CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Word.

+22
jaylin20032003
Sebastain13
BajanPrincess82
WhosThatRedHead
jackiej
Naturally Nu*
TriniCherryPrincess
DvaAuNaturel
freckledmom4
Ebbz
Nikcoils
CrissyQ
mverde3
nattyblog
BrownSkinDiva
Curly_Aquarius
TheRYL1
natural83
Lynnieluve
NewlyNina
tiashaunteé
Mangos&Bananas
26 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

The Word. - Page 3 Empty Re: The Word.

Post by TheRYL1 8th July 2010, 12:54 pm

A-men, y'all!

Faith and positivity...that's what I'm getting, here, today!

"If you believe it, confess it! If you confess it, dont stress it! :-)"

Mangoes&Bananas...you said it right here! :-)

Thank you!
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 8th July 2010, 6:44 pm

WOW I have never been in here. This is a great post, I will be back with mine.
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 9th July 2010, 12:43 pm

God Morning Y'all! Wow...I meant to write Good Morning...I started to revise it, but figured, it's just fine as is! :-)

I surely need a God morning today!

The devotional I received today is about FAITH! (Yep, everything I come across I'm finding faith to be the central idea...HMMMMM!!!!).

Hebrews 11:1

Now, faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

To weaken your doubts and strengthen your faith:

Read the Bible consistently--"There is a good dog and a bad dog fighting within each of us. The one that is going to win is the one we feed the most." (An old Chinese saying) A steady diet of the Word produces strong faith.

Turn to God constantly--We believe, but we also doubt. We must be honest with God (even about our doubts)...He always responds to honesty.

Focus on God continually--Psalms 34:4 I sought the Lord, He heard my cry and delivered me from all my fears.

Seek out faith-builders persistently--RUN from negative doubters and cynics! Look for people who walk in faith, who believe God and study His Word. They will encourage and build your faith while weakening your doubts.

I just had to share! :-)
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 9th July 2010, 12:58 pm

TheRYL1 wrote:
Read the Bible consistently--"There is a good dog and a bad dog fighting within each of us. The one that is going to win is the one we feed the most." (An old Chinese saying) A steady diet of the Word produces strong faith.

I love this!
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 9th July 2010, 3:01 pm

Tye Tribbet - I need you

How can a young man keep his way pure? By living according to your word. Psalm 119:9

Sometimes God's insturctions are so simple, yet we still act as thought we are ignorant as to where the answer to our problems are. Have a blessed Friday Ladies!
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 9th July 2010, 3:46 pm

npmoore04 wrote:
Sometimes God's insturctions are so simple, yet we still act as thought we are ignorant as to where the answer to our problems are. Have a blessed Friday Ladies!
We forget and want to solve the problem, handle the issue, have what we want RIGHT THEN, not even considering God's timetable! :-)
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by Mangos&Bananas 10th July 2010, 2:21 am

TheRYL1 wrote:God Morning Y'all! Wow...I meant to write Good Morning...I started to revise it, but figured, it's just fine as is! :-)

The devotional I received today is about FAITH! (Yep, everything I come across I'm finding faith to be the central idea...HMMMMM!!!!).

Now, faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

Turn to God constantly--We believe, but we also doubt. We must be honest with God (even about our doubts)...He always responds to honesty.

Focus on God continually--Psalms 34:4 I sought the Lord, He heard my cry and delivered me from all my fears.

Seek out faith-builders persistently--RUN from negative doubters and cynics! Look for people who walk in faith, who believe God and study His Word. They will encourage and build your faith while weakening your doubts.

Wow!! Thanks for that. Its amazing how thats exactly what I needed!! ahh, the beauty of being able to share and receive!! :-)
Mangos&Bananas
Mangos&Bananas

Back to top Go down

Post by nattyblog 10th July 2010, 11:53 pm

Mangos&Bananas wrote:Though of the week; Speak it into existance. Its not just enough to harbor beautiful senarios and thoughts in your mind. The lord didnt say Think it into existance He said SPEAK it! God isnt impressed with " Maybe Ill do better next time" or "Hopefully I'll get that house" or "One day that man He promised me will come along", you have to speak and declare it with your words!

