CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When the Gold-Digging Backfires...

+3
DvaAuNaturel
CrissyQ
TMS
7 posters

Go down

When the Gold-Digging Backfires... Empty When the Gold-Digging Backfires...

Post by TMS 5th May 2010, 4:34 pm

This article is too funny. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

http://www.singersroom.com/lifestyle/240/When-the-Gold-Digging-Backfires

Just in case your aren't able to view the article:

As young girls, we are taught to marry up. We are taught to marry a man who is capable of providing for us and our children. Gold digging, on the other hand, takes this principle to a whole new level. Gold digging has nothing to do with love but everything to do with money. It used to be shameful when a woman was branded a gold digger by her peers. Men would often run the other way when they spotted a gold digger. Recently though, actress Lisa Raye McCoy has taken the title with pride and even kicked it up a notch and labeled herself a “Platinum Digger”. Hey, if she’s proud of that then more power to her. Although from the latest developments of her still-pending divorce (financials are still being worked out), she may have to re-think her title.

One of the first rules of being a true gold digger is to always do your research. Apparently, Ms. McCoy did not do so before she married the Prime Minister of Turks & Caicos, Michael Missick. In a strange turn of events as described by her attorney, the former Prime Minister may now even be entitled to spousal support from McCoy. Say what, the gold digger has to pay up? Seems that none of Missick’s assets is actually in his name, and therefore it would appear that he has nothing, broke, nada! Even the Bentley he “bought” for McCoy turned out to be leased and she is now on the hook for the payments. This dude played the game so smooth and clean that you can’t even get mad at him. Let’s not even talk about what has happened in that whole Anna Nicole Smith debacle. In short, she spent all of that time cozying up to 89 year old J. Howard Marshall, who himself admitted that he had one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel, to end up literally going to her grave fighting for her rights to his money. Her estate’s latest attempt at getting Marshall’s money has been denied by the court. And is Tomi Rae Brown, the self-proclaimed widow of the late James Brown even worth mentioning? I didn’t think so either.

So, what have we learned about gold digging? One, it’s better to get your Rick Ross on and get your own money. Two, do your research because even though he is the Prime Minister of an island doesn’t mean he owns it. Lastly, consult with Kim Porter and Kimora Lee (Simmons) Hounsou before you go at the digging alone. Those two know the game, how to play it, and how to come out on top of it! Don’t hate the player, hate the game! In the meantime, Lisa Raye’s gold digger card has been temporarily suspended. I love this line!
TMS
TMS

Back to top Go down

When the Gold-Digging Backfires... Empty Re: When the Gold-Digging Backfires...

Post by CrissyQ 6th May 2010, 7:11 pm

I saw her show, and i have a diffrent out look on her now, and it is not good.
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by TMS 6th May 2010, 8:03 pm

I was never a fan and couldn't put my finger on why, but now I know why. *smh*
TMS
TMS

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 10th May 2010, 10:42 pm

Okay so I happened to see her show briefly on yesterday while waiting for a more important program to come on the same station. What a joke! She is just as I thought. She must have forgotten her own line from the player's club, "make the money, don't let it make you".
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by TMS 10th May 2010, 10:51 pm

LMBO! Dva that is too funny. I've only seen advertisement for the show and I know it's not my cup of tea.
TMS
TMS

Back to top Go down

Post by vivacious00 11th May 2010, 9:42 pm

I think she's not bad as an actress and given the right role would do really well to make a name for herself as an actress. However, after watching her show, she's seems a little dilusional as to her amount of fame. I mean, we all know her as Diamond, from Player's Club and if you're really good you might rememebr her from that show on UPN. But c'mon I can't say either of these are great works of art.
vivacious00
vivacious00

Back to top Go down

Post by ktoliver5303 13th May 2010, 6:32 am

I remember her as Diamond and as a Devoted Mom on "All of Us" ( think that is the name). But when I was home on Vaca I saw one of her shows and was like um... I didnt know she was that famous. Did I miss something while I have been in Iraq?
ktoliver5303
ktoliver5303

Back to top Go down

Post by TMS 13th May 2010, 6:34 pm

All I can do is *SMH*
TMS
TMS

Back to top Go down

Post by natural83 29th May 2010, 4:48 pm

Its funny that I ran across this topic because Im watching her show now on TVOne! LOL! They are playing all the episodes today! Dang, that was messed up with her situation about the divorce and all! That's why it's important to be in a relationship for the right reasons! Her show is just "okay"...I mean I watch just to see what its about! Nowadays, everybody has a reality show, so that's nothing new! LOL! LisaRaye seems to be exactly what I thought she would be....super down to earth and real! But I just don't see how she wears white ALL THE TIME!!! OMG...I would get so sick of that! Im sorry, I need some color in my life! LOL!
natural83
natural83

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 8th June 2010, 6:03 pm

[quote="DvaAuNaturel"]Okay so I happened to see her show briefly on yesterday while waiting for a more important program to come on the same station. What a joke! She is just as I thought. She must have forgotten her own line from the player's club, "make the money, don't let it make you".[/quote]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Tell it Dva!!

vivacious00 wrote:I think she's not bad as an actress and given the right role would do really well to make a name for herself as an actress. However, after watching her show, she's seems a little dilusional as to her amount of fame. I mean, we all know her as Diamond, from Player's Club and if you're really good you might rememebr her from that show on UPN. But c'mon I can't say either of these are great works of art.

Ok, so I'm not the only one who's noticed this. I've never watched her show, but I read her article in Sista 2 sista and she kept talking like she's really a bigtime actress! I was like uh, slow your role Diamond! LOL

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down