The Word.

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Word.

Post by TheRYL1 on 29th June 2010, 2:24 pm

@TheRYL1 I love that Phillipians 4:11-13! we must both hunger and be filled at the same time. your right, easier said than done! :-)
I take "hunger" as the expectancy of reaping the seeds we sow, and "being filled" as knowing that those seeds will come in due season.how do you take it?[/quote]

@Mangoes&Bananas...
This scripture here was shown to me when I was really in the valley (as Iyanla calls it)! I found it (well, it found me...;-) when I had to know my faith would carry me through anything. I took being abased & abound/hunger & full" as life stages that no matter in which one I'm in...I will be alright...and I must be content in either state...if I BELIEVE. No worrying, no fighing "to make it right"...just BE and know God "got this"! :-)

I like what you say: "I take "hunger" as the expectancy of reaping the seeds we sow, and "being filled" as knowing that those seeds will come in due season." I hadn't looked at it in this way! This way is the next step for me...THANK YOU!
avatar
TheRYL1

Posts : 1508
Join date : 2009-10-30
Age : 48
Location : Inglewood, CA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Word.

Post by TheRYL1 on 29th June 2010, 2:27 pm

BrownSkinDiva wrote:
TheRYL1 wrote:Here are mine for today:

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God. Philippians 4:6

Be still and know that I am God... Psalms 46:10

These spoke to me today...perhaps someone else needs to "hear" them, too! ;-)

girl you got me about to cry at work, i NEEDED this!!!

Thank you so much!!
@BrownSkinDiva...heck, you got me crying! You are so welcome! It's good to know it "fed" you this morning! :-)
avatar
TheRYL1

Posts : 1508
Join date : 2009-10-30
Age : 48
Location : Inglewood, CA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Word.

Post by BrownSkinDiva on 29th June 2010, 2:29 pm

TheRYL1 wrote:
BrownSkinDiva wrote:
TheRYL1 wrote:Here are mine for today:

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God. Philippians 4:6

Be still and know that I am God... Psalms 46:10

These spoke to me today...perhaps someone else needs to "hear" them, too! ;-)

girl you got me about to cry at work, i NEEDED this!!!

Thank you so much!!
@BrownSkinDiva...heck, you got me crying! You are so welcome! It's good to know it "fed" you this morning! :-)

Its just amazing how Gods word can truly speak to your heart. When youve been praying on something and He uses someone else to confirm what you should do, its so powerful. How He orchestrates our lives and the people he puts in it fascinates me. He's such an amazing God!
avatar
BrownSkinDiva

Posts : 798
Join date : 2009-12-03
Age : 35
Location : Raleigh/Durham, NC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Word.

Post by TheRYL1 on 29th June 2010, 3:42 pm

BrownSkinDva...I so agree with you. I always think of the saying..."Sometimes the only word of God one may hear today, may come from you."

I'm learning to just BE...this is God's world, I'm just in it! LOL And I'm finding the scriptures I'm coming across lately to be on that...faith and patience...areas where I need work! I know it's not a coincidence, either! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Psalm 40:1-3

I waited patiently for the Lord; and He inclined to me, and heard my cry. (2) He also brought me up out of a horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my steps. (3) He has put a new song in my mouth--praise to our God; many will see it and fear, and will trust in the Lord.

Have a great day, Ladies!
avatar
TheRYL1

Posts : 1508
Join date : 2009-10-30
Age : 48
Location : Inglewood, CA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Word.

Post by nattyblog on 29th June 2010, 10:21 pm

tiashauntee wrote:Scripture: Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Song: Jesus Promised
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCN8c8BRoD0
"I can call him in the morning, I can call him in the middle of the night, And when I call him everything's gonna be alright"



Amazing thread!
I love that scripture in Jeremiah! I have so many others too. One of my favorites that I used to sleep on is Isaiah 60:1, Arise, shine for your light has come and the glory of the Lord has risen upon you.

I love the word "has" because it means I don't have to wait to get out of my funk, my blues, my pain. All I have to do is decide to act in obedience to this Word, believing. I love that whatever I need, He's got me covered! I get up, clean myself up, put my garments of praise on, and I always come out in victory! God is good!



avatar
nattyblog

Posts : 715
Join date : 2010-05-29

View user profile http://naturalgeek.onsugar.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Word.

