The Word.

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Re: The Word.

Post by Mangos&Bananas on 19th August 2010, 3:48 pm

Hello ladies!
It's great to see so many other women joining in. all the new perspectives are beautiful, I had fun reading! Iv been so busy lately; and I have so much to share! I'll post later cause I'm typing from my phone. I have to call my Internet people. But I missed this post so much I had to logg on via mobile. Lol! Hope everybody loving life & walking in faith!

Todays thought

"Dont miss out on todays blessings while waiting on tomorrow promisses.Each day carries blessings of it's own. Sufficient to the day is the substance there of. When we say 'wait on the Lord' we don't mean to be stagnat, and watch the days go by. We mean to keep moving. press towards the mark. Receive the blessings of today WHILE expecting the promisses of tommorow." This is the day that the Lord has made.I will rejoice and be glad in it!!

Lately Iv been exploring the bible. Sometimes we get so familiar with certain books of the bible that they become the only ones we read. I'm guilty. I LIVE in Phillipians , Mathew , and Roman. LOL, but what about Deuteronomy? Certain books of the bible I have read top to bottom, while others I haven't even skimed.I'm challenging myself to explore new chapters, find new scriptures and become more familiar with the word as a whole!

have a blessed day ladies. And remember, life and death lies in the power of YOUR own tounge! Speak it into existance and have a GREAT day!!
Mangos&Bananas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BajanPrincess82 on 19th August 2010, 4:13 pm

Amen M&B! I am guilty of looking so forward towards tomorrow that I forget to live for today! That word was right on time!
BajanPrincess82

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 on 19th August 2010, 4:56 pm

BajanPrincess82 wrote:Amen M&B! I am guilty of looking so forward towards tomorrow that I forget to live for today! That word was right on time!

I totally agree!
freckledmom4

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ on 19th August 2010, 7:41 pm

Hey ladies I need prayer in my personal life. I need to rid some feelings of my daughters father, there is lie after lie and I do not know how to handle it. I dont know how th approach the situation, I have asked God to help me to hold my hand thru this.

Just send up a prayer for ole crissy
CrissyQ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mangos&Bananas on 23rd August 2010, 12:05 am

"Close mouth dont get fed!" - I heard this today, && it made me think.

....prayer works. but when you pray, you must also ACT. with authority that whatever you prayed for will come to pass.

EX; if you are praying for restoration in raltaionships, job promotions, or whatever...anything!!; YOU have to go after it. With the authority that once you attempt it, God will see it though. He will order your steps, paths, thoughts, words, direction from beggining to END. If you believe something is yours, then go after it! If you dont have the courage to go after it, them you DONT deserve it. [im just sayin....].

That thing you been praying about, has already been taken care of. God is waiting on you to trust Him enough to do YOUR part and act on it. Sometimes we want God to just GIVE us the blessing, but sometimes His way of giving us the blessing is by Him GIVING us the authority to walk up and TAKE it.The bible teaches us about the 'affectual fervent prayer' . Not the prayer of repetition. Dont keep praying about the same thing over and over again---He heard you the first time! PRAY...ACT...PRAISE.

Oh and also, Ive learned that prayer isnt just a request. Its a conversation. Its communication. While you ask Him for tommorow, THANK Him for today. Praise is WHAT we do :-)

Have a blessed week ladies!

Last edited by Mangos&Bananas on 23rd August 2010, 12:07 am; edited 2 times in total
Mangos&Bananas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mangos&Bananas on 23rd August 2010, 12:06 am

CrissyQ wrote:Hey ladies I need prayer in my personal life. I need to rid some feelings of my daughters father, there is lie after lie and I do not know how to handle it. I dont know how th approach the situation, I have asked God to help me to hold my hand thru this.

Just send up a prayer for ole crissy

Prayers going Up...BLESSINGS coming downn!!
Mangos&Bananas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils on 23rd August 2010, 2:43 pm

From the lips of children and infants you have ordained praise because of your enemies, to silence the foe and the avenger.
PSALM 8:2

God is sooooo good! My husband returned to church this weekend after not going since Mother's Day! I just prayed about it and left it in God's hands no nagging or nothing. But our daughter said to him daddy you never go to our church i want you you go to church with us forever and ever. Out of the mouth of babes I tell you! If I asked him all i got was I'll think about it. God works through the smallest of vessels.
Nikcoils

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 on 23rd August 2010, 3:27 pm

Wow! The last two posts I tried to put in this thread have just disappeared! What up wit that?

