CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If you do an indigo treatment..

+3
letha
TMS
Karyn
7 posters

Go down

If you do an indigo treatment.. Empty If you do an indigo treatment..

Post by Karyn 19th May 2010, 11:01 pm

followed by a henna treatment, would your hair still be tinted red afterward? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Random thought haha.
Karyn
Karyn

Back to top Go down

If you do an indigo treatment.. Empty Re: If you do an indigo treatment..

Post by TMS 19th May 2010, 11:27 pm

AimWard stated that her hair was a natural black after using indigo. Here's the recipe that she posted:

AimWard henna mix:

Henna/Indigo bundle from Mehandi.com for African hair
1/2 fresh squeezed lemon
Distilled water
nothing else

I squeeze the lemon into a cup of distilled water and taste. If it makes me suck my cheeks and squeeze my eyes shut, I know it's acidic enough. If not, I add more lemon. I mix the lemon water with the henna and let sit about 12-14 hours.

The night before I henna, I detangle, wash with Jessicurl Gentle lather poo, and condition. The next day I apply the henna, wrap with a Target plastic bag and wait 4 hours.

I rinse the henna out, mix the indigo with distilled water, apply, wrap my head in a wal-mart plastic bag, wait 1 hour then rinse.

My natural hair color is sort of a dusty dark brown with a few grays sprinkled along my hair line (I've been gray since I was a child). The henna/indigo makes my hair a nice, soft, natural black.
TMS
TMS

Back to top Go down

Post by letha 20th May 2010, 10:38 pm

I did a Henna Gloss and then an Indigo treatment and my hair was black.. My gray was copper until I put the indigo in my hair and then my hair color was black.. It's been holding up pretty good.. This was about 1 month ago and I still don't see any gray hair..
letha
letha

Back to top Go down

Post by TMS 21st May 2010, 12:06 am

Good to know letha.
TMS
TMS

Back to top Go down

Post by Thetruthisoutthere 15th June 2010, 6:28 pm

Hi Karyn;

I indigo immediately after I henna. I purchase "Light Mountain - Cover the Gray" Henna kit from a health food store in Newark, DE. You get 100g each of henna and indigo in the kit. It costs approximately $11.00. You mix the henna with hot water instead of lemon juice. I'm too scared to try lemon juice since watching Kimmaytube's YouTube on pH. My hairline is rather thin from heredity and a long history of relaxers.

I apply the indigo mixture immediately after rinsing the henna with water, and I condition AFTER the indigo is rinsed out.

The key to successful indigo application is to mix it and apply it immediatly like @TMS quoted. I get pretty good results with henna followed by indigo. It's a natural, soft dark black, not 'miss clairol' black. It looks SUPER glossy when I use IC fantasia or KCCC On my TWA.
Thetruthisoutthere
Thetruthisoutthere

Back to top Go down

Post by Karyn 19th June 2010, 11:55 pm

hahahaha i don't even remember making this thread!

thanks for the input though Very Happy
Karyn
Karyn

Back to top Go down

Post by kiltray 13th July 2010, 9:23 pm

So, can you henna after/ over indigo? Will you hair still have the reddish tint?

kiltray

Back to top Go down

Post by Naturally Zee 29th July 2010, 1:38 pm

kiltray wrote:So, can you henna after/ over indigo? Will you hair still have the reddish tint?

I think whatever you do after the indigo will not show. Also I read in a "How To" guide that you never do just indigo on your hair, or it will turn it blue. They maye have been talking about lighter hair colors (blonde, red).

Now if the indigo is older, I suggest waiting until it fades in a few months.

The Ebook is located at www.hennaforhair.com/freebooks/hennaforhair.pdf
Naturally Zee
Naturally Zee

Back to top Go down

Post by CiaE 14th August 2010, 12:59 pm

Naturally Zee wrote:
kiltray wrote:So, can you henna after/ over indigo? Will you hair still have the reddish tint?

I think whatever you do after the indigo will not show. Also I read in a "How To" guide that you never do just indigo on your hair, or it will turn it blue. They maye have been talking about lighter hair colors (blonde, red).

Now if the indigo is older, I suggest waiting until it fades in a few months.

The Ebook is located at www.hennaforhair.com/freebooks/hennaforhair.pdf

hmm ok so my hair is redbrown... so using just indigo is a nono??? I heard if u henna chemicaaly treat dyed hair with henna it turns it green so im confused... lol
CiaE
CiaE

http://napskinkslove.onsugar.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down