CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Weekend Hair - pics too

2 posters

Go down

Weekend Hair - pics too Empty Weekend Hair - pics too

Post by poeticlyspkng 7th June 2010, 3:28 pm

Hey ladies,

Ok, so the weekend came and went TOO FAST!!! Here in Ohio we are dealing with lots of humidity and rain. On a perfect day, I can stay in and wear my hair in twists. This weekend was a bit of a challenge because it rained a lot and by Saturday, the air was so thick you could slice it, or so it seemed! I planned to co-wash my hair on Friday but instead I passed out. So Saturday morning I co-washed, twisted it up in preparation for 2 grad parties and went about my business. I let them air dry thru praise team rehearsal, a trip to the grocery store and a hot stone massage. That was awwweeessommmmeee by the way. EVERYONE should get one.

Anyway, I did twist up my hair using my Aveda defining whip and shea butter (with yes to cucumbers as a leave in). It came out nicely HOWEVER, the heat turned it into a frizzy mess. I'll take my frizz with HIH only please. Wink It actually grew bigger but I knew it would not last thru the night so I added a little more aveda and a smidge of curl smoothie by sheamoisture and twisted it back up for Sunday. It came out well I think but still twisted it back up for this morning. Why? I dunno. LOL! I just did. So here are pics from Sunday and Saturday. Today Thelma is large and in charge and I like it. But I wonder- what is everyone else doing to combat the humidity. I've tried vegetable glycerine a few times but it's a no go. I think I've heard someone say aloe vera??

Sunday with my new camera... Shows everything! I look greasy and swollen after a 3 hour nap. Nap was good, greasy and swollen face- not so much. LOL:

Weekend Hair - pics too Dsc_0111

Weekend Hair - pics too Dsc_0112

Weekend Hair - pics too Dsc_0113

Monday/today:
Weekend Hair - pics too June710

Weekend Hair - pics too June7_10
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Weekend Hair - pics too Empty Re: Weekend Hair - pics too

Post by CocaColaCutie 7th June 2010, 3:33 pm

your twist outs are bomb! the veggie glycerine drew the moisture in the air to your hair, so i think you're looking for an anti-humectant. i don't have a recommendation of something i've used personally, but at least knowing the type of product might help you out. i feel like people have said aveda makes an anti-humectant pomade or something.
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 7th June 2010, 3:40 pm

I screwed up and created a new thread. Sorry ladies. I can't delete it myself because someone replied. Sad
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down