CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Henna?????

2 posters

Go down

Henna????? Empty Henna?????

Post by Songwriter88 13th May 2010, 3:50 pm

Okay what is Henna exactly? What is the purpose of doing it? please help
Songwriter88
Songwriter88

Back to top Go down

Henna????? Empty Re: Henna?????

Post by R2D2 13th May 2010, 7:51 pm

Henna is a 100% vegetable based, permanent dye that has been used for thousands of years. It's from the Lawsone plant grown in dry areas of the Middle East, India etc and traditionally the people in those areas used henna not just in hair but also for body art at weddings etc.

Many of us are using it because it conditions and strengthens the hair in a natural way. It gives a red/orange dye which doesn't really show up prominently on black hair but those of us that are grey often also use other powders such as indigo, amla to make the reds brown or black. We have found it much more beneficial for our hair than conventional hair dye which contains chemicals such as PPD which have question marks over them as far as long term health effects is concerned.

If you would like to read about henna more indepth you can read this free ebook:

Henna for Hair Ebook

You can buy henna at the Indian grocery or online (more expensive but you can get more hand holding and advice from the supplier, whcih is great for those starting out and those for whom it is important to get excellent quality, 100% body art quality henna). Good Indian store brands that have had great feedback from natural hair sisters are Jamila, Nupur, Dulhan, Reshma, Karishma etc. Avoid anything that says "black henna" as they usually add questionable chemicals.
R2D2
R2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by Songwriter88 14th May 2010, 10:12 am

Oh wow, I have a natural friend who is giving me advice and who is going through this with me because she has gone through the transition already and I seen that she had one but I wasnt too sure what it was. How would you apply it to your hair, and does it have an odor, and how does it look? Thank you very much for your feedback
Songwriter88
Songwriter88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down