Post by tiashaunteé on 30th June 2010, 10:06 am

nattyblog wrote:
tiashauntee wrote:Scripture: Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Song: Jesus Promised
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCN8c8BRoD0
"I can call him in the morning, I can call him in the middle of the night, And when I call him everything's gonna be alright"



Amazing thread!
I love that scripture in Jeremiah! I have so many others too. One of my favorites that I used to sleep on is Isaiah 60:1, Arise, shine for your light has come and the glory of the Lord has risen upon you.

I love the word "has" because it means I don't have to wait to get out of my funk, my blues, my pain. All I have to do is decide to act in obedience to this Word, believing. I love that whatever I need, He's got me covered! I get up, clean myself up, put my garments of praise on, and I always come out in victory! God is good!




Great point! I never thought of it that way, I am now looking at the word "has" the same way. It makes perfect sense.
avatar
tiashaunteé

Posts : 4297
Join date : 2009-10-23
Age : 35
Location : Raleigh, NC

View user profile http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: The Word.

Post by Lynnieluve on 30th June 2010, 11:42 am

Here is another Thought of the Day from my FB friend..

"Imagine our HEART as if it were our HOUSE. WHO and WHAT we let inside determines our THOUGHTS & ACTIONS. When we ALLOW the enemy to ENTER our house, he redecorates by moving things in that shouldn't be there. When we INVITE Jesus to our HOUSE, He CLEANS UP what the emeny MESSED UP. Let Jesus be the LIGHT in our HOUSE." ~ J. Thompson

_________________
Self BC: August 9, 2009
"God will never put more on you than you can bear"

My Curl Street Journal

My Fotki

My Youtube Channel
avatar
Lynnieluve

Posts : 8638
Join date : 2009-10-30
Age : 40
Location : Mississippi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Word.

Post by Mangos&Bananas on 1st July 2010, 3:01 am

Evening Ladies,

I've been hearing alot of preaching latley and coincidenatally the underlying message in alot of it seems to be that "the harder it gets, the closer you are." I've been catching myself "hoping" but not "expecting". I have to keep reminding myself, daily that "without faith it is impossible to please Him." [Hebrews 11:6] . The virtue of patience is often mistaken with the vice of complacency.[Proverbs 1:32]. To 'be still' does not mean to be complacent, because as we know, faith without works is dead.[James 2:20] So I had to seriously ask myself today "Am I expecting...or hoping?".We sow seeds with confidence, because Hes an "On Time God". He's Faithful to His word, and Hes not a man that he should lie.The reason having real, genuine, undisturbed, unwavering Faith is often difficult, is because it is one of the most precious things we can offer the Him. It brings me to a point of reverence.

Is God your steering Wheel? Or your spare Tire? Do You use Him to drive? Or call on Him only when you get a Flat.-- We as woman of the 'Word', need to show reverence.

---SONG; Midnight- by coco gamble and brent jones. really beautiful song.

Just Thought I'd share my struggle for the day.Sometimes its really hard.But the battles already won.Be encouraged!
avatar
Mangos&Bananas

Posts : 202
Join date : 2010-06-01
Age : 28
Location : Houston, Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Word.

Post by tiashaunteé on 1st July 2010, 11:31 am

Mangos&Bananas wrote:Evening Ladies,

I've been hearing alot of preaching latley and coincidenatally the underlying message in alot of it seems to be that "the harder it gets, the closer you are." I've been catching myself "hoping" but not "expecting". I have to keep reminding myself, daily that "without faith it is impossible to please Him." [Hebrews 11] . The virtue of patience is often mistaken with the vice of complacency.[Proverbs 1]. To 'be still' does not mean to be complacent, because as we know, faith without works is dead.[James 2] So I had to seriously ask myself today "Am I expecting...or hoping?".We sow seeds with confidence, because Hes an "On Time God". He's Faithful to His word, and Hes not a man that he should lie.The reason having real, genuine, undisturbed, unwavering Faith is often difficult, is because it is one of the most precious things we can offer the Him. It brings me to a point of reverence.

Is God your steering Wheel? Or your spare Tire? Do You use Him to drive? Or call on Him only when you get a Flat.-- We as woman of the 'Word', need to show reverence.

---SONG; Midnight- by coco gamble and brent jones. really beautiful song.

Just Thought I'd share my struggle for the day.Sometimes its really hard.But the battles already won.Be encouraged!