As Christians we go around telling people "Be encouraged".. "you have the victory!". So if we know we have the victory why are we still walking around sad depressed and defeated as if we dont have a King who died on The Cross and a Father who sits on the Throne?! We are blessed when we come and blessed when we go! If you believe it, confess it! If you confess it, dont stress it! :-)

When God makes a promise He fulfills it! Think about it. Why would he promise it to you if he wasnt going to do it? God doesnt OWE use anything. We fall short of His Glory.He doesnt HAVE to make promises to us.But He makes them anyhow. In spite of ourselves, He choses to bless us. So if He said He will do it, He WILL do it.His word NEVER returns void. And we have to stop putting God on a timmer." Oh its been two weeks...Oh its been one year... Oh its been 2 years!" so what? If He said its comming then its comming. Be encouraged! The longer you wait, the BIGGER the blessing. :-)Think about it, what takes longer to make a four course meal, or a grilled cheese sandwhich. Our God isnt a God that whipps up any old thing. He wants to bless you more than you have room to receive. Im encouraged! Enjoy the rest of your week ladies!!!!!!! :-)

GIRL!! You just blessed my socks off with that one!

Lynnieluve wrote:Here's another one.....(he needs to make a Thought for the day book..these are really good!!)

"Thought for today...(I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me; Philippians 4:19) When you buy a cell phone they usually come with a charger. A 3g or 4g cell phone can do a lot, but without a charger it's useless. God created us with the capability of doing GREAT things through Christ Jesus. Without PLUGGING into the SOURCE of our STRENGTH, we will eventually lose POWER." - J. Thompson

This was my joint today!

TheRYL1 wrote:God Morning Y'all! Wow...I meant to write Good Morning...I started to revise it, but figured, it's just fine as is! :-)

Okay, I'm taking all these goodies with me to bed tonight! That's what I'm talking about!!! bounce

Well, along with what I'm on now...I have been contemplating my rights as a child of God. Still working on this. But, I'm just determined to experience that "every spiritual blessing in heavenly places in Christ Jesus". Jesus died to give me that and it would be completely irresponsible of me and even disrespectful to not receive that and to allow my spiritual enemy to rob me of it. Joy, peace, health and wholeness in my soul and my body, sound relationships, wisdom from God, etc., all of that belong to me and I'm determined to have all of it! As a believer, this is my covenant right.

Still, more and more recently, I believe that the Lord has been talking to me about the fact that He is not only my heavenly Father and my Friend. But He is also God. And I live a pretty clean life. But, the Christian life is not just about what all you don't do. It's not really a set of rules. It is a lifestyle, but it's not just a lifestyle. It's a relationship. And, at times, like any other relationship, I suppose the one who is giving the most asks for more. More time. More intimacy. Going deeper in God. I believe if I'm determined to have what all He died to give me, I have to go even deeper. To the children of Israel, He showed his acts. But to Moses, He showed His ways. But Moses was the only one who would venture to go closer to God. At the burning bush, he got closer. Then there are the times in Ex. where he went up the mountain to talk to God and get His commands. One particular part that I'm thinking about is chaps. 19 and 20 where he was told to consecrate the people because God would come speak to them the next day. Then he was told to not to let the people force their way through or the Lord would break out against them. Not even the priests could force their way through unless they consecrated themselves. Then God gave His commandments and right after that, the people were like, Moses, you talk to us but don't have God speak to us or we'll die.

I'm sure there are a lot of things one could get out of that. But I think what I'm getting is that this was God's holy mountain. These are God's set apart people. But they couldn't force themselves through to God-NOT EVEN THE PRIESTS. They were consecrated before going to hear from the Lord. But they could not get through to see God unless they were further consecrated according to God. The chaps. say they had to consecrate themselves or the Lord would break out against them. Even while they were the chosen people of God, even if they lived holier lives by most in comparison, there was still more consecration needed before they could get closer. In the end, the people had to remain at a distance. I'm not good with that for myself.

