How do you wear your hair while working out?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: How do you wear your hair while working out?

Post by JasLuv on 2nd June 2010, 8:51 pm

I normally wear a puff. But the days that I know that I am going to shampoo/co-wash I will put conditioner on dry hair, a plastic cap, and beanie. Once I get back home, I just rinse it out and put in large twists.
JasLuv

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalnat on 19th June 2010, 12:22 am

I am so happy I read this thread yesterday. I went to the gym this mornign and tried the loose ponytail to hold my twistout back. It worked perfectly!!
Thanks!!
naturalnat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jasikamarshel on 14th August 2010, 7:13 am

Looking beautiful in your lace wig will only lead to outer beauty,While your hair will stay beautiful, your overall health must be maintained,Wearing a sweatband or silk cap is a good way to avoid sweat and dirt soaking into your lace wig hairline, If too much sweat and dirt begins to soak into the unit, it will be difficult to clean while still wearing and can cause breakouts,You should wait to you get home, take of your sweatband after you have stopped sweating, and then wash your hair,To dry, use a hooded dryer so that your unit dries completely in addition to the hair underneath.

jasikamarshel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalnat on 14th August 2010, 9:56 pm

My mother (a new natural) wanted me to ask you ladies about sweating in your head when working out... she works out 5 days a week and sweats a lot in her head. She isn't sure if she should wash it that often or not. Also, she is looking for hair styles that she can wear (Her hair is about 5 inches long).
Any hair tips for her?
naturalnat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng on 16th August 2010, 12:47 pm

I do not allow sweat to sit on my scalp after workouts. At minimum, I rinse.
poeticlyspkng

View user profile http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalnat on 16th August 2010, 1:04 pm

Do you rinse with just water? How do you style your hair afterwards? My mom exercises before she goes to work and needs a routine for her hair. Suggestions??
naturalnat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by stevenson on 21st October 2010, 3:10 am

When my hair is straight, and I pin up my neck and face.I am the way I scarft satin edges to keep them down. When my work I have given up everything to dry and then I take off my scarf and make pin curls in the night.

stevenson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng on 26th October 2010, 10:54 am

I mostly wear twist outs. After the gym, especially when I sweat profusely in my hair (like during zumba) I will come home, let the water run over my scalp- add some moisturizer and sealant and twist in bigger twists. I don't comb or anything and so my twists come out nicely the next day.
poeticlyspkng

View user profile http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by boycemory on 5th November 2010, 1:05 am

When my hair is straight and I pin up and shut down my neck and face. I attach scarf satin on my edges to reduce them. After my work I leave everything to dry, then I will take my scarf and make pin curls overnight. I pin up the same way, in every day. I am very much comfortable for this style.

boycemory

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by terrymole on 13th December 2010, 9:58 am

I play tennis, bike fitness activities indoors and outdoors. Usually, I pull her hair into a high ponytail during exercise. Do not get sweaty when I'm done and sometimes frizzy. To combat this, I will apply a moisturizer and retwist bedtime to control frizz and reload the style for the next day.

terrymole

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by arjunbarbosa on 14th December 2010, 8:39 am

I play tennis, bike indoor and outdoor fitness activities. Usually, I pull her hair into a high ponytail during exercise. Do not get sweaty when I am done and sometimes frizzy. To combat this, I will apply a moisturizer.

arjunbarbosa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by russell on 23rd December 2010, 12:43 am

I work in the morning so my hair is usually in torsion. I practice before I put a black hat and cap leave hair twisted. The bonnet has quite large holes in it so my hair normally dries quickly. So when I get home I let my hair air dry

russell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ainsleytom on 22nd January 2011, 3:35 am

Dirt starts to become a group, it is difficult to clean without the use of the authorization, and can cause a rash, you should expect your home, take a ticket when you stop sweating, washing hair, drying, use the shirt is completely dry hair dryer for the whole device.

Ainsleytom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rockrego on 15th March 2011, 10:08 am

If your hair is not the kind of cooperation, be sure to mist the hair before a non tacky thermal protection agent, whipping your flat iron. Now my favorite is the gas heat protective agent, because it is essentially weightless. Excessive use of heat to break the bonds of your hair, and eventually fracture.

rockrego

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lemonjons on 21st March 2011, 4:25 pm

I usually wear a double strand twists and turns, but I think all of the salt, from all the extra sweat was drying my hair. I know more than I probably should co washing, but I do not want to keep my hair from re twist down.

lemonjons

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by shortnsweet on 28th March 2011, 4:54 pm

i usually wear a bun and some sort of headband. i just started working out and i sweat in my hair a lot so i had to cowash when i get home. the only prob is my hair is still damp before i go to work or class. i recently started diffusing when i dont have time to let my hair dry. i was trying to stay away from heat tho Mad
shortnsweet

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/tamara.e.gulley

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top