Awesome msg!
avatar
tiashaunteé

Posts : 4297
Join date : 2009-10-23
Age : 35
Location : Raleigh, NC

View user profile http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: The Word.

Post by Lynnieluve on 1st July 2010, 11:36 am

Mangos&Bananas wrote:Evening Ladies,

I've been hearing alot of preaching latley and coincidenatally the underlying message in alot of it seems to be that "the harder it gets, the closer you are." I've been catching myself "hoping" but not "expecting". I have to keep reminding myself, daily that "without faith it is impossible to please Him." [Hebrews 11] . The virtue of patience is often mistaken with the vice of complacency.[Proverbs 1]. To 'be still' does not mean to be complacent, because as we know, faith without works is dead.[James 2] So I had to seriously ask myself today "Am I expecting...or hoping?".We sow seeds with confidence, because Hes an "On Time God". He's Faithful to His word, and Hes not a man that he should lie.The reason having real, genuine, undisturbed, unwavering Faith is often difficult, is because it is one of the most precious things we can offer the Him. It brings me to a point of reverence.

Is God your steering Wheel? Or your spare Tire? Do You use Him to drive? Or call on Him only when you get a Flat.-- We as woman of the 'Word', need to show reverence.

---SONG; Midnight- by coco gamble and brent jones. really beautiful song.

Just Thought I'd share my struggle for the day.Sometimes its really hard.But the battles already won.Be encouraged!

Great reminder!!

_________________
Self BC: August 9, 2009
"God will never put more on you than you can bear"

My Curl Street Journal

My Fotki

My Youtube Channel
avatar
Lynnieluve

Posts : 8638
Join date : 2009-10-30
Age : 40
Location : Mississippi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Word.

Post by TheRYL1 on 1st July 2010, 1:45 pm

Mangos&Bananas wrote:Evening Ladies,

I've been hearing alot of preaching latley and coincidenatally the underlying message in alot of it seems to be that "the harder it gets, the closer you are." I've been catching myself "hoping" but not "expecting". I have to keep reminding myself, daily that "without faith it is impossible to please Him." [Hebrews 11] . The virtue of patience is often mistaken with the vice of complacency.[Proverbs 1]. To 'be still' does not mean to be complacent, because as we know, faith without works is dead.[James 2] So I had to seriously ask myself today "Am I expecting...or hoping?".We sow seeds with confidence, because Hes an "On Time God". He's Faithful to His word, and Hes not a man that he should lie.The reason having real, genuine, undisturbed, unwavering Faith is often difficult, is because it is one of the most precious things we can offer the Him. It brings me to a point of reverence.

Is God your steering Wheel? Or your spare Tire? Do You use Him to drive? Or call on Him only when you get a Flat.-- We as woman of the 'Word', need to show reverence.

---SONG; Midnight- by coco gamble and brent jones. really beautiful song.

Just Thought I'd share my struggle for the day.Sometimes its really hard.But the battles already won.Be encouraged!
WOW! You know how you get the message that you know is for you right then, at that moment? Well, this is how I'm feeling today. I planned to post about faith as well...

A devotional I received this morning discussed Mark 5:21-34...the unclean woman who only wished to "touch the hem of His garment". I had always looked at this passage as speaking on Jesus' mercy, His love. But, today I truly realized, it also speaks on faith...do you believe no matter what? This woman had been through so much, but she KNEW if only she could touch Him, she'd be healed.

Mark 5:34 And He said to her, "Daughter, your faith has made you well. Go in peace, and be healed of your affliction."

This question was asked...pretty interesting! :-)

"How would you feel if Jesus stopped right in the middle of what He was doing to speak to you and take care of your needs?

Mangoes&Bananas...in answer to your question(s)...I can say, at one time I did only call when I had a flat! SMH It took me a while to "get it", but, thankfully, I've learned He is the driver...I am a passenger for sure!
avatar
TheRYL1

Posts : 1508
Join date : 2009-10-30
Age : 48
Location : Inglewood, CA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Word.

Post by tiashaunteé on 1st July 2010, 2:04 pm

TheRYL1 wrote:

"How would you feel if Jesus stopped right in the middle of what He was doing to speak to you and take care of your needs?


I would be so overwhelmed with joy. I start to feel that way just thinking about it.
avatar
tiashaunteé

Posts : 4297
Join date : 2009-10-23
Age : 35
Location : Raleigh, NC

View user profile http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: The Word.