So, I want to realize this "every spiritual blessing in heavenly places in Christ" promise. But I can't force my way through. I'm cleansed by Christ, but I've got to consecrate myself. How do I further consecrate myself? Again, still working on this. But, I can't just be content to be a good girl. I've got to live by every Word that comes out of the mouth of God. So, I suppose I should listen even closer in every aspect of my life. I might have to sacrifice that extra fifteen minutes of tv to pray now rather than right before bed because the power is available at the time the Spirit prompts me-not when Burn Notice is over. I might have to not buy that EXTRA bottle of conditioner and pray that God shows me someone who needs a couple dollars to bless instead. When I wake up in the middle of the night, rather than turning over to look at the clock and then rolling back to catch some more z's, I might have to get up and intercede for someone that He places on my heart or even someone I don't even know or maybe the government and this nation (rather than always complaining about it). I might have to check myself on the days that while I'm doing people right on the outside (because, you know, we got the Christian look down), I KNOW my attitude ain't right on the inside and so does the Lord. I might have to nip my gossiping in the bud because even if it is about Alicia Keys or Chris Brown, it's still gossiping (this is strictly a personal conviction-doesn't have to be shared). So guilty of this. I guess it's just time to get it tight.

"He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful." John 15:2

Still digesting all this and trying to get to a more complete understanding of it all. But this is where I'm at right now in my understanding of it.

nattyblog
nattyblog

http://naturalgeek.onsugar.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 13th July 2010, 1:31 pm

Nattyblog...you have me thinking this morning!

My daughter and I have discussed commenting on folks' lives. It is not our business! There I am judging...NOT my job! Even if it's something like..."Look at her hair" Who am I to comment on someone's anything? Yeah, I'm a work in progress.

Here's my scripture for today (it was in today's devotional):

John 8:7
He who is without sin among you, let him throw a stone at her first.

And you know, not one stone was tossed! :-)
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by Mangos&Bananas 14th July 2010, 8:54 pm

@Natty - Girl you are SO on. Thanks for the word. John 15-2 was REAL! and you are so right, "every spiritual blessing in Heavely places in Christ" is His word! We can have what He says we can have. The desires of our heart...all of them. Not some, or half. His Grace is sufficiet so supply ALL of our needs! I love it :-)

@TheRYL1 LOL!! very true. we're all still a work in progress!
Mangos&Bananas
Mangos&Bananas

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 15th July 2010, 1:16 pm

Good Morning!

I ran to this thread this morning...I'M IN NEED! :-)

Over the last two years, I've had a health issue (that is now under control--YAY) that has wreaked havoc on my finances. Man, a chick has been through it! Today, it's just getting me down...struggling to pay this and that...SMH. But, I KNOW I have to put it all in His hands...this I know. Yet, it seems like I try to "solve" my issues myself...that surely leads to headaches.

So I'm here today soaking up the Word (and encouragement) from ladies on the same page--believers...can ya dig it? I'm thankful for being able to come here and LET IT GO! :-)

Y'all...GOD IS SO GOOD! As I'm typing this, my friend comes to talk. His friend has passed and asked that he do the eulogy. So, in discussing this (and the death of the friend)...I realized I'm on the right path...let it go...give it to HIM...FEAR NOT SAID THE LORD, I AM WITH THEE! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Scriptures for today:

Psalms 46:1
God is our refuge and strength, and a very present help in trouble.

Psalms 46:10
Be still and know that I am God...

Can I get an A-MEN?! :-)
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebbz 16th July 2010, 2:33 am

Though shall have no other God before me....

Idols...idols can be other gods, material things, people, anything that we put before God!

Seek ye first the kingdom of God and his righteousness and all others things shall be added unto you (this was my senior quote).

Be blessed ladies!
Ebbz
Ebbz

https://www.facebook.com/ekragin or www.twitter.com/TRUELIFE_ebbz

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 16th July 2010, 3:20 pm

Phillippians 4:6

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made know to God.

