CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ayurveda 101 PART1

+23
dajewel
NaturalTina
naturalchic
KeAnia
CurlyNMixed
Alanija
CrissyQ
tiashaunteé
ChrsLvsBks
libs2001
jasikajohnson
Carolina Natural
envizionj
freckledmom4
krissyc39
newday
carfi366
tickany
darkkinkynlovely
KinkyNappyHappy
NubieNatty
Juices-n-Berries
ButterQueen
27 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Ayurveda 101 PART1 - Page 4 Empty Re: Ayurveda 101 PART1

Post by Alanija 2nd October 2010, 7:50 pm

Is there a certain amount of powder that should be used on certain lengths of hair, like 1 tsp for short hair, I tbsp for med length, etc.? And what consistency should I be looking to get? Thanks.
Alanija
Alanija

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 28th November 2010, 9:58 pm

so has anyone figured out how to cover the smell of neem oil? how long does the smell linger?
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by ButterQueen 29th November 2010, 9:34 am

Hi Dajewel!
The best thing I have discovered about neem and it' usage is that a little goes a long way so to benefit without the smell you can simply add it to some of your other mixes, your shampoo, conditioner, deep condish, even an oil based spritz. Depending on what your need for the oil is will greatly depend on how to use it. I have used neem oil undiluted and it lingers for days, but have used it in shampoos and clay mixes and it blends.
Analjia- there really isn't a usage table for the powders like this. What it all depends on is the result your looking for-
example: I want to do a deep conditioning treatment and I use 100 grams of brahmi, 50 grams of jaswand, 50 of amla, some honey, olive oil and aloe vera juice but I want to give my henna treatment a boost I would add only 25-50 grams of brahmi to my henna along with 1-2 tbsp of amla powder for dye release

So you see I want 2 different things from the treatment so I use them in different amounts since adding to much of a powder to your henna may make it more like a gloss or deep condish instead of a coloring.
Hope this helps!!!
ButterQueen
ButterQueen

http://www.butters-n-bars.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CarlaAR 1st December 2010, 7:14 pm

I'm ready to start the challenge but I have a couple of questions:

1. I recently purchased Amla oil (infused in almond oil from gardenofwisdom.com) and was wondering if I can oil my scalp with it after washing before styling, or do I have to actually rinse it out after a certain period of time?

2. I have hibiscus leaves I use for tea, but can I use it as a hair rinse, or is the powered hibiscus best?

CarlaAR
CarlaAR

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 1st December 2010, 9:20 pm

has anyone experienced that their hair was dry after using a paste of water and amla powder or water and neem powder
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by envizionj 2nd December 2010, 3:22 am

dajewel wrote:has anyone experienced that their hair was dry after using a paste of water and amla powder or water and neem powder
DaJewel, most of us using the ayurvedic powders apply oil to our hair before putting on the powders. You may even add some oil(s) (e.g., coconut oil, olive oil, castor oil) to the mix as well as your favorite conditioner(s). The powders are very good for the hair, but can be drying also if you don't add oil. The powders are like henna. Henna is great for color to the greys and strengthening hair, but you must deep condition to restore moisture to your hair after your henna treatment. flower
envizionj
envizionj

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 11th December 2010, 6:48 pm

envizionj wrote:
dajewel wrote:has anyone experienced that their hair was dry after using a paste of water and amla powder or water and neem powder
DaJewel, most of us using the ayurvedic powders apply oil to our hair before putting on the powders. You may even add some oil(s) (e.g., coconut oil, olive oil, castor oil) to the mix as well as your favorite conditioner(s). The powders are very good for the hair, but can be drying also if you don't add oil. The powders are like henna. Henna is great for color to the greys and strengthening hair, but you must deep condition to restore moisture to your hair after your henna treatment. flower

ty!
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 11th December 2010, 6:50 pm

i got my package from butters n bars, and goodness gracious there was so much in there!

i want to incoporate tulsi powder first, as the box says use by march 2011/ has anyone used tulsi powder? if so, what are your thoughts? i am thinking of mixing it with my deep conditioner as part of my deep treatmet.
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by zacharirayenz 21st December 2010, 7:36 am

Ayurvadic product is a best for a hair and you use a amla oil,amla powder,shikakai,aritha powder,this a best and this a natural things it never affect your hair and use a henna this a best for a hair.

zacharirayenz

Back to top Go down

Post by ladygogohot 21st December 2010, 2:48 pm

Hey ladies, is it too late to join. i have been using these powders for a while now, but been basically doing my own thing. i have easy access to all these powders and i use them quite a lot.

They are so effective and cheap Very Happy and they have helped my hair quite alot.

The info mention is priceless and thank you Butter Queen for doing such a great job. These powders will definitely be part of my regime.

ladygogohot
ladygogohot

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 21st December 2010, 3:09 pm

ladygogohot wrote:Hey ladies, is it too late to join. i have been using these powders for a while now, but been basically doing my own thing. i have easy access to all these powders and i use them quite a lot.

They are so effective and cheap Very Happy and they have helped my hair quite alot.

The info mention is priceless and thank you Butter Queen for doing such a great job. These powders will definitely be part of my regime.

Nope, not too late to join. It is an ongoing challenge.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ajsimmons8 16th January 2011, 10:35 pm

Hi Ladies, I just discovered this thread and OMG, I am soooo excited woot! This is just what I've been looking for and will definitely join the challenge. I'm going to the Indian store tomorrow to stock up and will do a DC treatment tomorrow since I want to do a henna treatment for color next week. Thank you ladies for all of the great information and tips.
ajsimmons8
ajsimmons8

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4