CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Happy Curly with curls as pretty as cotton candy!

+10
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
sweetdrk1
DvaAuNaturel
Juices-n-Berries
poeticlyspkng
KinkyNappyHappy
ktoliver5303
NylaCoils
Muz
HappyCurly
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Happy Curly with curls as pretty as cotton candy! Empty Happy Curly with curls as pretty as cotton candy!

Post by HappyCurly 14th May 2010, 8:29 pm

Starting new hair blog here! On my mind: How to BC. With me and a friend? Or at a salon? A salon that also uses relaxers; I don't even want to be near them.

HappyCurly

Back to top Go down

Happy Curly with curls as pretty as cotton candy! Empty Re: Happy Curly with curls as pretty as cotton candy!

Post by HappyCurly 14th May 2010, 8:39 pm

About me: transitioning. lots of relaxed hair and lots of tight cork screw curls! An inch of feathery hair between the curls and the relaxed hair. not sure what to do with it.

not into gel or leave in conditioners, not against them, just not seen one that makes me want to purchase it. love carrier oils.

confused about why natural hair soaks up water and oil, but relaxed hair just doesn't.

researching bc options. no bc this month.

donating relaxed hair to some group, like 'locks of love', because i worked too hard on having healthy relaxed hair to not do something with it. i will miss my length, but i hope it helps to know that someone benefitted from it.

braid outs every day, sometimes pulled back.

need new hair accessories, new scrunchies, head bands, pretty bobby pins!!!! not sure where the best ones are.

HappyCurly

Back to top Go down

Happy Curly with curls as pretty as cotton candy! Empty Re: Happy Curly with curls as pretty as cotton candy!

Post by Muz 14th May 2010, 8:42 pm

I'm planning to self-BC and have my mom do the back for me (with what little amount will need to be cut back there). I think it's cool that you have enough hair to donate to locks of love, if I donated what I'm about to cut off, they'd laugh me out of the building. LOL, not that my hair is unhealthy there just won't be enough of it to do anything for anyone.
Muz
Muz

http://muzikalhairjournal.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by NylaCoils 14th May 2010, 8:53 pm

Glad that you are dontating to lock of love- Best wishes on your natural journey.

I think with black hair - it doesnt have to be a certain length. They (lock of love) need african american hair. You may need to check into it!
NylaCoils
NylaCoils

http://coilyencounters.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by HappyCurly 16th May 2010, 10:28 am

Thanks for your thoughts!!

HappyCurly

Back to top Go down

Post by HappyCurly 16th May 2010, 10:30 am

My question today is: what do you wash your face with to get the oil off of it? I put olive oil at my scalp to pree poo, then wait a long time, then co wash. The oil goes from scalp to face skin, and I break out in acne along the edges of my face. Not a cute look, and more emphasis will be on my face after I bc, so I'm nervous about skin looking like this. I use dove soap to wash it off, but it still feels oily; the dove isn't harsh. I am nervous about a harsh soap.

HappyCurly

Back to top Go down

Post by ktoliver5303 16th May 2010, 10:34 am

Hey hun welcome to Curl Street. Trust when you do decide to BC you will fall in love with you all over again. Also post pics, we would love to see and support you on this journey.
ktoliver5303
ktoliver5303

Back to top Go down

Post by ktoliver5303 16th May 2010, 10:38 am

I use University Medical Acne Free Zone. It is like proactive just cheaper and it is better with my skin. I have oily skin and oil does get to it and clog the pores. Some people use black soap but I heard it burns, yet effective.
ktoliver5303
ktoliver5303

Back to top Go down

Post by HappyCurly 16th May 2010, 10:44 am

can I buy university medical at any store, like wal mart?

HappyCurly

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 16th May 2010, 10:48 am

Welcome to CSJ!!! The best way to control oil is with oil!!! Check out this link

http://www.theoilcleansingmethod.com/

I am the queen of oily skin and since I've been using this method my skin is just beautiful...IMO. I know it seems strange to control oil with oil but it really works. HTH

Look forward to following your journey, and can't wait until you bc!!

Remember it's all about the curls!!!

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by HappyCurly 16th May 2010, 11:05 am

I read it, very interesting.