Like NattyB says...the devil is a liar! PUNK! LOL

Anywho...to make a long one short...Mangoes & Bananas...YOU KNOW YOU BE PREACHIN! And I Thank you for it! :-)

Phillippians 4:6
Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thankgiving, let your requests be made known to God.

AMEN!
TheRYL1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mangos&Bananas on 29th August 2010, 9:24 pm

@np that's awesome! I'm glad to hear it, God is always working! Beautiful blessing!!!

LOL @RYL1 ain't that the truth! Girl the devil is a liar! & I ain't suprised cause he invented the lie. Smh! Happens to me to. Every time I post I have to re type it atleast three times cause it always sumhow gets erased.But the more it gets erased the more eager I am to share.lol, so take THAT devil....I WIN!

Anywho ladies GENERAL question....
the scripture mathew 16:19

"whatsoever you bind on earth will be bound in Heaven and whatsoever you loose on earth will be loose in Heaven..."

What do you take it to mean? I can't really put my finger on it, & I'd really appreciate some different interpretations ...
Mangos&Bananas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 on 30th August 2010, 2:55 pm

Hey Ladies!

Well...M&B...today is my day off and I had time to read and think about your question! God is good. :-)

I'm thinking this scripture means that whatever you do has affects on earth and in heaven because you know Christ. Knowing Christ, you are aware of the idea of "right & wrong", so your actions have an affect on heaven and earth. Does that make sense?

1 Peter 5:6-7

6 Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time;

7 Casting all your care upon Him, for he careth for you.

TheRYL1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BajanPrincess82 on 30th August 2010, 3:07 pm

Mangos&Bananas wrote:@np that's awesome! I'm glad to hear it, God is always working! Beautiful blessing!!!

LOL @RYL1 ain't that the truth! Girl the devil is a liar! & I ain't suprised cause he invented the lie. Smh! Happens to me to. Every time I post I have to re type it atleast three times cause it always sumhow gets erased.But the more it gets erased the more eager I am to share.lol, so take THAT devil....I WIN!

Anywho ladies GENERAL question....
the scripture mathew 16:19

"whatsoever you bind on earth will be bound in Heaven and whatsoever you loose on earth will be loose in Heaven..."

What do you take it to mean? I can't really put my finger on it, & I'd really appreciate some different interpretations ...
One meaning that I found is that whatsoever shall have been forgiven on earth shall have been forgiven in heaven. Heaven sets the standard and earth follows heaven's lead. Also, for all those who believe in Christ and obey Him, the Kingdom of Heaven's doors are swung wide open.
BajanPrincess82

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mangos&Bananas on 8th September 2010, 4:26 am

Both of those interpretations were great! Thanks for that ladies, that scripture really stood out to me!

This week I've been in 2 Corinthians.No specific verse. The whole book is pretty amazing, but chapter ten really stood out. It was exactly what I needed, as a matter of fact, as soon as I logg off im going to go read it again! lol.

Hope everybodys having a great week. Be blessed! Smile
praises go UP, blessings come down! Smile
Mangos&Bananas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 on 10th September 2010, 8:37 pm

Mangos&Bananas wrote:Both of those interpretations were great! Thanks for that ladies, that scripture really stood out to me!

This week I've been in 2 Corinthians.No specific verse. The whole book is pretty amazing, but chapter ten really stood out. It was exactly what I needed, as a matter of fact, as soon as I logg off im going to go read it again! lol.

Hope everybodys having a great week. Be blessed! Smile
praises go UP, blessings come down! Smile

Hey M&B...I've been really off this week. The lil demon is trying, but I'm having none of it! I think I'll go read 2 Corinthians, too!

Like they say at church: MUCH PRAYER, MUCH POWER; LITTLE PRAYER, LITTLE POWER, NO PRAYER, NO POWER! Amen! ;-)
TheRYL1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mangos&Bananas on 22nd September 2010, 4:52 am

Weeping may endure for the night.But joy commeth in the morning...because He chooses to make us whole. So rejoice now ladies, for you are chosen. Blessed through faith, saved by grace. Your latter will be greater than your former. So PEACE, unto your life, your problems, your circumstances, and everything that surrounds you.Sincerly praying for each and every one of you. Prayer still works! Even when Hes silent, He hears you. He sees you & He cares about whatever it is your going through. God bless, ladies!have a great week!

