CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Newday - DC Trip and Hair Pics

+15
RoseNaturalBeauty
CrissyQ
priceless
Nikcoils
HappyCurly
KinkyNappyHappy
ChrsLvsBks
DvaAuNaturel
CurlsGalore
Lynnieluve
MellowOne
BlondeByDesire
sweetdrk1
Juices-n-Berries
newday
19 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Newday - DC Trip and Hair Pics - Page 2 Empty Re: Newday - DC Trip and Hair Pics

Post by newday 24th May 2010, 9:16 pm

Happycury, I think a regular bobby pin wood work but I found a pack of pins that had a flat round head attached at Hobby Lobby. It was a about $3.00 for 10. I filled the flat head with hot glue then added the felt then added the flower. It holds the felt/ flower really well. If you're out, you may want to see if you store carries them. Have fun.
newday
newday

Back to top Go down

Newday - DC Trip and Hair Pics - Page 2 Empty Re: Newday - DC Trip and Hair Pics

Post by HappyCurly 24th May 2010, 10:07 pm

thanx

HappyCurly

Back to top Go down

Post by priceless 28th May 2010, 3:43 pm

June 1st is coming soon How are you feeling?
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 28th May 2010, 4:06 pm

Sorry so late, welcome and ditto what priceless said. are you nervous?
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 28th May 2010, 5:57 pm

3 more days......you ready?
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by RoseNaturalBeauty 29th May 2010, 10:35 pm

Hello!!! I am sorry for your loss! I am glad you like the products...I am so excited about your BC!
RoseNaturalBeauty
RoseNaturalBeauty

http://www.koilsbynature.com

Back to top Go down

Post by newday 30th May 2010, 9:32 pm

Hey ladies. I went home for the weekend (left Wednesday) and got back this evening. I haven't had a chance to update you all, but guess what I did!! I BC'd almost a week ago. I have pics and will post soon.
newday
newday

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 30th May 2010, 9:39 pm

Congratulations on your BC!!! I cant wait to see pics!! Newday - DC Trip and Hair Pics - Page 2 Icon_bounce
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by newday 1st June 2010, 4:57 pm

As promised, here are the pics. My hubby did it for me last Wednesday night but there are still a few more relaxed ends. We will fix those by weekend. I love my new look. My only question is, What took me so Long?

Newday - DC Trip and Hair Pics - Page 2 Im000110

Newday - DC Trip and Hair Pics - Page 2 Im000113

Newday - DC Trip and Hair Pics - Page 2 Im000114
newday
newday

Back to top Go down

Post by newday 1st June 2010, 5:00 pm

I co-washed today w/ HH Hello Hydrtation. This was my first time using HH HE and I think my hair turned out alright. I also used Koils by Nature shea mixture and peppermint gel.
newday
newday

Back to top Go down

Post by TMS 1st June 2010, 7:34 pm

Looking good newday! Wow, your hair is nice and thick. I love thick hair. I can see you now rocking a fierce twist-out.
TMS
TMS

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 1st June 2010, 7:52 pm

Congratulations again!!! Your hair is so thick!! So what's the next style you are gonna try?
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by newday 1st June 2010, 8:55 pm

Thanks for all the love. You know, I would not have guessed my hair was this thick when I had a relaxer or the relaxed ends. It just always looked and felt thin to me.

I think I am going to try a twistout next. I am trying not to manipulate too much - but I can't keep my hands out of my head.

In other news... I took my son (almost 5) to his first swim lesson. I had been preparing his mind for it for about a week. He kept whining about not wanting to go but the last time we were near a pool he was so nervous and scared that I knew it was time for some lessons. Espcecially since my hubby thought the best way for him to learn would be to just throw him in. Since I didn't want to go to jail, I signed him up. He did well and said that it was fun. We need to work on holding our breath - but all good.
newday
newday

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 1st June 2010, 9:21 pm

Congrats! Feels great, doesn't it? Smile
Muz
Muz

http://muzikalhairjournal.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 1st June 2010, 9:25 pm

Congratulations on your BC!
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by newday 7th June 2010, 1:28 pm

Thank you Muz and Krazy Koils.

I tried to combat the dryness this weekend with a DC mix of Honey, Brahmi powder and ORS repl. pack. My hair was so soft afterwards I could not believe it. I rinsed it out and applied SheaMoisture Hibiscus Milk and Coconut Oil. Then twisted using KBN gel and left it in for two days. I untwisted this morning. I think it turned out pretty good. I need to leave the twists in longer but I am not ready to wear them out yet. Here are the pics.

Newday - DC Trip and Hair Pics - Page 2 Twisto10

Newday - DC Trip and Hair Pics - Page 2 Twisto13
newday
newday

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 7th June 2010, 4:29 pm

Very nice bc! I too like that sheamoisture hibiscus/coconut curl smoothie and milk! Can't wait to see your new styles.
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by newday 21st June 2010, 3:44 pm

I have been out of the loop for a while. Me and my fam went to DC for a week. We hit alot of the monuments and museums and we were able to get a tour of the White House. It was loads of fun. I did notice something quite interesting while I was there. My hair was so soft and moisturized. It was amazing. I think it had a lot to do with the dew point/ humidity (I read the article on CN). It rained just about everyday but only for a few minutes. On Sunday, we were at the Lincoln Memorial when it started to downpour. You could hear ladies screaming for miles because they didn't want to get thier hairdo wet... not me though. My Sis-In-Law braided the front of my hair and I wore the back out. Here are a few pics. She did an amazing job. If she lived in GA, I would have her braid my hair every week. I guess I need to learn.

I cowashed every other day with SheaMoisture Hisbiscus Condish and twitsted with the Shine and Hold Spray.

Newday - DC Trip and Hair Pics - Page 2 Dc_tri12

Newday - DC Trip and Hair Pics - Page 2 Dc_tri13

Newday - DC Trip and Hair Pics - Page 2 Dc_tri14

Newday - DC Trip and Hair Pics - Page 2 P_000711

Newday - DC Trip and Hair Pics - Page 2 Dc_tri15

Newday - DC Trip and Hair Pics - Page 2 P_000712
newday
newday

Back to top Go down

Post by poeticlyspkng 21st June 2010, 4:04 pm

Wow, love the braids and puff! Your sister in law has skills!
poeticlyspkng
poeticlyspkng

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/the-curl-street-journal-f14

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 21st June 2010, 10:48 pm

Welcome, I love the hair!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by newday 22nd June 2010, 5:55 pm

Thanks ladies.

While in DC, my sister called and asked if I would pick up some Kinky Curly Knot Today at Whole Foods. So I bought some for her and for me and also the Curling Custard. I am still experimenting with it but I am not sure I like it. Since it cost $26, I will keep trying. There's not a lot of clumping with it. Maybe I am not using enough. I will try again after I Henna this week.
newday
newday

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2