Yep, I need to get this one tattoo'd! :-)
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by Mangos&Bananas 17th July 2010, 12:27 am

Dont let today pass you by while waiting for tommorow. Each day carries blessing of its own. Church folk use to say "Your one hallelujah away from that blessing" .."One Thank You Jesus away from that miracle." so enjoy today, for tommorows blessings will take care of themselves. Hes an ON-TIME God!!

Heard Joyce Meyers preachin' the other day and she said

"Where the mind goes..the man follows! Where you are today is because of what you thought yesterday." --- agreeeeeed :-)

Have a blessed week ladies!
Mangos&Bananas
Mangos&Bananas

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 17th July 2010, 5:11 am

Heard Joyce Meyers preachin' the other day and she said

"Where the mind goes..the man follows! Where you are today is because of what you thought yesterday." --- agreeeeeed :-)

Wow! I can't do anything but agree with this here! :-)
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by Mangos&Bananas 19th July 2010, 2:43 pm

TheRYL1 wrote:Heard Joyce Meyers preachin' the other day and she said

Wow! I can't do anything but agree with this here! :-)

Yes ma'am Ms. Meyers be preachin'!! I think I might have to start watching her on Youtube. I watch Bishop T.D Jakes on Youtube sometimes, good stuff!!!
Mangos&Bananas
Mangos&Bananas

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 19th July 2010, 10:50 pm

This is an awesome thread. I'll definitely be watching! Thanks for sharing your lives in the Word.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 19th July 2010, 11:15 pm

[quote="Mangos&Bananas"]
TheRYL1 wrote:Heard Joyce Meyers preachin' the other day and she said

Loving this thread. Really like the quote above too.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by Mangos&Bananas 20th July 2010, 4:15 am

Hey women of the Word! :-)

1 Peter Verse 10;

"But the God of Grace who hath called us unto His eternal Glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered awhile, make you perfect, stablish, stregthen, settle you"

Church folk use to say, "Troubles dont last always". And that phrase holds more truth than we know. Alot of people have been out of "thier storm" for a while, but are still re-living it day after day. We want to receive but we are not yet receptive. The thing is, God puts us through test but He doesnt leave us there.Alot of the times we have been delivered from our situations and circumstances, but we chose to remaine inside of them. Afraid to move on because subconciously we have gotten comfotable with being "broken". So comfortable that we can not see that we have already healed. We get use to being the victem, when God has intended for us to be victorious. We still pray the same prayers out of habbit. Prayers full of pain, and little praise. We passively convince ourselves that we are waiting on The Lord but in all actuality He is waitin on us! He wants to bless us, but were so use to "being hurt". Prayers are not to remove the past, they are to create a future. Some times you gotta tell yourself to SNAP OUT OF IT.One day your going to wake up and see that you are not the same person that you were 'yesterday'. You dont say the same things that you use to say, and you dont do the same things that you use to do. God took what was meant for your harm, and turned it into your good. The word says "He gives you beauty for your ashes". Sometimes the reason you dont receive is because your so busy being broken you didnt realize you were healed. So whats it going to be... The Victem or the Victor?

After every Test comes a testimony. One of the ways we can honor God and give Him victory, is to share our storys with people who need to hear it. And not just that "one story" that you like to tell. The one story that sounds good, and says all the right things.Believe it or not, thats not the one that needs to be heard. People dont need the fluffy cute stuff. They need the to hear about the tears. The pain, the doubts, the midnight hours, the silent prayers. and the TRIUMPH! God wants us to share that story...yes that one! The one that we cant even tell ourselves sometimes. The one that made you cry every time you prayed. The test you thought you would never get through, thats the test that gives God Glory. I am a firm believer that testimonys set you free. "Ye are the light of the world, A city that is set on a hill can not be hid."In Mathew 5;13 The Lord says "ye are the salt of the Earth." He then asks, "but if that salt has lost its savour...where within shall it[the Earth] be salted?"