Post by TheRYL1 on 1st July 2010, 4:37 pm

tiashauntee wrote:
TheRYL1 wrote:

"How would you feel if Jesus stopped right in the middle of what He was doing to speak to you and take care of your needs?


I would be so overwhelmed with joy. I start to feel that way just thinking about it.

The thought makes me feel warm...like the brightest light is shining on me!
avatar
TheRYL1

Posts : 1508
Join date : 2009-10-30
Age : 48
Location : Inglewood, CA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Word.

Post by Mangos&Bananas on 1st July 2010, 6:17 pm

TheRYL1 wrote:
WOW! You know how you get the message that you know is for you right then, at that moment? Well, this is how I'm feeling today. I planned to post about faith as well...

A devotional I received this morning discussed Mark 5:21-34...the unclean woman who only wished to "touch the hem of His garment". I had always looked at this passage as speaking on Jesus' mercy, His love. But, today I truly realized, it also speaks on faith...do you believe no matter what? This woman had been through so much, but she KNEW if only she could touch Him, she'd be healed.

Mark 5:34 And He said to her, "Daughter, your faith has made you well. Go in peace, and be healed of your affliction."

This question was asked...pretty interesting! :-)

"How would you feel if Jesus stopped right in the middle of what He was doing to speak to you and take care of your needs?

Mangoes&Bananas...in answer to your question(s)...I can say, at one time I did only call when I had a flat! SMH It took me a while to "get it", but, thankfully, I've learned He is the driver...I am a passenger for sure!

That was beautiful RYL! Thanks for that scripture, it really spoke to me today! That Passage also reminds me of 'speaking things into existence'. I feel like our faith makes leaps when we not only beleive it in our mind, but confess it with our mouths. Wonderful example!
avatar
Mangos&Bananas

Posts : 202
Join date : 2010-06-01
Age : 28
Location : Houston, Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Word.

Post by Mangos&Bananas on 1st July 2010, 6:22 pm

tiashauntee wrote:
TheRYL1 wrote:

"How would you feel if Jesus stopped right in the middle of what He was doing to speak to you and take care of your needs?


I would be so overwhelmed with joy. I start to feel that way just thinking about it.

Yes, its very overwhelming!! He is the greatest Love, and its very comforting to know that Hes never inconvenienced, and always available.---good thought!! :-)
avatar
Mangos&Bananas

Posts : 202
Join date : 2010-06-01
Age : 28
Location : Houston, Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Word.

Post by nattyblog on 2nd July 2010, 5:25 am

TheRYL1 wrote:
tiashauntee wrote:
TheRYL1 wrote:

"How would you feel if Jesus stopped right in the middle of what He was doing to speak to you and take care of your needs?


I would be so overwhelmed with joy. I start to feel that way just thinking about it.

The thought makes me feel warm...like the brightest light is shining on me!


This is pretty interesting to me. I was reading earlier this week and it crossed my mind that He always asked us what we wanted, didn't He? Like when the first disciples were called and some of them were following Him and He was like, "What do you seek?" In modern terms, "What're you looking for?" Or when the guy was sitting at the fountain for, what was it, thirty years? And He was like, "Do you want to get well?" And like the time when John's disciples came to ask Him if He was the one or should they look for another and He was like, "What'd y'all come out here to see?" I got the impression that if I went to Him and I was seriously ill, He seriously would look me in the face and be like, "What do you want me to do?" But, I think the fact that He asks is really telling. Because it's not like He doesn't know what we would say. I think some of the reasons He asks is to point out that we do have a choice in what we want and to make us aware that we should constantly ask ourselves these questions to determine what it is that we are looking for from Him. I think asking us these questions gently reveals to us that we need to separate what we say we want from that thing that is really necessary that won't be taken away from us. Because He is already the answer to whatever it is we want-which is in most cases a need wrapped up by a thick layer of desire. I don't believe we find out that He is the answer though until we find out how to answer that question properly.

Particularly in the one question where He was talking to John's disciples and then addressed the crowd it's almost like He gets into a little rant. What'd you come all the way out here into the dry desert to see? A warm and fuzzy preacher with a warm and fuzzy message? It's not going to happen. I mean, for real, John comes without the eating and drinking and you have a problem with him. The Son of Man comes eating and drinking, and you still have a problem. Make up your mind because this Word is right and it's going to stay the same, regardless.

