CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics

+88
MissyCee
naturallynola
MrsSunshinz
Jupitarlove
juicypeach
funkyhairchic
misskris
jeanlouisangel
CurlyChefRobin
gemofacurlgirl
Hurricane Curly
freckledmom4
thetiffany
newcurlieque
naturalmommyGA
curly-me-naturally
cyclingchick
PaganWifey
WhosThatRedHead
Ebbz
gigihaitiancurly
BeautifullyImpurfekt
wyldhoney
Serenity23
blondie
mstokes2008
AfrikanLatina
nattyblog
Neems
Janet36603
tiffytaffey
traveljunkie08
natural83
Mangos&Bananas
free2Bme
BajanPrincess82
Lotusfairie
curlsunfurled
jcanalena79
carfi366
priceless
Notthecoolmom
MahoganyCurls
HappyCurly
Keisha
SCRUG_A_LICIOUS
soleil
jlowman1
NhappyJackie
dajewel
iri9109
poeticlyspkng
swoodward
CrissyQ
Muz
BlondeByDesire
SisterBoyd
CurlsGalore
Pinkrage
NubieNatty
Lynnieluve
.:Eden:.
Nikcoils
bholmes87
exhale1913
QuietButterfly
CocaColaCutie
LaToya28
SheeTacular
DvaAuNaturel
LadyMika
MsJay1121
missmoriah
krazy coils
TheRYL1
CocoEuro
coilylove
ktoliver5303
Intelligentbeauty
mrsmackey
Curly_Aquarius
KinkyNappyHappy
coilykinks
Karyn
sweetdrk1
ChrsLvsBks
MellowOne
Juices-n-Berries
92 posters

Page 2 of 34 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18 ... 34  Next

Go down

Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 2 Empty Re: Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics

Post by Juices-n-Berries 4th May 2010, 1:05 pm

Ok, so I just stopped by to show you some random pics of me and xal (my hair's nickname, pronounced zal)

So xal is finally long enough to section with pony tail holders. No big deal you say. But especially with the density of my hair, you can tell it's growing when I can finally fit one around a section.

Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 2 My_fir20

I actually think this is a cute style. But I already look half my age, and this definitely wouldn't help. Lol.

Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 2 My_fir21

I didn't post it earlier, because I didn't wear it anywhere. But here's a pic of my wash and go using Afroveda Curl Define and Pur Whipped Gelly...

Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 2 Puff_n22

Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 2 Puff_n23

It's still a bit wet here, hence the white spots. The curl definition isn't too bad, but it doesn't elongate my hair like the KCCC. I've decided, that for wash and gos KCCC will just be my staple product. It's expensive, but since I don't do them often, I think it will be ok. Plus the Afroveda has many other uses and I don't want to waste it on mediocre results.

Btw, did I mention how much I HATE shrinkage. See, I'm back to a TWA when I do a wash and go. Smh. But speaking of length, I posted these in the BAA Challenge thread. But just in case you didn't see them there, here's what we're looking like in terms of length this month. Not to deny growth, but please keep in mind, my hair is completely stretched from my fauz blowout. I say that only because I don't want to confuse real growth for just my hair being stretched. In the future, I will be more consistent with what style my hair is in when I do a length check.

Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 2 Puff_n24

Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 2 Puff_n25

Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 2 Puff_n26

Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 2 Puff_n28

Did I mention I HATE shrinkage. A few times now probably. But I think looking at that last pic you can see why. Lol. Oh and btw, I look so oily because I was in the process of doing a pre-poo.

Antywho, hope you enjoyed the random pics of me n xal. Later!

Last edited by Juices-n-Berries on 4th May 2010, 1:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 2 Empty Re: Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics

Post by MsJay1121 4th May 2010, 1:07 pm

LOVE the name, and the hair is SOOOO growing!!!!!!!!

Thanks for checking on me BTW.... =)
MsJay1121
MsJay1121

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 4th May 2010, 1:19 pm

CurlieCutes1121 wrote:LOVE the name, and the hair is SOOOO growing!!!!!!!!

Thanks for checking on me BTW.... =)

Thanks! No problem hun
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMika 4th May 2010, 1:23 pm

Love the hair AND the name for the hair. And you've got some GROWTH! That's awesome! Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 2 Icon_smile
LadyMika
LadyMika

http://metalkink.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 4th May 2010, 1:28 pm

LadyMika wrote:Love the hair AND the name for the hair. And you've got some GROWTH! That's awesome! Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 2 Icon_smile

Thanks Mika! And welcome again to Curl Street. Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 2 Icon_smile
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 4th May 2010, 1:59 pm

Hey JnB, your hair is really growing. Looks great. Your hair name is absolutely perfect for you, if I didn't tell you that already.

And ITA KCCC is the best! Your puffs did make you look about 12 yrs old. Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 2 Lol
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by SheeTacular 4th May 2010, 3:39 pm

Love the name!

What are you using to prepoo?
SheeTacular
SheeTacular

http://www.ThoughtsInspirationsEtc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 4th May 2010, 3:41 pm

Hey JnB! I love the name you've chosen for your hair and the meaning behind it! Just awesome!