Have a blessed week ladies! :-)
Mangos&Bananas
Mangos&Bananas

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 20th July 2010, 11:33 am

Good Word M&B! Reminds me of Isreal Houghton's song which I played over and over last night, "Moving Forward." My favorite part is when he sings, "You make all things new and I will follow you forward," because often we do get stuck in our past trials and tribulations not realizing that we had to go through it for God to purify some things, attitudes, behaviors out of our lives. Thanks again.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 20th July 2010, 5:27 pm

Wow! That's all I can say! :-) Lately, I've been spiritually urged to focus on my faith. Now, I find that in addition to working on my faith, I also must work at getting over the past and learning to withstand all storms...in PEACE! I guess it all goes together, huh?

Mangoes & Bananas...you said it today! PREACH! I sometimes think about "that story". Will I ever have the courage to testify about it? Well, I guess I'm moving toward that time!

I read this this morning...it goes along with what M&B said:

James 5:16

Confess your trespasses to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much.

Have a wonderul day, Ladies!
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by nattyblog 22nd July 2010, 2:19 am

Mangos&Bananas wrote:Hey women of the Word! :-)

1 Peter Verse 10;

"But the God of Grace who hath called us unto His eternal Glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered awhile, make you perfect, stablish, stregthen, settle you"

Church folk use to say, "Troubles dont last always". And that phrase holds more truth than we know. Alot of people have been out of "thier storm" for a while, but are still re-living it day after day. We want to receive but we are not yet receptive. The thing is, God puts us through test but He doesnt leave us there.Alot of the times we have been delivered from our situations and circumstances, but we chose to remaine inside of them. Afraid to move on because subconciously we have gotten comfotable with being "broken". So comfortable that we can not see that we have already healed. We get use to being the victem, when God has intended for us to be victorious. We still pray the same prayers out of habbit. Prayers full of pain, and little praise. We passively convince ourselves that we are waiting on The Lord but in all actuality He is waitin on us! He wants to bless us, but were so use to "being hurt". Prayers are not to remove the past, they are to create a future. Some times you gotta tell yourself to SNAP OUT OF IT.One day your going to wake up and see that you are not the same person that you were 'yesterday'. You dont say the same things that you use to say, and you dont do the same things that you use to do. God took what was meant for your harm, and turned it into your good. The word says "He gives you beauty for your ashes". Sometimes the reason you dont receive is because your so busy being broken you didnt realize you were healed. So whats it going to be... The Victem or the Victor?

After every Test comes a testimony. One of the ways we can honor God and give Him victory, is to share our storys with people who need to hear it. And not just that "one story" that you like to tell. The one story that sounds good, and says all the right things.Believe it or not, thats not the one that needs to be heard. People dont need the fluffy cute stuff. They need the to hear about the tears. The pain, the doubts, the midnight hours, the silent prayers. and the TRIUMPH! God wants us to share that story...yes that one! The one that we cant even tell ourselves sometimes. The one that made you cry every time you prayed. The test you thought you would never get through, thats the test that gives God Glory. I am a firm believer that testimonys set you free. "Ye are the light of the world, A city that is set on a hill can not be hid."In Mathew 5;13 The Lord says "ye are the salt of the Earth." He then asks, "but if that salt has lost its savour...where within shall it[the Earth] be salted?"

Have a blessed week ladies! :-)

Girl you betta go!! That was so good I could drive to Newark and "slap my momma"!! Awesome!!

And I love Joyce Meyer too! She's one of my fave ministers of the Word. Such a practical application of the Word.

freckledmom4 wrote:Good Word M&B! Reminds me of Isreal Houghton's song which I played over and over last night, "Moving Forward." My favorite part is when he sings, "You make all things new and I will follow you forward," because often we do get stuck in our past trials and tribulations not realizing that we had to go through it for God to purify some things, attitudes, behaviors out of our lives. Thanks again.