To me, that sounds like a wake up call. That's a specific case where I believe He was signifying the end of a certain time in the history of Israel regarding the old prophetic order ending with John. But, it could be applied to every question He asks. Take, "What do we seek Him for?" I think for a long time I thought being a Christian meant no more struggles. If I follow such and such rules, this won't happen. Well...things still happen from time to time. I came for a peaceful picnic and I got a fight of faith instead. It's a good fight though because He overcame the world. He is the answer. I wanted a drama-less life but what I really needed was victory in spite of the drama and I experienced it only after I figured out how to answer the question properly. Then I knew what to seek Him for so that I could ask in accordance to His will and receive.

Every time someone asked Him for something, even if He was on the way somewhere, He took care of their need. Even for those that were not of the house of Israel (the "dog" woman). That is His heart for us, and more than that, that is His attitude about fulfilling the will of His father. The Godhead covenant is so binding to and with Himself that He is obligated to fulfill your need according to the will of the Father. It just might be time for us to realize that while it's our responsibility to ask in order to give Him authority to perform in our lives, it's already a finished work and we need to agree with that work. Like that great example with the woman and the issue of blood, virtue is always going out from Him to meet our exact need. We just need to know it and seek Him for it until we get to Him.

He really has this standing question/conversation with all of us, "What do you want me to do?"

I think that's pretty interesting. It makes me feel pretty warm inside too. Very Happy
avatar
nattyblog

Posts : 715
Join date : 2010-05-29

View user profile http://naturalgeek.onsugar.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Word.

Post by TheRYL1 on 2nd July 2010, 12:32 pm

"...virtue is always going out from Him to meet our exact need. We just need to know it and seek Him for it until we get to Him."

nabbyblog...YES...this says it right here! :-) He never leaves us...we leave him, trying to do OUR will, instead of realizing, it's all His will.

Today I just wanna say I'm THANKFUL...thank you Lord for all you've done for me! I'm thankful for this day, seeing one more; I'm thankful for my health...and that of my child...I'm thankful for my employment; I'm thankful for the DECENT man who has stepped into my life...I'm just thankful...no more, no less! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Pslams 118:24

This is the day the Lord has made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.


Have a wonderful day and a safe holiday weekend, y'all! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
TheRYL1

Posts : 1508
Join date : 2009-10-30
Age : 48
Location : Inglewood, CA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Word.

Post by mverde3 on 2nd July 2010, 8:49 pm

I was listening to the song "Still here" by Travis Greene (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6o3HRg3CNo&feature=related) and the phrase that really stood out to me was this one --> "He promised to never leave me nor forsake me and If the devil could kill me he would have done it by now"

So many times I think I have it bad or that I am alone but because I am a conqueror through Christ and the fact that I am still here, I know God's purpose for me is not fulfilled yet.
avatar
mverde3

Posts : 282
Join date : 2009-12-22
Age : 27
Location : South Florida

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Word.

Post by Lynnieluve on 7th July 2010, 12:13 pm

Another status from my FB friend

"CNN did a report on birds covered in oil from the coastal oil spill. When pulled from the dangerous oil, they are cleaned, treated, and released, but some of them go right back into the oil they were rescued from. Through GRACE, God has PULLED us out of situations that have HURT us in the PAST. The problem is we tend to GO BACK into the same situation He DELIVERED us from. Don't let the PAST ROB you of your FUTURE." ~J. Thompson

_________________
Self BC: August 9, 2009
"God will never put more on you than you can bear"

My Curl Street Journal

My Fotki

My Youtube Channel
avatar
Lynnieluve

Posts : 8638
Join date : 2009-10-30
Age : 40
Location : Mississippi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Word.

Post by TheRYL1 on 7th July 2010, 12:41 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:Another status from my FB friend

"CNN did a report on birds covered in oil from the coastal oil spill. When pulled from the dangerous oil, they are cleaned, treated, and released, but some of them go right back into the oil they were rescued from. Through GRACE, God has PULLED us out of situations that have HURT us in the PAST. The problem is we tend to GO BACK into the same situation He DELIVERED us from. Don't let the PAST ROB you of your FUTURE." ~J. Thompson
Thank you, Lynnie! This is for me today! I'm struggling with old hurts trying to come back and affect my present. Well, y'all, it has been a F-I-G-H-T, you hear me?! :-) But, I KNOW this too shall pass. I just have to be aware...

