CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Natural Salons in Houston

4 posters

Go down

Natural Salons in Houston Empty Natural Salons in Houston

Post by areliasjourney 3rd June 2010, 9:22 pm

Hello beautiful natural divas!! I need your help, well, if you're in Houston. I want my hair cut in a certain shape, and was wondering if a fellow Houstonian could recommend a hair stylist who is really good at cutting natural hair. Thanks in advance!
areliasjourney
areliasjourney

Back to top Go down

Natural Salons in Houston Empty Re: Natural Salons in Houston

Post by Juices-n-Berries 4th June 2010, 1:43 am

I did my BC at Zayd's Naturally Natural. I have not had a really styled cut there so I can't say, but my stylist was excellent and I went to her alot right after I BCed. I can PM you the information if you would like.
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by hurjurnee 4th June 2010, 10:52 am

I have been to The Root of You a couple of times in the past year, but I only went for my bi-annual blow-out. Miss Debbie is the truth, in that arena...

This salon styles any type of hair, but most of the stylists specialize in styling natural hair. You may want to try them out.
hurjurnee
hurjurnee

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 4th June 2010, 12:46 pm

I forgot to mention Root of You also. I went to Ms. Debra also when I was natural a few years back. She does do awesome cuts.
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by natural83 4th June 2010, 6:18 pm

I go to the Root of You Salon as well, but I only go when I get my hair straightened, and that's every blue moon! When I go, I go to Ms. Debra as well....LOVE HER, and her New Orleans accent! LOL! I know she specializes in natural hair and is really good! She is the only person I trust when it comes to straightening...the last time I went was back in October. Dont plan on straightening anymore for awhile, but was considering going to her for a natural style! So you may want to try them. I will warn you....The Root of You is very pricey, so make sure you ask about the price for the style or cut you will be getting.

Also, there's Uncle Funky's Daughter in Rice Village....I had a consultation with them when I first moved here and she styled my hair with Miss Jessie's....basically I could've done the do myself! LOL! But as far as twists and stuff....ive heard they do a good job! I still go there ocassionally, but to shop in the boutique! I need to go back in there because I want to try their new product line.

I definitely will be keeping an eye on this thread because I wouldn't mind trying out a new salon for tricky styles! So i'll be watching guys!
natural83
natural83

Back to top Go down

Post by areliasjourney 30th June 2010, 4:38 pm

Thank yall so much!! I went by Zayd's a couple of days ago, and a Stylist named Toshia was recommended to me. I may need to check out the Root of You too...I only hear their name when it's associated with massages and spas lol. Thanks again, and I'll keep you ladies posted on the outcome!
areliasjourney
areliasjourney

Back to top Go down

Post by areliasjourney 30th June 2010, 4:51 pm

Ok, this was quick lol, but I have a consultation with Deborah today!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Can yall tell i'm excited?
areliasjourney
areliasjourney

Back to top Go down

Post by natural83 30th June 2010, 5:11 pm

@areliasjourney Yayyy...Miss Deborah is a sweetie pie! Let us know how it goes!
natural83
natural83

Back to top Go down

Post by areliasjourney 1st July 2010, 3:10 pm

verdicts in...i love it! and natural83 you were right, she's so sweet! she gave me exactly what i wanted...thanks again for the suggestions ladies!
areliasjourney
areliasjourney

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down