CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Major Breakage! Need a Serum!!!

+4
loveself247
*CurlyNikki*
HoneynBrown
DarlingCocoa
8 posters

Go down

Major Breakage! Need a Serum!!! Empty Major Breakage! Need a Serum!!!

Post by DarlingCocoa 24th October 2009, 3:06 pm

Ok so for the past 2 months I have had some crazy breakage in my crown area, ( ok Im exagerating a little, but I do have a small bald spot and breakage around that area). I really just need to know step by step how to fix this issue. Is there a herbal mixture that is great for this type of thing or even a natural commercial product? I think the issue came from always having my puff tied in the same spot...all the time! I would like to start doing scalp massages but my scalp is so tender that I dont want to irritate it by putting it in cornrows so that I can even have the access needed to do the massage. HELP PLEEEEEZE!!!!!!
DarlingCocoa
DarlingCocoa

Back to top Go down

Major Breakage! Need a Serum!!! Empty Re: Major Breakage! Need a Serum!!!

Post by HoneynBrown 25th October 2009, 12:50 pm

I know how your feeling. Try something with sulfur in it, thats what i am doing right now.
I use Wonder gro Sulfur hair and scalp vitalizer. The only thing about this is it has petroleum in it.

Try washing your hair with a shampoo that has sulfur in it and moisturizers with it in it.

also finger massage the scalp.

HoneynBrown

http://www.myspace.com/goldengoddess

Back to top Go down

Post by *CurlyNikki* 25th October 2009, 2:51 pm

ITA with the sulfur. Boundless Tresses is a product I purchased a while ago...they have a scented version so you don't smell like boiled eggs Smile

There will be a new segment on the blog soon called The Doc Is In. I'll definitely send this question to our resident dermatologist Smile

Shoot me an email later to remind me nikki@curlynikki.com
*CurlyNikki*
*CurlyNikki*
Admin

http://www.curlynikki.com

Back to top Go down

Post by loveself247 30th October 2009, 12:18 am

"Frenchee's Super Gro Scalp & Temple Ointment/Hair Conditioner and Hair Dress" is a good product for growing your hair, especially around your edges if you have breakage. I am from Detroit and before I moved to Houston a guy in the beauty supply said he brought it for his daughter cause her hair broke off and he said it worked wonders. You can find it at your local beauty supply store. If you have ever smelled Sulfur 8 this smells 100 times worst but it REALLY works. You oil you scalp with it for three consecutive days and then you wash it out. Hope it helps. Good luck!
loveself247
loveself247

Back to top Go down

Post by Lita 7th November 2009, 1:44 am

*CurlyNikki* wrote:ITA with the sulfur. Boundless Tresses is a product I purchased a while ago...they have a scented version so you don't smell like boiled eggs [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

There will be a new segment on the blog soon called The Doc Is In. I'll definitely send this question to our resident dermatologist [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Shoot me an email later to remind me [url=https://curlynikki.forumotion.com/mailto:nikki@curlynikki.com
nikki@curlynikki.com[/quote[/url]]

How is the Boundless Tresses working [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Lita
Lita

Back to top Go down

Post by makeupvixen 12th November 2009, 4:42 pm

I was wondering if this stuff was working for anyone? I have some major breakage going on right now. I need to find something that actually works because I'm on a tight budget and can't buy a bunch of stuff that may or may not work.
makeupvixen
makeupvixen

http://makeupvixen.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by D-Lish 12th November 2009, 5:32 pm

I'd suggest going with straight herbs. If it doesn't work, you won't have any negative effects because herbs are all natural. I suggest doing a scalp massage too.

Aloe
Arnica
Birch
Burdock
Catmint
Chamomile
Horsetail
Licorice
Marigold
Nettles
Parsley
Rosemary
Sage
Southernwood
Stinging nettle

Massage scalp regularly with tinctures of stinging nettle, birch, horsetail and rosemary for hair growth stimulation, to disinfect the scalp and to increase blood circulation.
Arnica, marigold, rosemary, or southernwood are also useful for hair loss. For best results, massage an infused oil into the scalp.

You can also even do an herbal rinse by infusing these herbs in hot water, letting them sit for a day or so and then pouring it over your head as a final rinse.
D-Lish
D-Lish

Back to top Go down

Post by KDiva430 13th November 2009, 1:14 am

Frenchees or Sulfur8 works good for edges and breakage and they are both about $3. Frenchess will have you smelling like tar/canadian bacon but it does help soothe a spot that is sore from being pulled tight. Always Super-Gro has menthol,nettle and rosemary so the smell is more like Vicks as opposed to egg. There is petroleum in these products so whichever you choose, use with a light hand
KDiva430
KDiva430

Back to top Go down

Post by makeupvixen 13th November 2009, 11:46 am

Thanks. I think I will try Frenchees the next time I get a pay check. I will just add some fragrance to it like I do with my other stuff that doesn't smell so great. I think I will add Pochulli (spelling) or something like that.
makeupvixen
makeupvixen

http://makeupvixen.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down