Psalms 34:4 I sought the Lord, and He heard my cry and delivered my from all my fears.

AMEN!
avatar
TheRYL1

Posts : 1508
Join date : 2009-10-30
Age : 48
Location : Inglewood, CA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Word.

Post by TheRYL1 on 7th July 2010, 12:42 pm

Wait: I have to be aware and STAY PRAYED UP...wrapped up, tangled up in the WORD! :-)
avatar
TheRYL1

Posts : 1508
Join date : 2009-10-30
Age : 48
Location : Inglewood, CA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Word.

Post by Mangos&Bananas on 7th July 2010, 10:44 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:Another status from my FB friend

"CNN did a report on birds covered in oil from the coastal oil spill. When pulled from the dangerous oil, they are cleaned, treated, and released, but some of them go right back into the oil they were rescued from. Through GRACE, God has PULLED us out of situations that have HURT us in the PAST. The problem is we tend to GO BACK into the same situation He DELIVERED us from. Don't let the PAST ROB you of your FUTURE." ~J. Thompson

So Very TRUE! You have some very wise FB friends! I love it, so much substance!!AMEN!!!!!
avatar
Mangos&Bananas

Posts : 202
Join date : 2010-06-01
Age : 28
Location : Houston, Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Word.

Post by Mangos&Bananas on 7th July 2010, 11:18 pm

nattyblog wrote:
I think for a long time I thought being a Christian meant no more struggles. If I follow such and such rules, this won't happen. Well...things still happen from time to time. I came for a peaceful picnic and I got a fight of faith instead. It's a good fight though because He overcame the world. He is the answer. I wanted a drama-less life but what I really needed was victory in spite of the drama and I experienced it only after I figured out how to answer the question properly. Then I knew what to seek Him for so that I could ask in accordance to His will and receive.



You betta preaaach! I can DIRECTLY testify to this! I love it!!!! :-)
avatar
Mangos&Bananas

Posts : 202
Join date : 2010-06-01
Age : 28
Location : Houston, Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Word.

Post by Mangos&Bananas on 8th July 2010, 12:00 am

Though of the week; Speak it into existance. Its not just enough to harbor beautiful senarios and thoughts in your mind. The lord didnt say Think it into existance He said SPEAK it! God isnt impressed with " Maybe Ill do better next time" or "Hopefully I'll get that house" or "One day that man He promised me will come along", you have to speak and declare it with your words!

As Christians we go around telling people "Be encouraged".. "you have the victory!". So if we know we have the victory why are we still walking around sad depressed and defeated as if we dont have a King who died on The Cross and a Father who sits on the Throne?! We are blessed when we come and blessed when we go! If you believe it, confess it! If you confess it, dont stress it! :-)

When God makes a promise He fulfills it! Think about it. Why would he promise it to you if he wasnt going to do it? God doesnt OWE use anything. We fall short of His Glory.He doesnt HAVE to make promises to us.But He makes them anyhow. In spite of ourselves, He choses to bless us. So if He said He will do it, He WILL do it.His word NEVER returns void. And we have to stop putting God on a timmer." Oh its been two weeks...Oh its been one year... Oh its been 2 years!" so what? If He said its comming then its comming. Be encouraged! The longer you wait, the BIGGER the blessing. :-)Think about it, what takes longer to make a four course meal, or a grilled cheese sandwhich. Our God isnt a God that whipps up any old thing. He wants to bless you more than you have room to receive. Im encouraged! Enjoy the rest of your week ladies!!!!!!! :-)
avatar
Mangos&Bananas

Posts : 202
Join date : 2010-06-01
Age : 28
Location : Houston, Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Word.

Post by Lynnieluve on 8th July 2010, 12:01 pm

Here's another one.....(he needs to make a Thought for the day book..these are really good!!)

"Thought for today...(I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me; Philippians 4:19) When you buy a cell phone they usually come with a charger. A 3g or 4g cell phone can do a lot, but without a charger it's useless. God created us with the capability of doing GREAT things through Christ Jesus. Without PLUGGING into the SOURCE of our STRENGTH, we will eventually lose POWER." - J. Thompson

_________________
Self BC: August 9, 2009
"God will never put more on you than you can bear"

My Curl Street Journal

My Fotki

My Youtube Channel
avatar
Lynnieluve

Posts : 8638
Join date : 2009-10-30
Age : 40
Location : Mississippi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Word.

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum