CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hair Day Blues!!

4 posters

Go down

Hair Day Blues!! Empty Hair Day Blues!!

Post by loveself247 12th November 2009, 7:06 pm

Ok ladies, I just washed my hair and clipped my ends and was tempted to keep cutting, but I didn't. Uhhhhhhhhhh this is so frustrating, I hate carrying this chemically treated hair around with me and I can't wait to get rid of it. I wish I could come up with another way to wear my hair. My scalp is starting to hurt from these Bantu Knots, maybe I'm twisting too tight lol.

geek
loveself247
loveself247

Back to top Go down

Hair Day Blues!! Empty Re: Hair Day Blues!!

Post by natural_nance 12th November 2009, 7:37 pm

I know exactly how you feel, transitioning is definitely a patience tester! But my hair sheds when there's a lot of tension on my scalp otherwise I would go the weave and braid route. But have you tried twist outs or braid outs? I'm not good at all at doing my hair or anyone elses for that matter so I go to my mom a lot. I just had her cornrow my hair and put perm rods on the ends so when I took it down today it was so full and then I made a lil hump in the front with hair pins. Another favorite style of mines is a straw set. Hope this helps but don't give up you're not alone! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

https://i.servimg.com/u/f83/14/53/67/66/braido11.jpg

Last edited by natural_nance on 12th November 2009, 9:19 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Hope I did this right but here's the picture!)
natural_nance
natural_nance

Back to top Go down

Post by loveself247 12th November 2009, 7:40 pm

@natural_nance..thanks babe....I wish I could see how your hair turned out. I'm sitting here trying to figure out how to do my hair. I wish I could do the two strand twist.
loveself247
loveself247

Back to top Go down

Post by natural_nance 12th November 2009, 7:52 pm

I'm still at work but if they ever free me I'll post a pic. I liked the two strand twists but I think they look better on 100% natural hair. But just think w/ all this style practice by the time we're all natural nobody will be able to tell us nothing! Lol.

https://i.servimg.com/u/f83/14/53/67/66/braido11.jpg

Last edited by natural_nance on 12th November 2009, 9:21 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I think I did it right)
natural_nance
natural_nance

Back to top Go down

Post by loveself247 12th November 2009, 8:00 pm

@natural_nance...yeah I'm with you on that. I tried them before and I didn't like how they came out on my straight hair...

Yeah I'm with you on that. We will be official pros!
loveself247
loveself247

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 12th November 2009, 8:42 pm

The transitioning phase is definitely a test of your will power. How long can you hold out before you grab those scissors and just go to town on those relaxed ends? I couldn't stand it and BC'd on a whim. I went in for a consultation and came out 100%natural on Valentines Day no less. I walked in the house and hubby smiled. That did my heart good and reassured me that I did the right thing. Smile
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Pi*Jay 12th November 2009, 8:51 pm

I am soooo tempted to go and bc on a whim... I'm in the same boat loveself... On a day when you have some time to yourself and nowhere else to go, do some experimentation on your hair. Pick a hairstyle and try it out- that way if you dont like it you can promptly take it down.

So far I've tried Bantu Knot Outs, the Cinnabun, a messy gun, and the twist out. Maybe you should try Nikki's staple- the twist in curl. It produces a looser, less defined curl than the Bantu Knot Out.

HTH! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Pi*Jay
Pi*Jay

Back to top Go down

Post by loveself247 12th November 2009, 9:00 pm

@Pi*jay,,how are you wearing your hair now? Girl I thought you were all natural...
loveself247
loveself247

Back to top Go down

Post by Pi*Jay 12th November 2009, 9:24 pm

No... not natural yet... my hair has just gotten really thick, and when I bantu knot it up, it looks natural. Today is a wash day. So I am about to go and co-wash, maybe clarify, then I am going to dry and try some mini twists. I will posts pics when I am done.

Bantu Knot Outs are usually my staple style but I wanna try something new.
Pi*Jay
Pi*Jay

Back to top Go down

Post by loveself247 12th November 2009, 9:31 pm

@Pi*Jay...oh, ok. I washed my hair earlier today and I'm sitting here looking like I just came out of a wind storm. My hair is all over my head. I didn't want to do anymore Bantu Knots cause that is all I have been wearing. I wantd to try two strand twist outs or something. I'm on Youtube watching tutorials now...but all I see are NATURAL hair types, not my two textured type. Please let me know how your hair turns out.. better yet, if you don't mind, email me the steps your taking to achieve your look. I may try it out if nothing else works. Tomorrow is Friday and I cannot be walking around like Sashs Scary!
loveself247
loveself247

Back to top Go down

Post by AfrikanLatina 12th November 2009, 9:53 pm

Pi*Jay wrote:I am soooo tempted to go and bc on a whim... I'm in the same boat loveself... On a day when you have some time to yourself and nowhere else to go, do some experimentation on your hair. Pick a hairstyle and try it out- that way if you dont like it you can promptly take it down.

So far I've tried Bantu Knot Outs, the Cinnabun, a messy gun, and the twist out. Maybe you should try Nikki's staple- the twist in curl. It produces a looser, less defined curl than the Bantu Knot Out.

HTH! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

As I read the bolded things that you said I was thinking, "Those sound like they could be dances lol"
AfrikanLatina
AfrikanLatina

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down