And I love that RYL; "much prayer, much power!!"
Mangos&Bananas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 on 22nd September 2010, 11:04 am

Thanks M&B!
freckledmom4

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 on 5th October 2010, 7:14 pm

Hey Y'all!

I've been slacking here on this thread! But, I have been trying to increase my prayer, my conversations with God and improve my relationship with Him. ;-)

I want my faith to be automatic...not, sometime-y. I believe many of the things I've gone through lately have been to test my faith. I'd say I'm a C student currently, but I'll take that...I used to fail all the time! LOL

Phillippians 4:6
Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God!

This scripture keeps finding me...HMMMMM!

Take care, Ladies!

TheRYL1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 on 5th October 2010, 7:15 pm

Mangos&Bananas wrote:Weeping may endure for the night.But joy commeth in the morning...because He chooses to make us whole. So rejoice now ladies, for you are chosen. Blessed through faith, saved by grace. Your latter will be greater than your former. So PEACE, unto your life, your problems, your circumstances, and everything that surrounds you.Sincerly praying for each and every one of you. Prayer still works! Even when Hes silent, He hears you. He sees you & He cares about whatever it is your going through. God bless, ladies!have a great week!

And I love that RYL; "much prayer, much power!!"

Amen, Mangoes & Bananas, AMEN! ;-)
TheRYL1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils on 29th November 2010, 7:11 pm

My Pastor began a series on Grace this month. And this scripture is so on point.

2 Corinthians 12:8-10 (NIV)
8 Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. 9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Don't focus on the "why me?" in your situation but focus on the Therefore

Nikcoils

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 on 29th November 2010, 7:57 pm

Oh I love ths scripture! I used to say this to myself as I was going through a difficult time last year and it kept me very encouraged, but lately I keep trying to ignore the Holy Spirit when He brings it back to my memory. Thanks for quoting-really- you don't know how much I needed to read this.
freckledmom4

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils on 30th November 2010, 1:46 pm

No problem. We here to encourage each other.
Nikcoils

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 on 3rd January 2011, 3:11 pm

Hey Ladies! Oooh, I've been so raggedy on this here thread...and you know it's the one I need most! Very Happy

All I can say, is PRAISE HIM...I made it through another year. I know I'm better at trusting my faith. Does that make sense? I trust and know that He is God!

Happy New Year, Ladies!
TheRYL1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sebastain13 on 3rd January 2011, 4:54 pm

The song that I love is Israel Houghton Moving Forward

It is a powerful song to me
Sebastain13

View user profile http://<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/">

Back to top Go down

Post by Mangos&Bananas on 4th January 2011, 5:04 am

Going Forward I promised myself that I would stop praying in repitition. Alot of times when im praying, I just say the same things, out of habbit without even knowing im doing it. I don't want it it feel like im reading a letter. Less repitition,more relationship! I want my prayers to be a conversation because I truely do believe He is listening. A conversation where I speak from my heart, with reverence...and listen for an answer.

Random thoughts, but its been so long, I missed you guys, so I thought i would share.

Another thought, God says time and chance are given to all man.some waist their time and some miss their chance. Don't be one of those! Use your time according to His will. & take chances! Lots of them. Happy New Year!! Peace, Love, & blessings beauties!
Mangos&Bananas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRYL1 on 4th January 2011, 5:18 pm

Yes, yes, yes! Lately, I've come across items mentioning time. Time spent looking back with regret...that's usually the BIG one...it keeps one from moving forward.

My goals...let the past pass...be present in the present...and prepared & hopeful for the future. That's it, that's all!

Philippians 4:6
"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God."

Have a wonderful day, ladies!
TheRYL1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jaylin20032003 on 5th January 2011, 6:22 pm

TheRYL1 wrote:Here are mine for today:

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God. Philippians 4:6

Be still and know that I am God... Psalms 46:10

These spoke to me today...perhaps someone else needs to "hear" them, too! ;-)

ohhhhhemmmmmgeeeeee that psalm 46:10 TRULY just spoke to me!!! ive been struggling in my finances lately, and i needed to read that scripture. God truly works in mysterious ways! who woulda thunk i'd be reading the cn forum, and get lifted in the midst! Thank you Jesus!!!
jaylin20032003

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next