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 4th May 2010, 4:14 pm

JNB. xal is such a great hair name! Love it! You ladies are so creative. I have no idea what to call mine.
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by QuietButterfly 4th May 2010, 4:36 pm

I like your mane's name lol, and the reasons behind it.....you definitely put some thought into it. Your twists look good too.
QuietButterfly
QuietButterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 4th May 2010, 4:43 pm

DvaAuNaturel wrote:Hey JnB, your hair is really growing. Looks great. Your hair name is absolutely perfect for you, if I didn't tell you that already.

And ITA KCCC is the best! Your puffs did make you look about 12 yrs old. Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 2 Lol

Lol. Thanks!

SheeTacular_Napps wrote:Love the name!

What are you using to prepoo?

Right now I'm using a mixture of EVOO and EVCO. I'm not really sold on coconut oil. I haven't had any spectacular results. So I plan to continue with EVOO and I'll be buying some castor oil this week and may give that a whirl. Although I'm not sure if it's too thick for a pre-poo. I also have heard alot of good things about Qhemet Detangling Ghee for detangling the hair when dry, so I may try that as well.

LaToya28 wrote:Hey JnB! I love the name you've chosen for your hair and the meaning behind it! Just awesome!

Thanks! And welcome back, you've been missing. Lol.

CocaColaCutie wrote:JNB. xal is such a great hair name! Love it! You ladies are so creative. I have no idea what to call mine.

Thanks. How about Coco Cola Lola. Lol. I'd be interested to know the story behind your screename btw.
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by exhale1913 4th May 2010, 4:54 pm

Hi Just stopping by to check on ya, and loving the name for your hair! I'll be checking out your youtube channel later on today.
exhale1913
exhale1913

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 4th May 2010, 5:01 pm

I'm a little late on the CONGRATULATIONS but I'm sooooo excited for your vid being on the front page!!! cheers

I loved the video and I feel so loved and I absolutely adore everyone from the BnB thread as well as all the new neighbors on Curl Street Razz

Also your hair is most definitely growing!!!!! I love the pics I love you
bholmes87
bholmes87

http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikcoils 4th May 2010, 8:44 pm

I hate shrinkage too! Lovely avi! You have grown by leaps and bounds over these past few months inside and out!
Nikcoils
Nikcoils

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 4th May 2010, 9:22 pm

QuietButterfly wrote:I like your mane's name lol, and the reasons behind it.....you definitely put some thought into it. Your twists look good too.

exhale1913 wrote:Hi Just stopping by to check on ya, and loving the name for your hair! I'll be checking out your youtube channel later on today.

bholmes87 wrote:I'm a little late on the CONGRATULATIONS but I'm sooooo excited for your vid being on the front page!!! cheers

I loved the video and I feel so loved and I absolutely adore everyone from the BnB thread as well as all the new neighbors on Curl Street Razz

Also your hair is most definitely growing!!!!! I love the pics I love you

npmoore04 wrote:I hate shrinkage too! Lovely avi! You have grown by leaps and bounds over these past few months inside and out!

Thanks everyone!
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by .:Eden:. 5th May 2010, 5:36 am

Your hair has really grown A LOT!

http://members.fotki.com/jhippolyte/about

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 5th May 2010, 6:12 am

.:Eden:. wrote:Your hair has really grown A LOT!

Thanks hun!
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 5th May 2010, 11:12 am

Yay!!! Your hair has a name!

Embrace the shrinkage, embrace the shrinkage!! LOL!!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 5th May 2010, 2:22 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:Yay!!! Your hair has a name!

Embrace the shrinkage, embrace the shrinkage!! LOL!!

Lol. Maybe one day...
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 5th May 2010, 8:48 pm

So, you know my signature style has been the chunky twistout. That is actually in part because when I tried to do a defined one they didn't come out right. I think it's possibly because I hadn't mastered the parting and it always looks weird. Also, I felt like my hair was too short on the sides and it didn't hang by my ears right or something. Well I think it's a combination of getting better at twists and my hair getting longer, but I've finally got a defined twist out that didn't have to be picked out or pinned up, or worst of all, pulled into a puff. Lol.

Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 2 Twists17

Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 2 Twists18

Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 2 Twists19

Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 2 Twists20

Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 2 Twists21

Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 2 Twists22

Struggles, Revelations, Progress, and of course LOTS of pics - Page 2 Twists23

Today is Day 2. And they've started to swell as usual. But only a little bit, they're still really defined. I'll post pics of the duration of their life when I take them down. Have a great day!
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 5th May 2010, 9:14 pm

Your twists looks really good. And if it's definition you were looking for you definitely got it....awesome job!
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by Juices-n-Berries 5th May 2010, 9:47 pm

Thanks Dva!
Juices-n-Berries
Juices-n-Berries

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 5th May 2010, 10:22 pm

oooooo weee look at that definition!!!! Go head!!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by .:Eden:. 5th May 2010, 10:31 pm

Your twist out look FAB!!

http://members.fotki.com/jhippolyte/about

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 5th May 2010, 10:34 pm

I totally agree this twistout is amazing!!!! Did you do anything different than before?
bholmes87
bholmes87

http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 34 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18 ... 34  Next