CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics

+88
MissyCee
naturallynola
MrsSunshinz
Jupitarlove
juicypeach
funkyhairchic
misskris
jeanlouisangel
CurlyChefRobin
gemofacurlgirl
Hurricane Curly
freckledmom4
thetiffany
newcurlieque
naturalmommyGA
curly-me-naturally
cyclingchick
PaganWifey
WhosThatRedHead
Ebbz
gigihaitiancurly
BeautifullyImpurfekt
wyldhoney
Serenity23
blondie
mstokes2008
AfrikanLatina
nattyblog
Neems
Janet36603
tiffytaffey
traveljunkie08
natural83
Mangos&Bananas
free2Bme
BajanPrincess82
Lotusfairie
curlsunfurled
jcanalena79
carfi366
priceless
Notthecoolmom
MahoganyCurls
HappyCurly
Keisha
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
soleil
jlowman1
NhappyJackie
dajewel
iri9109
poeticlyspkng
swoodward
CrissyQ
Muz
BlondeByDesire
SisterBoyd
CurlsGalore
Pinkrage
NubieNatty
Lynnieluve
.:Eden:.
Nikcoils
bholmes87
exhale1913
QuietButterfly
CocaColaCutie
LaToya28
SheeTacular
DvaAuNaturel
LadyMika
MsJay1121
missmoriah
krazy coils
TheRYL1
CocoEuro
coilylove
ktoliver5303
Intelligentbeauty
mrsmackey
Curly_Aquarius
KinkyNappyHappy
coilykinks
Karyn
sweetdrk1
ChrsLvsBks
MellowOne
Juices-n-Berries
92 posters

Page 18 of 34 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 26 ... 34  Next

Go down

Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 18 Empty Re: Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics

Post by Juices-n-Berries 20th June 2010, 9:33 pm

krazy coils wrote:It looks like ya'll had a great time. Love the frohawk and those earrings!

Thanks!

QuietButterfly wrote:Your frohawk is super cute, love the earrings!! My sister went to see Janelle Monae a few months ago, she said it was crazy how much energy she had!!!

Yes, it's crazy. She's really amazing.

LadyMika wrote:You had an awesome time at the show, I can see it. Your hair looks effin' FEROCIOUS. And the avi?? WORK. Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 18 Icon_cool

Thanks Mika!!! Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 18 Icon_biggrin

sweetdrk1 wrote:Hey lil sis!! Looking good up in here!! The meet up pics are beautiful. I also love all the styles you have been doing. Keep up the great work!

Thanks Sweet! I'm glad you're back and ok.
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 18 Empty Re: Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 21st June 2010, 11:36 am

Hey JnB....

Glad you had a chance to try MiraCurl. I didn't know you could use it on dry hair...will have to try that when I have time to re-wash if I don't like the results!!

Nice pictures!!

KNH
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 21st June 2010, 12:43 pm

Nice frohawk JnB! You all looked beautiful! Did Erykah have on the most massive of weaves or what? I love her though. I hope they make it to Ohio eventually. I especially love Janelle Monae! That girl is just a fiery ball of energy and dopeness. I love the freedom she has with her sound!
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 21st June 2010, 12:47 pm

Cute fro hawk!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 21st June 2010, 1:04 pm

Had to come here and comment on avatar--beautiful!

I caught up and saw you had a great time at concert, wonderful. Erykah Badu comes to the city often, and I love her performances. She does give you your money's worth. She'll be here in the next few weeks. I wonder if Janelle Monae is on the ticket.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 21st June 2010, 8:22 pm

KinkyNappyHappy wrote:Hey JnB....

Glad you had a chance to try MiraCurl. I didn't know you could use it on dry hair...will have to try that when I have time to re-wash if I don't like the results!!

Nice pictures!!

KNH

Thanks! Check out CoilsKinksCurls method on YouTube. She does it on dry hair. I tried it on dry banded hair. It did not go well at all. Next time I'm going to try on dry separated (but not banded hair) or dry unspearated damp hair. We shall see.

poeticlyspkng wrote:Nice frohawk JnB! You all looked beautiful! Did Erykah have on the most massive of weaves or what? I love her though. I hope they make it to Ohio eventually. I especially love Janelle Monae! That girl is just a fiery ball of energy and dopeness. I love the freedom she has with her sound!

Thanks. Erykah actually performed in sweat pants and a crazy weave. But you could tell that it was deliberate and meant to prove a point.

Lynnieluve wrote:Cute fro hawk!!

Thanks Lynn!

ChrsLvsBks wrote:Had to come here and comment on avatar--beautiful!

I caught up and saw you had a great time at concert, wonderful. Erykah Badu comes to the city often, and I love her performances. She does give you your money's worth. She'll be here in the next few weeks. I wonder if Janelle Monae is on the ticket.

She should be. They've been together in most cities. Definitely a must see!
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by MellowOne 22nd June 2010, 10:31 am

Hey JnB!