HappyCurly

Back to top Go down

Post by HappyCurly 18th May 2010, 12:01 am

not yet tried oil rinse on skin

braid and curl yesterday, came out very very nice, pleasantly surprised

set it today again for night time. just one or two re braided sections. put all on rollers. a coulple twists on rollers so the roots will behave

sectioned differently hope to hide parts better tomorrow, must spend more time fluffing out roots,

coconut oil/evoo/water for moisturizer after hair wash yesterday, wondering if i need to seal that in with butter or no

wondering: would my natural hair GROW more if I wore my hair in twists, instead of out all the time? it is in at night while i sleep, in braids or rollers. out during day in braid out. maybe i should put it in three strand twists, all over. i should trim ends first so twists stay fresh, longer, right?

HappyCurly

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 18th May 2010, 12:10 am

Welcome to the journal. Would love to see some pics! I think less manipulation does encourage growth. Many are in the twist challenge and are experiencing some awesome growth.
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 18th May 2010, 4:28 am

Welcome to Curl Street! Pics please. Happy Curly with curls as pretty as cotton candy! Icon_smile
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 18th May 2010, 7:20 am

Welcome, welcome, welcome.....would love to see pics!

Very nice that you are donating to locks of love.

Good luck with your BC. I went to a salon (natural hair). Didn't trust myself with cutting.

Check out this link for a salon in your area. You should ask other curlies on here too who are in your area. This site is the best...you won't be steered wrong. Happy Curly with curls as pretty as cotton candy! Icon_flower

http://www.naturallycurly.com/curlsalons
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by HappyCurly 18th May 2010, 11:19 pm

thanks everyone!

i read teh twists challenge posts; you can see the growth in the pics!!!!!!!!!!!! i just made a post there.

HappyCurly

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 18th May 2010, 11:25 pm

Welcome to Curl Street!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by SCRUG_A_LICIOUS 18th May 2010, 11:43 pm

Hey welcome!! Do you need help putting pictures up? If so Im here for ya!LOL.
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 19th May 2010, 9:46 am

Welcome to Curl Street! I'm with everyone else, where are the pics??? LoL Happy Curly with curls as pretty as cotton candy! Icon_biggrin
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 19th May 2010, 11:06 am

Welcome!!! I answered your questions over on the twist challenge thread.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by HappyCurly 19th May 2010, 7:21 pm

Thanks! Saw your answers, very good ones. I tried one or two twists on my hair a fwe weeks ago. it loosed a little but not a lot.

I know I should post pictures!!! Y'all are so sweet to offer to help. But I'm pretty sure I'm not ready to post pictures.

How was everyone's day? My hair day was good. I rolled my hair in fewer rollers, so I wasn't sure what was going to happen to my braid in curl. but when i separated the curls, it was great, less parts to cover!!!!!!! so happy. i put a ribbon on my hair as a loose head band; i got a roll of ribbon from cloth store. some curls were very loosened and hanging too much, but i tucked these ends under the ribbon. i left the two front curls out of ribbon. so i will try this again tonight. so tired of using more than six rollers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HappyCurly

Back to top Go down

Post by HappyCurly 22nd May 2010, 12:12 pm

Already own: coconut oil (bleached, de ordorized kind) and extra virgin organic olive oil.

recently purchased: jojoba oil, grape seed oil, pepermint oil, tea tree oil.

My first time with the recent purchases, never used essential oils before.

any ideas? i want something to seal water in after a shampoo, thinking about using one carrier oil for that. when should i add tea tree or peppermint oil to scalp to help with itching? it doesn't seem dry, just itches in some spots some times. how much should it be diluted?

HappyCurly

Back to top Go down

Post by HappyCurly 22nd May 2010, 12:17 pm

new oils are from GNC, the "NOW" brand, anyone know if this is good or not? I usually get oils from the grocery store.

Forgot to add, I also got sunflower oil , not from GNC.

Excited about making my own mixes!!!

HappyCurly

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 22nd May 2010, 12:20 pm

I would suggest mixing your essentials oils with a carrier oil. They are too strong to put directly on your on your scalp. I like to mix my tea tree and peppermint oil with castor oil and jojoba oil for itchies.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 22nd May 2010, 12:21 pm

I use the Now brand.....love it!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next