Yes! Purification. Made me think of the three Hebrew boys tossed into the fire and that fourth man. I believe they had the opportunity after seeing the furnace to say, "Wait a minute. I may have spoken too soon." But they resolved within themselves to endure that furnace, to do it God's way no matter what, and they came out without even smelling like smoke!

TheRYL1 wrote:Wow! That's all I can say! :-) Lately, I've been spiritually urged to focus on my faith. Now, I find that in addition to working on my faith, I also must work at getting over the past and learning to withstand all storms...in PEACE! I guess it all goes together, huh?

Mangoes & Bananas...you said it today! PREACH! I sometimes think about "that story". Will I ever have the courage to testify about it? Well, I guess I'm moving toward that time!

I read this this morning...it goes along with what M&B said:

James 5:16

Confess your trespasses to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much.

Have a wonderul day, Ladies!

Peace. I love that word. I think for a long time I didn't have it until I realized it was inside of me in seed form from receiving Christ. I only had to water it with the Word and walk in it by exercising it a bit everyday. Challenging myself to have peace when the enemy of my soul would do his darndest to get me out of it. Doing what I had to do but learning to laugh in the midst of the pressure. Keeping your peace when everything else is trying to get you riled up is real spiritual warfare and it works! The Word is the best cure for anxiety!

Lawd!! Do I have a story! But not enough room to tell it on this forum, lol!
nattyblog
nattyblog

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 22nd July 2010, 12:30 pm

Peace. I love that word. I think for a long time I didn't have it until I realized it was inside of me in seed form from receiving Christ. I only had to water it with the Word and walk in it by exercising it a bit everyday. Challenging myself to have peace when the enemy of my soul would do his darndest to get me out of it. Doing what I had to do but learning to laugh in the midst of the pressure. Keeping your peace when everything else is trying to get you riled up is real spiritual warfare and it works! The Word is the best cure for anxiety!

Lawd!! Do I have a story! But not enough room to tell it on this forum, lol!

Natty...you said it! I, too, have had to realize that I can have peace...it's within...it's when I let the outside influence me, that's when I lose my peace. But, it is up to me...to know the Word and have it as my shield because storms will always be. The question is: How will I handle them?

Ephesisan 6:10-17

10 Finally, my brethern, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might.
11 put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil
12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.
13 Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
14 Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness,
15 And having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
16 Above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one.
17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

I waffled over putting all this or pieces...would I have time before my training, etc. And you know folks KEPT coming to talk while I'm typing this...but I know I needed to finish! And I did...AMEN! :-)
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by nattyblog 22nd July 2010, 12:42 pm

Wooohoooo! Now that's what I'm talking about RYL1!

Have you heard Joyce Meyer's Armed & Dangerous series? It is all about this topic. My life completely changed after I heard it! It's got it's own playlist on my iPod, lol!

nattyblog
nattyblog

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 23rd July 2010, 2:22 pm

Hey Nattyblog!

I heard snippets of it...I like her...she always says something I need to hear!

Hey Ladies of the Word!

Have you ever felt that the devil is bothering you just when you know you are turning a corner, growing in your journey with God? That's how I felt yesterday. The demon tried to steal all my joy...bringing up old ish! Man! I kept praying, repeating scriptures to get him up off of me! :-)

Today's devotional spoke about anger and bitterness and old things to let go of...hmmmm! Was it just for me today? Of course...don't He give you what you need when you need it? So, I'm proud to say...I did something I needed to do concerning my daughter's father that I'd been dragging my feet about because of...wait for it....OLD ISH! Yeah, I'm not proud, but I'm thankful I heard God tell me...LET IT GO! And I do feel as though something heavy has been removed from me...Man...God is.

In yesterday's fight with myself, I really had to watch my mouth toward The Man! Oh, God, THAT is a battle for real. It was like he was COMMANDED to step on my issue, right at that moment! See how the demon works? But, it was a test...I'll give myself a C+...and that's waaayyy better than I've been, so I'm good!

James 1:19-20

19 So then, my beloved brethern, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath;
20 For the wrath of man does not produce the righteousness of God.

AMEN!
TheRYL1
TheRYL1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next