Love the avi and those earings. I bet you had a lot of fun at the concert. Erykah Badu performed on the Monique show and it was good. I Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 18 Herz her cd. You are really doing good with your hair, keep up the styles.
MellowOne
MellowOne

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 23rd June 2010, 3:27 am

MellowOne wrote:Hey JnB!

Love the avi and those earings. I bet you had a lot of fun at the concert. Erykah Badu performed on the Monique show and it was good. I Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 18 Herz her cd. You are really doing good with your hair, keep up the styles.

Thanks Mellow!
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by tiffytaffey 23rd June 2010, 2:38 pm

Juices-n-Berries wrote:

Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 18 June_m11

I loved her orange and yellow dress. She's a CN stalker. Lol. She's probably reading this right now and won't comment. Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 18 Icon_lol

Thank you...it is my fav dresses at the moment and that is too funny!!!!!! just call me "Lola Walker the late night stalker"
tiffytaffey
tiffytaffey

Back to top Go down

Post by NubieNatty 23rd June 2010, 5:04 pm

great pics! im still drooling over ur earrings tho' U KNOW I WANT THEM!!! do a giveaway wit those earrings where only i can enter!!!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by swoodward 23rd June 2010, 11:31 pm

mmm. The earrings are so cool! I like the frohawk on you. It's very sophisticated.
swoodward
swoodward

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 24th June 2010, 10:07 am

NubieNatty wrote:great pics! im still drooling over ur earrings tho' U KNOW I WANT THEM!!! do a giveaway wit those earrings where only i can enter!!!

@JnB you frohawk was really cute and I like the new avi. You keep things fresh....love it.

@Nubie, there was a vendor (one of the better ones) at the NC Hair Expo who had earrings similar and I think he is from Bowie (according to my card statement). I'll try and gather the info for you. He had some really, really nice earrings.
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by coilykinks 25th June 2010, 1:48 am

Your frohawk is really cute.

I need to practice that style again!
coilykinks
coilykinks

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 25th June 2010, 2:08 am

tiffytaffey wrote:
Juices-n-Berries wrote:

Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 18 June_m11

I loved her orange and yellow dress. She's a CN stalker. Lol. She's probably reading this right now and won't comment. Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 18 Icon_lol

Thank you...it is my fav dresses at the moment and that is too funny!!!!!! just call me "Lola Walker the late night stalker"

Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 18 Lol I'm just glad you found the pics. Lol.

NubieNatty wrote:great pics! im still drooling over ur earrings tho' U KNOW I WANT THEM!!! do a giveaway wit those earrings where only i can enter!!!

Thanks! We shall see.

swoodward wrote:mmm. The earrings are so cool! I like the frohawk on you. It's very sophisticated.

DvaAuNaturel wrote:

@JnB you frohawk was really cute and I like the new avi. You keep things fresh....love it.

@Nubie, there was a vendor (one of the better ones) at the NC Hair Expo who had earrings similar and I think he is from Bowie (according to my card statement). I'll try and gather the info for you. He had some really, really nice earrings.

coilykinks wrote:Your frohawk is really cute.

I need to practice that style again!

Thanks all!
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 25th June 2010, 2:15 am

Sooooo... looking down at my signature, I realized that I forgot my 6 month anniversary. Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 18 Icon_cry How the time flies...
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by MahoganyCurls 25th June 2010, 10:36 am

Great review! Love the fro hawk! Beautiful Earrings! You're so cute!
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by Janet36603 25th June 2010, 1:01 pm

Your frohawk is cuter than mine *jealous* lol just kidding but it does look great!
Janet36603
Janet36603

Location : Montgomery, AL (and Birmingham, AL on the weekends)

http://jlhorace.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 25th June 2010, 1:45 pm

MahoganyCurls wrote:Great review! Love the fro hawk! Beautiful Earrings! You're so cute!

Thanks so are you!

Janet36603 wrote:Your frohawk is cuter than mine *jealous* lol just kidding but it does look great!

Thanks! I'm sure yours looked great!
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlsGalore 25th June 2010, 2:10 pm

Hey JB! Just stopping by to see what new with you! Enjoy your weekend, love!
CurlsGalore
CurlsGalore

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Post by Curly_Aquarius 25th June 2010, 3:57 pm

Hey JnB! Look at you looking all precious! Enjoy your WE! Very Happy
Curly_Aquarius
Curly_Aquarius

Back to top Go down

Post by Neems 25th June 2010, 4:18 pm

Hey, your frohawk is fab!! I'm going to have to try it out next. By the way I saw Erykah and Janelle in NYC. I even wrote about in my blog. Wasn't the show great?
Neems
Neems

http://neemsnthings.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 26th June 2010, 1:36 am

CurlsGalore wrote:Hey JB! Just stopping by to see what new with you! Enjoy your weekend, love!

Thanks!

Curly_Aquarius wrote:Hey JnB! Look at you looking all precious! Enjoy your WE! Very Happy

Thanks! You too!

Neems wrote:Hey, your frohawk is fab!! I'm going to have to try it out next. By the way I saw Erykah and Janelle in NYC. I even wrote about in my blog. Wasn't the show great?

I checked out your review on the blog. Great interpretation! It was indeed an awesome show.
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by nattyblog 27th June 2010, 7:51 pm

I can't tell which I like better, the frohawk or the curly fro....The frohawk. Yet another style I have to try! Can't keep up with you ladies, sheesh!!

And, yes, MC for $12 is awesome!! They sell t for $20 at the Health Store around my way and it never goes on sale!
nattyblog
nattyblog

http://naturalgeek.onsugar.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 28th June 2010, 1:10 am

nattyblog wrote:I can't tell which I like better, the frohawk or the curly fro....The frohawk. Yet another style I have to try! Can't keep up with you ladies, sheesh!!

And, yes, MC for $12 is awesome!! They sell t for $20 at the Health Store around my way and it never goes on sale!

Thanks!

Oh and the MiraCurl is not $12. It's still 20. I was referring to the Curl Soufle by Original Fragrance Shop
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 28th June 2010, 2:13 am

So... I haven't posted in a while, so I guess I'll update ya'll...

Fitness

So you're looking at me like "JnB, you're skinny. You're in shape." WRONG! Trust me when I tell you that some skinny people are so out of shape it's ridiculous. And I'm one of them. I can't go up two flights of stairs without having heart palpitations (seriously).

Now, allow me to be honest and serious with ya'll for a moment. Growing up, I was ridiculed because of my weight. In the black community, being skinny is NOT a good thing. And I HATED it. So, I avoided physical activity for fear of losing weight. I thought that if I worked out, I would get smaller. Well now I've gotten older. I'm daily learning to accept myself and honestly IDAF about what people have to say anymore (scuse my french) I have to worry about my health and not my appearance. After all, this is what this natural journey is about. So, I'm starting, slow, but starting. I've been taking a Zumba class. And even though I can barely keep up, I'm enjoying it. So wish me luck. I'm doing mainly cardio (that's what I really need) so pray that I don't lose to many pounds lol.

Life

I have alot of important decisions to make coming up. So keep me in ya'lls prayers...

Hair

I've started a new challenge. Not sure if ya'll saw it in the thread. The challenge is to use in-store products only for a month. I came up with this idea because I just want to start thinking long term about my hair. My PJism is already starting to wear off (somewhat) and years down the line I probably won't be stalking the Donna Marie sale or waiting for the next Qhemet sale. So, in an effort to not "spoil" my hair, I want to see what products that are good to use in store (with good ingredients of course) that can give similar results. And like I said in the thread, I think it'll be a good opportunity to help out other naturals who come here and have questions about good products for natural hair that they can buy locally. So if you'd like to join, check it out in the Challenge Section.

And finally, I tried the MiraCurl on dry hair and like I said before, it was an EPIC FAIL. Now, here's the thing. I did a wng with the MiraCurl (the one ya'll saw before) and before I washed it out, I decided to play with it on dry hair. So I added a lil bit more product to the front and sides of my hair and shingled it through. It looked AWESOME!

Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 18 Anim_cd5c69f6-ee6b-9ab4-61e0-a05dfbc4db68

Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 18 Anim_6c941f1c-0476-52f4-b9a8-8121706d0cca

Look at those curls! I didn't even think my hair could curl and hang like that! So I got really excited and wanted to try the dry wash and go all over. So, I washed and banded my hair and then attempted to shingle the MiraCurl through.

Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 18 Anim_41651ac7-f446-71f4-8580-d9777bd5e73d

Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 18 Anim_5c69dd69-fa6a-6154-1d99-7643eb073df9

I did not like it AT ALL. I didn't get the little curlies like I did when I tried it before. In fact, I didn't get any more definition than when I do my band and go sans gel. I'd even say I got less! And I think I know what the problem may have been. 1) I probably shouldn't have banded my hair first. CurlsKinksCoils twists her hair when she does it on dry hair. As I've stated before, my hair is so dense that I have to do too many twists for it to be an intermediate style. If I'm twisting my hair, I'm doing it for twists or a twist out. Banding works for me and that's what I'm sticking too. But I think the problem in this case is that the banding stretched my curls out tooo much and so it took away from the definition.
2) When I tried it before, it was on a wash and go that I'd done previously. And even though my hair was dry, it was already saturated with product. When I did it this time, I was not as liberal with the product because I didn't want buildup from it being done of fully dry hair. And not only did I use alot of MC on the original wng, I'd also been moisturizing daily with QOHHB. So those layers may have had something to do with it.

So, I've decided to try it again. But this time I'm going to try it on hair separated in bands, but NOT banded hair. Like how I separate my hair for washing. Also, I'm going to do it when it's still slightly damp and not completely dry. Perhaps this will help.

But in the meantime, of course, I worked it out and did the old faithful... Puffy McPuff...

Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 18 Anim_41434476-594e-d5f4-6932-9b20668fa962

Right now, I'm rocking an amazing twistout, which I'll show ya'll later. I'm trying to alternate weeks between twists and wngs for the summer. We'll see how this goes...
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 34 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 26 ... 34  Next