CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Henna Question-What's up with this color?

5 posters

Go down

Henna Question-What's up with this color? Empty Henna Question-What's up with this color?

Post by popsbaby 15th May 2010, 3:13 pm

I henna'd with Punjabi Prime last night. I left it in overnight, rinsed it out this morning and DCd.
I don't really notice a color difference. Everything that I've read online says that the color will deepen in 3 days. Is this really true?? Have any of you experienced this? Thanks in advance.
popsbaby
popsbaby

Back to top Go down

Henna Question-What's up with this color? Empty Re: Henna Question-What's up with this color?

Post by Niqui36 15th May 2010, 5:47 pm

If this was your first time using henna, you may not even see a color, depending on how dark your hair is. My hair is a medium brown color and I could see the color that henna left in my hair, but only in certain light. It does deepen over time too. When I was out with my sister the other day, she noticed the color in my hair (we were outside). So I think its only noticeable in the light. Hope this helps. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Niqui36
Niqui36

Back to top Go down

Henna Question-What's up with this color? Empty Re: Henna Question-What's up with this color?

Post by Jonezy 16th May 2010, 12:49 am

Henna is like using a dye-rinse on your hair: if you have dark (black) hair you will only see the "color"/rinse under certain light such as in the sunlight as Niqui stated.

If you hair is blonde, brunette, or if you have highlights/previously dyed lighter color in your hair, or gray hairs--those people will see a significant red/orange/brown color change from henna that can be seen all the time.

If your hair is dark & the goal is to have bold color that can be seen at all times, a real hair dye that lightens your actual strands would be the way to go.
Hope that helps!
Jonezy
Jonezy

http://www.bleucoiffure.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by hurjurnee 18th May 2010, 3:15 pm

Hi there,

I've used Punjabi Prime three times, and my hair has a really strong auburn color to it. My hair was originally a chocolate brown color, naturally. The first time I used henna, I believe I only noticed it in the light. The second time I used it, everyone noticed it, all the time. People at work were literally coming up to me, asking when did I dye my hair, even though I knew that I had used henna the previous month, and I kept it in overnight both times. I would say to try it again. What did you use to mix with the henna powder? The first two times I used henna, I used straight orange juice to mix it, and I let that sit in a plastic bowl covered with plastic wrap (info obtained from hennaforhair.com) for approximately 6-8 hours. Then I left the henna in my hair overnight. As stated previously, it definitely has a lot to do with the color of your hair. If your hair is brown, you should definitely notice a difference after the second time. I believe the acid from the o.j. helped the dye release, as well.

HTH!!

Last edited by hurjurnee on 18th May 2010, 3:17 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammar)
hurjurnee
hurjurnee

Back to top Go down

Post by R2D2 19th May 2010, 7:52 am

As others have said it depends on your starting out hair colour. If this is very dark or black, then there won't be a strong colour change.
R2D2
R2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down