Healthy Kid Snacks

Go down

Healthy Kid Snacks

Post by CrissyQ on 24th May 2010, 7:36 pm

What are you feeding your babies? My 15 month old will not eat meat, she will eat chicken sometimes. I've tried her with hot dogs and she will spit them out, I cannot think of anything else besides peanut butter and jelly to give her. please help!
CrissyQ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Healthy Kid Snacks

Post by AfrikanLatina on 24th May 2010, 8:12 pm

Well Taj almost 10 1/2 months old and he loves sweet potatoes. I bake them in the oven for 45 minutes to an hour and mash it up a little bit and he tears it up. He's still getting used to using his teeth(he has 4) so I have to be careful with giving him things he can't break down yet. He also likes bananas and apples but he has to be sitting still for me to give those to him because he will choke if I don't make him chew it up good. He'll even gnaw on asparagus. I saute it in a little bit of olive oil and he'll just nibble on that. I want him to love fruits and vegetables because we eat a lot of them in this house.
AfrikanLatina

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=25004315&a

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ on 25th May 2010, 11:31 am

Thanks AL. My little Zaria is so picky, I just went yesterday and bought more PB&j sandwhiches. She has eczema really bad, so i have to be careful what I feed her.
CrissyQ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mom2KurlyT on 25th May 2010, 12:37 pm

My son didn't eat meat for a long long time. He would tuck it in his cheek and hold it for hours. Sometimes I wouldn't find it until the next morning when I go to brush his teeth. It was really crazy, cuz he would eat something like spaghetti and eat the whole bowl and have a cheek full of beef! Who does that?! LOL. I just kept trying but didn't force it and eventually he came around. He is 4 now and he eats chicken nuggets and salisbury steak like it's going out of style. If your babe doesn't like meat, just make sure she is taking a vitamin (as her doc if it's okay) and eating plenty of fruits and veggies, whether they be in snacks like applesauce or veggie chips or in juices like juicy juice harvest (kinda like v8 splash for kids). Go down the baby aisle and look at the snacks they have. Read the ingredients. Gerber has lots of good stuff like easy meals, juices and snacks. Good luck mama!

MJ @ 1.5 years

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

MJ @ 4 years

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Mom2KurlyT

View user profile http://kurlytspot.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ on 25th May 2010, 1:07 pm

She will eat the gerber food, like the ravioli that have diffrent things in them. I figure she gets tired o that (i know i will). Ok fruits and veggies. She ate green peas yesterday and i was surprised. thanks for the suggestions
CrissyQ

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mom2KurlyT on 25th May 2010, 1:55 pm

Anytime, let us know how it goes!
Mom2KurlyT

View user profile http://kurlytspot.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Notthecoolmom on 16th June 2010, 10:37 pm

Have you tried the canned ravioli?
My little one likes most meats and eats most veggies (she use to love carrots, now won't eat them), but LOVES green beans. Have you tried mixing something like a tofu in her meal so she gets protein?
Notthecoolmom

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/Notthecoolmom

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveleeMama on 20th June 2010, 3:49 pm

I read that most toddlers need to see and taste a new food about 8 times before they decide whether they like it. My 20 mo daughter doesnt like most meats. She does like my tofu stir fry. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] There are recipes for tofu smoothies ( you cant taste the tofu). She like chicken but only if she can have her own drumstick. LOL. She's very independent (wonder where she got that from) mostly likes foods where she can feed herself.

Other suggestions
Yogurt with different fruits mixed in and cheerios.
Or fruit with yogurt as a dip (yes its can get messy but she eats it all)
Instead of PBJ you could try PB and Bananas.
I add small bits of sweet potato and squash to my mac and cheese. ( even the hubby likes this one hes very picky)
Grilled cheese with tomato and avocado.
Softly streamed veggies with lite salad dressing, mashed avocado or hummus for dipping.
Chesse quesdillas with meat or tofu. add avocado or salsa for dipping.

Most important. Dont get frustrated with your toddler and eating this stage will pass eventually. As long as you and your doctor agree that she is growing developing well then you doing fine. Good Luck
LoveleeMama

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Red53 on 24th June 2010, 11:51 am

Just keep trying different things. Try pasta's, and lots of fruits and veggies...cooked carrots, green beans, apple sauce, ect. Pnut. Utter has been linked to increasing excema outbreaks, so talk to your peed about that.
Red53

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down