my own- I will reap the blessings. So now I'm sitting here laughing at the great sense of humor our Father has- I thought I was teaching my kids, but He was taking time to teach me. Just wanted to share and I pray that you are having a good week.

nattyblog wrote:Freckled, that was beautiful!

NattyB...I totally agree!

Freckled...Thank you for sharing. I must say you said exactly what I've been feeling lately. Sometimes these thoughts & feelings can be so overwhelming! Thank you for the reminder...it's all in God's time, not mine! :-)
TheRYL1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WhosThatRedHead on 11th August 2010, 3:30 pm

TheRYL1 wrote:
freckledmom4 wrote:I was doing devotions with my kids and we were reading Galatians 6. I was really trying to drive the message that what they sow will be what they reap (6:7), but a few verses down (6:9-Do not grow weary in doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not loose heart) really hit home for me. I wouldn't say it out loud, but in my heart I was beginning to question the good things I am doing because it seems as if it's for nothing. I was beginning to loose heart. I realize that the enemy just wants me to feel defeated and give up on things I have been praying for and working towards, but I have to be patient and in God's timing-not my own- I will reap the blessings. So now I'm sitting here laughing at the great sense of humor our Father has- I thought I was teaching my kids, but He was taking time to teach me. Just wanted to share and I pray that you are having a good week.

nattyblog wrote:Freckled, that was beautiful!

NattyB...I totally agree!

Freckled...Thank you for sharing. I must say you said exactly what I've been feeling lately. Sometimes these thoughts & feelings can be so overwhelming! Thank you for the reminder...it's all in God's time, not mine! :-)

It seems that it's always easy to tell OTHER people to let go and let God or to wait on the Lord.... I think the true test is to not be so quick to tell others what to do and you're not willing to do it as well. (I'm so preaching to myself right now!) What God has for me is just for ME and it will happen in HIS time not mine. He has taken care of me for almost 30 years now so I guess I better let Him do his thing!
WhosThatRedHead

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 on 12th August 2010, 1:33 pm

Good Morning Ladies!

I have to say lately, my faith has been tested...I mean TESTED, y'all! :-) God let me know that I have faith, but it gets shaky in bad times (I'm like Peter on that water) even though I know He's with me. Oh how great it will be once I'm over that hump! I have to TRUST & BELIEVE AT ALL TIMES. This has been my barrier...I gotta get past it; I'm determined to get past it.

Now, I had this "conversation" on my way to work this morning. Upon arrival, I checked my email and this was in today's devotional:

"No matter what storm rages in your life today--no matter how fierce the winds or how high the waves may be--where you are is no surprise to God. Heaven is not in a panic. Keep your gaze on Him and glance on the raging waters. "Lash yourself" to Him and He will supply everything you need to stand firm in the storm."

Now, tell me God aint trying to tell me something! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Ladies, I had to share this since it seems we all are having inner battles! :-)
TheRYL1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve on 12th August 2010, 1:40 pm

Thought for today....(Happiness verses Joy) Our happiness can easily WALK away when it's chained to other INDIVIDUALS or THINGS. When they leave, our HAPPINESS leaves with them, but when our JOY is in the LORD, nobody can take it away. Life at times can make us feel as though we have nothing, but our JOY in the LORD reminds us that we have it ALL. ~J. Thompson

My Curl Street Journal

My Fotki

My Youtube Channel
Lynnieluve

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 on 18th August 2010, 6:33 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:Thought for today....(Happiness verses Joy) Our happiness can easily WALK away when it's chained to other INDIVIDUALS or THINGS. When they leave, our HAPPINESS leaves with them, but when our JOY is in the LORD, nobody can take it away. Life at times can make us feel as though we have nothing, but our JOY in the LORD reminds us that we have it ALL. ~J. Thompson
AMEN, Lynnie, Amen!

I was told that happiness is tied to what happens...you go up or down depending on what happens. But, joy, it is permenant! Gotta keep this in mind! :-)

I've really been working on having/keeping/embracing my faith at all times. I visited the The Man's church this past Sunday. And guess what the pastor spoke about? Trials and tribulations and keeping faith through all these times, not just the "sunny" days. Was I supposed to hear that or what? Very Happy
TheRYL1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next